jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (17 posts)

Monday, April 22, 2013 is Earth Day.

1. paradigmsearch profile image84
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago
    1. damian0000 profile image68
      damian0000posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hi PS... it's a good question you ask.

I think that people maybe just have a little compassion-fatigue, there seems to be a 'day' for everything now.
      It's a little like over here, on the major sporting occasions there is often a minute's silence in memory of someone who has died or some tragic event which has occurred.

This is a great thing and I agree with it... at first everybody was moved by it, except that now they seem to have it every week. Don't want to sound callous but it does dilute the impact....

paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You're not kidding about the everyday thing... smile

http://www.timeanddate.com/calendar/cus … ol=8519551

1. damian0000 profile image68
          damian0000posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Wow!! --- it's only 4 days to Administrative Professionals' Day... I'll have to get the bunting out for that one!  :-)

I'm thinking of having a "red clock hanging on my wall day" or a "nice butterfly landing on a flower... isn't it sweet day" and asking my boss for some time off... you think he will go for it?

Try that one on October 16th. big_smile

2. Cantuhearmescream profile image83
      Cantuhearmescreamposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, I'll make sure not to throw my McDonald's garbage out of the car today. You know, make the day easier for those people picking up litter... I do my part too! Save the Earth! :-)

big_smile

Bored bump.

2. paradigmsearch profile image84

Just as I suspected... big_smile

1. Josak profile image60
      Josakposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Over a billion people participated in recent years so it seems some people do. Much as I care about the environment responsible care for it is something done everyday not just one so personaly not particularly.

Yours truly actually picked up some litter yesterday. And I wasn't even aware yet that Earth Day was just around the corner. smile

3. janshares profile image90
    jansharesposted 4 years ago

I will attend a huge interfaith action meeting advocating for storm water jobs/green jobs in Washington, DC. About one thousand of us representing all denominations will rally to hold our elected officials accountable to providing  funds for jobs that promote a Green City.

I hadn't realized until now you lived in DC. Tell them paradigmsearch says Hi. big_smile

1. janshares profile image90
        jansharesposted 4 years ago in reply to this

smile

4. Hollie Thomas profile image60
    Hollie Thomasposted 4 years ago

I'm a Green, my whole life revolves around protecting the planet and earth's resources.

5. Superkev profile image85
    Superkevposted 4 years ago

I don't care because I know what a farce and a fraud the whole Global Warming/AGW/Climate Change/Green Jobs lobby is.

Solyndra anyone? Fisker? Current TV???? Carbon Credits Exchange?????LOL

All out of business. Still waiting for an Algae filling station to open up near me though, hope springs enternal LOL.

6. paradigmsearch profile image84

All sorts of things happen when you click the Google thingy. Happy Earth Day.

7. paradigmsearch profile image84

One would think there would be more...

working