Many states have laws on how to drive. With each law there is an unwritten law on how to drive.
It seems like every state has its own version of this kind of unwritten law. Unwritten because most (if not all) are not only not laws but actually violate the written law. Most people know that this is not really how the system works, but when the unwritten laws can justify them braking the actual laws we can see believing and acting. Most of these justify a need like a need to speed. These rules include such things as tailgating protocols (the rules what allow us to intimidate other drivers for personnel reasons). This is a small list.
This is a list of such rules as I compiled:
1. Two honks to tell a person what you think of their diving (as if 3 are too many and 1 is not enough).
2. On a three lane highway the right lane is the “slow lane”, the middle the “normal lane”, and the left lane is the “fast lane.”
3. On a highway the speed level increases 15 mph going from right to right so that the left lane is the speed limit and the far left is 30 mph faster.
4. It is alright to tailgate a slow driver to intimidate them to speed-up.
5. Flash your high-beams at other cars to indicate a cop hiding in a speed-trap.
This is a short list. If you know of any such “laws” please post then here. Include your city, state (providence), and country.
No; two honks mean Thank (honk) You (honk). What you think of another's driving is one, 10 second, blast, preferably on an air horn. No one else knows how to drive anyway, and there is never a need for a "well done" so only one signal is needed.
6. It's fine to hit the brakes, hard, when being tailgated. Particularly if you're driving a rattle trap.
Thank you, I forgot all about “testing” your brakes.
Absolutely they do, especially on wet or snowy roads.
7. It is ok to go from one lane to another without a signal as long as you do it slowly (as in from one lane to the other not slow as in speed).
by Several Ninjas7 years ago
1. 2. 3.
by Jack Lee8 months ago
In discussion here on hubpages, we hear some accuses religion people of being judgemental and more over accuses religious people of forcing their believes and policies on the American people through laws...That is not...
by Hammers138 years ago
Dear Seasoned HubbersUs keen 'Noobs' (newbie) Hubbers were wondering if we could hear from experienced Hubbers, about if there are any unwritten laws for Hub Pages?All strong & flourishing communities seem to have...
by turguman8 years ago
many people asked about islam & jihad so i brought some scripts about it to let people know that islam not only was forgiving but also put the basis of modern laws of war this is not every thing there is more &...
by Lily Rose6 years ago
Okay, you're driving on a freeway in a light rain with some traffic, but not too much. The speed limit is 70 mph and you're doing about 72 mph in the "fast" lane when you see a police car coming a bit fast...
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.