jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (19 posts)

Which candidate's job plan do you prefer?

1. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 4 years ago

This just in:
    "More jobs have now been created than lost in the U.S. since President Barack Obama took office, according to preliminary revisions to the payroll count released today."

This from yesterday:

Mitt Romney has promised to create 12 million jobs. But a new report has found that his budget proposal actually would destroy hundreds of thousands of jobs.
    Romney's budget plan would lead to a net loss of 554,000 jobs by 2014.

President Barack Obama's budget plan would lead to the net creation of 1.4 million jobs

Source: a new analysis by the Economic Policy Institute, a liberal think tank.*

But it gets even better:
    If Romney makes his budget revenue-neutral, as he has promised, then his plan would lead to a net loss of 1.9 million jobs over the next two years, largely because of deep spending cuts, the report found.

Nobel Prize-winning economist Joseph Stiglitz similarly told Bloomberg TV in June that Romney's proposed spending cuts would "worsen the jobs deficit and significantly increase the likelihood of a recession."

*Ok, a "liberal think tank" is probably not going to be an acceptalbe source for some of you. Therefore, feel fre to cite your own studies. But please do not copy pages from the RomneyRyan website.

2. Doodlehead profile image81
    Doodleheadposted 4 years ago

Both candidates work for the Federal Reserve bank which is a private corporation, not a part of the US government.   In that sense the candidates are the same.   They will do whatever the banking cartel requires.   Think I'm crazy?   Look it up.   The Federal Reserve is looking to renew their 100 year contract with the American people starting in 2013.   We must not let them.   

They are the only reason there is an income tax.   The "Fed" was created in 1913 off the coast of Georgia at Jekyll Island and the income tax was created the same year to pay for the interest on the federal debt.   

I know this all sounds bizarre but it is 100% true.

So.....it does not matter which party gets into office....but are both and paid for by the shareholders of the international corporation called the Federal Reserve Bank which is not even a bank.......look it up.....I am not making this up!

Mighty Momposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You sound like Ron Paul.
      Are you Ron Paul?

3. Wayne Brown profile image87
    Wayne Brownposted 4 years ago

Keep living that fantasy!

Hey WB.
      What do you think about jobs?
      How's the unemployment situation where you are?
      Here in California is is suck-o.

2. profile image82
      Education Answerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Wayne,

I agree.  Where are people getting these numbers?  The truth is that President Obama has a net loss of 316,000 jobs as of early October.

4. profile image0
    Sooner28posted 4 years ago

I don't prefer my options be decided by corporations.

Neither candidate is really on the side of the powerless.  One is just much more of a corporate shill than the other.

Sorry. That's not an option, sooner.

1. profile image0
        Sooner28posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Only because alternatives can't get on the ballot!

Jill Stein is on the ballot in most states though.

2. profile image82

I respect your answer.  Conversely, I don't prefer my options be decided by the government.

5. GA Anderson profile image84
    GA Andersonposted 4 years ago

That's a fair question MM

and though the sources could be challenged, there is still the question of "What do they know that we don't?"

What exactly are their job plans? Either one? And I don't mean their campaign speech proclamations.

Neither one has offered the "how" of their plans - so how can we know.

GA

6. Xenonlit profile image60
    Xenonlitposted 4 years ago

Obama has has a functional jobs plan. Mitt Romney has not given one coherent or truthful answer about anything, let along jobs. I can't believe we are wasting time comparing the two.

1. profile image82

Yes, President Obama has a plan.  His plan is to grow government so that more people work for the government.  According to a recent article in USA Today, federal spending accounts for about 24% of the American economy.   

Other than spending money we don't have, what is President Obama's job plan?

7. habee profile image90
    habeeposted 4 years ago

Obama has a jobs plan??

8. movingout profile image60
    movingoutposted 4 years ago

Yes he does, and it's obvious by the unemployment rate dropping. Better question, Romney has a job plan?

1. habee profile image90
      habeeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You know there are fewer in the work force than in two decades, right?

1. Cody Hodge5 profile image59
        Cody Hodge5posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Just a thought....

What would conservatives say if the unemployment numbers went down to 6 percent? 5 percent? What if we woke up four years from now with full employment in the economy thanks to Obama?

Would people who support the GOP accept that?

I'm not attacking you or anything, your comment just prompted that thought.

2. movingout profile image60
        movingoutposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yeah and if President Bush's term hadn't ended, there would have been a whole lot more!

9. profile image65
    logic,commonsenseposted 4 years ago

A Romney administration will help provide a more favorable atmosphere for job creation.

working