Americans have no pizzazz anymore. Maybe we never had pizzazz, but I like to think we did. :
Look at the cars we drive these days. After bike riding and surveying the school parking lot next door I found two red cars and the rest were black,gray silver, white of gold (about 40 cars). There are a variety of nice cars, Porches, Mercedes, BMW's, Toyotas, Hondas and some other cars. There isn't much difference between the Mercedes and the Chrysler 300. The colors are mono chromatic.
We like people who like what we like, and don't like people who don't like what we like.
We can't stand it when people disagree with us.
We pretty much look alike.
Car companies used to have their distinct style. You could pick a Chevy from a Ford a mile away. When you saw a Mercedes you swooned its exotic look.
Saw folks driving around in a 1974 red Cadillac convertible recently. Now that caught the eye.
You got my attention. I would like to be the most boring man in the world with my light beer and my TV shows.
However it just don't work that way. You want some pizzaz come follow me around. I do Christian and Political debate that would make Martin Luther King jr. Proud. Over here we get run off by cops for bringing food and water to panhandlers. My boy and I got yelled at just yesterday for riding too fast down the sidewalk. Just last month I had 18 people stay over. I howl at the moon on a nightly basis and my youngest is getting the deal.
Sorry but my 2004 Corolla ain't got no hubcaps. But that baby scoots and I never drive with two hands. I lean to the inside like an easy low rider.
Now to get you over this loss of pizzaz blues you are invited to skate board with us tonight and frighten the neighbor kids. Thats alright - they need it.
Be well and smile friend
My F-150 is red. Maybe trucks are boring, but at my size, I don't have any choice. I don't fit in cars. Hopefully my red truck counts as "not boring."
Trucks are not boring TXSasquatch ! But I would like to see more step sides. It is nearly impossible to lash anything down without climbing into the truck bed.
You forgot "stupid." Boring and stupid. Which is exactly how I would describe 95% of American television (the other 5% being The Daily Show, The Colbert Report, and the precious few shows on archaeology the History channel still shows), American movies (the other 5% being the works of Guillermo del Toro, James Wan, and Martin Scorsese), and American culture (the other 5% being the period of the American Renaissance, during which we got Edgar Allan Poe, Nathaniel Hawthorne, and Herman Melville).
by andredownes68 6 years ago
People still don't realize that they won't ever be free of the shackles of Free Trade thatis still lurking around the corner.The recent Financial meltdown that we experienced and Stock market crash,Government bailouts and loans,etc,and so on..The same people are still buying the same products that...
by Alisha2010 8 years ago
If money were no object, what dream car would you cruise in? Personally, I like the Chrysler Crossfire! I know, I should dream bigger. But what is your dream car?Ridiculous answers appreciated.
Copyright © 2019 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|