jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

Anybody support these gun buy-backs?

1. profile image0
    JaxsonRaineposted 4 years ago

The majority of governmental gun buy-backs that I have seen have been no-questions-asked. The gun would be destroyed, absolutely no questions asked, and the government gives you money.

These are stupid, dangerous, irresponsible programs. If you just murdered somebody, go to a gun buyback and the government will guaranteed destroy the murder weapon for you. Wonderful!

1. profile image61
      whoisitposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I support it if they give me more than what I paid for the gun, I am a capitalist.

1. innersmiff profile image70
        innersmiffposted 4 years agoin reply to this

They have of course stolen the means to buy that gun from you, so it's decidedly un-capitalistic.

1. profile image61

Bought a Taurus PT-92AF on Friday, I have the means.

2. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

A destroyed gun is better than an unwanted one laying around the place where a criminal could get hold of it. 

And any criminal who has a hot gun and an ounce of sense, has better ways to despose of it.

1. profile image0
      JaxsonRaineposted 4 years agoin reply to this

In situations where they check to see if the guns are stolen(still giving the person turning it in immunity), something like 70-80% of the guns have been stolen. Sorry, no. It's ridiculous to use taxpayer dollars to let criminals turn in stolen guns and guns that have been used in crimes, give them immunity in doing so, and destroying the evidence.

2. profile image61

"And any criminal who has a hot gun and an ounce of sense, has better ways to despose of it."

Because they are oh so concerned about who gets a hold of it.

3. Drhu profile image57
      Drhuposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Laying around what place? Just around on the ground or on tables in places?
      What exactly do you mean?

working