jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (7 posts)

marriage

1. misstrands profile image40
    misstrandsposted 4 years ago

who wears the pants in 21st century marriages i feel the tables have changed what do you think?

1. peeples profile image87
      peeplesposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Most marriages these days don't go by the "who wears the  pants" lifestyle but the working together lifestyle. Even in "traditional" relationships like mine we still work together to figure everything out.

2. psycheskinner profile image80
      psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It's a partnership where each person's role is negotiated and agreed upon.

1. profile image0
        shawneemckee92posted 4 years ago in reply to this

This is very true. There is more open communication between the two partners and they agree on the roles that they are going to have. I think that Feminism has caused the men to not step up as much, as it has empowered the women to be more powerful, it has cowered the men a little bit. But in my personal opinion, if that works for the relationship, then it doesn't matter which partner "wears the pants"

1. psycheskinner profile image80

And plenty of women still want a take charge breadwinner type of guy. It just isn't a predetermined "default" kind of relationship any more.

1. profile image0
            shawneemckee92posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I think its honestly an innate thing for women to expect men to be the breadwinner type. Something that we've been conditioned into maybe or it could be something biological, I'm not sure.

1. psycheskinner profile image80

There are certainly exceptions, but it still seems to be common.

working