What do YOU contend the TEN main goals that President Barack Obama has for America?
Contend?? no need to contend he has stated them on http://l.barackobama.com/goals/ or haven't you noticed? Maybe you haven't notice because the record on his goals is questionable, but I guess you'd say that is Bush's fault, or the Tea Party's fault or, oh yes global warming because as he promised the ocean levels have not come down.
"In his convention speech President Barack Obama (September 6, 2012) President Obama set out a real, achievable plan that will lead to new jobs and more opportunities for middle-class Americans, while rebuilding the economy on a stronger foundation. Take a look, and then share these with your friends who want to know what President Obama has planned for his second term." Yeah let's take a look at them.
2. Create a million new manufacturing jobs by the end of 2016:The number of manufacturing jobs is still 500,000 fewer than when Obama took office
3. Double exports: Nowhere near it.
4. Cut net oil imports in half: This trend was already underway. Rising exports of gasoline and diesel have helped cut net petroleum imports by one-third since 2008. It could be sped up if the administration opened more federal land, both onshore and offshore, to drilling but they won't.
5. Support 600,000 natural gas jobs by the end of the decade. Well I guess Obama has to be out of office for 4 years before we can assess accomplishment of that goal but it looks like he has the EPA on board.
6. Cut the growth of college tuition in half. College presidents and administrators continue to get six-figure raises, even as students get hit with double-digit tuition hikes. Not to mention lavish rec centers and major athletic programs which operate in the red. That plan has gone nowhere so far.
7. Recruit and prepare 100,000 math and science teachers. Well we'll see.
8. Train 2 million workers for real jobs at community colleges. Working on it.
9. End overseas wars and rebuild the economy. Obama defends both drone war and NSA surveillance after first pledging to end costly, dangerous, wars overseas. Rebuild the economy? Far from that yet with shrinking worker pool and real unemployment in the 20% range the economic gap between the middle class and the “One Percent” has widened enormously since 2009 under his watch.
10. Reducing the deficit by more than $4 trillion. Not quite: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-5aAbUPCxhS4/U … 7-2013.png
Well even though we disagree on some things, we both concur that President Obama has only made this country worse. It is his INTENTION to turn America into a socialist state. The writing is on THE WALL!
We concur on 1 thing, but I'm confident you'll come around on other matters just as you did on that one. I had nothing to do with changing your opinion of Obama, was the truth that opened your eyes &so shall it be with all says the Hound of Heav
NOPE! I am still a Liberal; however, I'm a DISCERNING one. Obama was an accident. That has NOTHING to do with my stance on other sociopolitical issues.
Discerning liberal? When a liberal acquires discernment he/she can no longer be a liberal - like Ronald Reagan and multitudes of others who started off as liberals until they let the truth in, but hey, you are smart, you'll figure it out, some day.
by Grace Marguerite Williams 4 years ago
in light of the current sociopolitical and socioeconomic situation regarding the United States of America? Do you believe that President Obama is doing the best job he can under the circumstances? Do you maintain that President Obama can do a much better job as President? Do you contend that...
by fishskinfreak2008 9 years ago
So President Obama's approval rating after one month is...only 68%. Our expectations of him on Inauguration night were too high. His approval rating back on Jan. 20 was around 80%.
by Oyewole Folarin 5 years ago
What advice do you have for US President Barack Obama?His first term in office saw unemployment rate increased, national debt high and more US soldiers were killed while on deadly mission outside US. Don't you think his second term in office will be more desastrous?
by Ashi 23 months ago
What is the best quality of President Barack Obama?
by pisean282311 8 years ago
In an Internet survey released April 23, 2010 and made between March 31 and April 12, H.H. the Dalai Lama was voted the second most popular leader in the world behind U.S. President Barack Obama.what do you guys think of this..specimen was very small...
by Jack Lee 2 years ago
What do you think about US President Barack Obama going over to visit Hiroshima?It's been 70 years since the end of WWII and a lot has happened and mostly good for the nation of Japan. Do you think it is a good idea for our President to visit Hiroshima now? The site of the first atom bomb used to...
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|