Obama cannot share plan.

Jump to Last Post 1-1 of 1 discussions (16 posts)
  1. American View profile image60
    American Viewposted 11 years ago

Obama was in Florida today bragging about his new but the same plan to cure the economy. He wants you to go to barakobama.com to read all about the plan. When you do so it becomes very clear and evident what his plan is, to take your money. See, you cannot get access to the site unless you make a donation. That's Obama, take take take.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
      Uninvited Writerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Funny... I managed to get into the site without making a donation. Is this the one you are talking about?

http://www.barackobama.com/

http://www.barackobama.com/plans?source … y-nav-plan

1. Repairguy47 profile image59
        Repairguy47posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Went to the site and didn't get a plan unless its We're cool and Romney sucks, Obama's plan is the same plan. Get elected and try to fundamentally change America. That's probably ok with you but you ain't American, which begs the question, who will you vote for and where?

Like it or not, whoever is the US president will affect Canada...

1. Repairguy47 profile image59
            Repairguy47posted 11 years agoin reply to this

So who you gonna vote for Obama or Romney?

2. fpherj48 profile image60
            fpherj48posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Uninvited writer.....(sorry some of our "hubber friends" can get huffy under political circumstances)  This sort of tension is why I normally stay clear of this topic.  Basically, I am counting the days, can't wait until this is all over with........HA!  Then we can move on to different, yet fierce and continual battles.  It never ends.  In the meantime, we (the people) just keep crawling along and hanging on.  It can get interesting, surviving in a constant challenge......keeps us young and thin.....mighty thin!   Approx 11 days......please hurry.  Who knows....you may be gaining some new neighbors!!! LOL

I am so tired of it too, it's all over our news too.

2. American View profile image60
        American Viewposted 11 years agoin reply to this

UN,

Thanks for the second link, that one worked. The first one still will not let one in unless you donate. Obama did mention barakobama.com/plan in the speech, I tried that too and it did not work. Your link is a little different. Perhaps you donated in the past and joined his site which is why you could have access and those who do not donate cannot. Regardless, thanks for the link.

1. Stacie L profile image89
          Stacie Lposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I got to the page. Just click on the top Obama Biden name title.
          here a link to the "plan"
          http://www.barackobama.com/plans?source … dents-plan

2. Uninvited Writer profile image79

Not true, you just click underneath to proceed to the site. I am unable to donate to the site since I am not located in the US.

LOL yea, Obama is not taking donations from people outside the country PLEASE.

2. A Troubled Man profile image59
      A Troubled Manposted 11 years agoin reply to this

"Before President Obama took office, the economy was losing 800,000 jobs a month. Now, we've seen 31 consecutive months of job growth and 5.2 million new private sector jobs."

http://www.barackobama.com/economy?source=primary-nav

Man, I can see why you are troubled believing the story and talking points. First Obama did not create 5 plus million new jobs. In fact when Obama took office there was 111.9 million people in the work force. Today there is 111 million people in the work force, a net loss of almost 1 million workers. Obama brags manufacturing doing great, there have been 50,000 laid off in the last few months. The last biggest myth of all is adding jobs for like 40 months straight. Last year June and July lost jobs, not add, and August was zero, nothing added but at least nothing lost.

1. A Troubled Man profile image59
          A Troubled Manposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Since I provided a link to a source, you might do the same for those numbers.

2. Quilligrapher profile image71
          Quilligrapherposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Greetings AV. Our paths have not crossed in a while. I hope you are well.

It seems, once again, our understanding of events differ. Here are the current BLS data downloaded today revealing 111.0M total private non-farm Employees from the Current Employment Statistics survey (National) at the end of January 2009. When I check the data, I see a steady recession related decline that reversed in the first quarter of 2010 and has been rising steadily ever since. The preliminary figure for the end of September 2012 is 111.5M. {1}
          Seasonally Adjusted
          Super Sector:  Total private
          Industry:      Total private
          Data Type:     All Employees, Thousands
          http://s2.hubimg.com/u/7304793_f248.jpg
          Examining the latest figures, one fact seems crystal clear to me. About 4 million new jobs were filled from the bottom of the trough in Feb. 2012 (107.6M) through Sep. 2012 (111.5M prelim.).
          Now you know why I fact check.
          Seasonally Adjusted
          Super Sector:  Manufacturing
          Industry:      Manufacturing
          Data Type:     All Employees, Thousands
          http://s4.hubimg.com/u/7304795_f248.jpg
          The upward trend has not been 40 month but it has been about 31 months. I am not inclined to quibble over a few flat points on the curve.

Having said all that, I should also add that I do not believe a President can create jobs in the private sector. However, since the persons in the oval office take the heat whenever jobs tank, they get to claim the credit, even if undeserved, when things go well.

I know you to be a pragmatist and a realist. I must admit that I am a little surprised by your fervor to minimize the job record under this administration. Look at the graphs, AV. Your talking points ignore the reality that this nation was in the throes of a major meltdown during 2009 and that the picture has been improving ever since. If it makes you feel better to think these 4 million jobs did not opened up during this President’s tenure then so be it. You may also choose to ignore the man in charge when this nation fell into this abyss. However, the graphs above clearly identify the man in charge as we claw our way out!

I always enjoy crunching the numbers with you, AV.  I learn a lot.
          Q.
          {1} http://www.bls.gov/webapps/legacy/cesbtab1.htm

3. Don W profile image81
      Don Wposted 11 years agoin reply to this

So you start with a false accusation that you can only go to a site if you donate some money (despite the fact there's a link to the main page that doesn't require a donation). Then when others correct you by saying they got into the site without making a donation, rather than assume you were mistaken, you assume they must have made a donation "in the past" even though one of them is not resident in the U.S.

So can you tell me, just for the sake of clarity, do you need to make a donation to get onto http://www.barackobama.com/ or was your opening statement in fact wrong?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)