What Happened To Flight 370?

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (28 posts)
  1. PhoenixV profile image64
    PhoenixVposted 10 years ago

What do you think happened to Malaysia flight 370?

1. profile image0
      Old Poolmanposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I have a feeling we will never know what happened.  There are many theories flying around but no real facts that I have seen.  I would be very surprised if they ever find the plane or any of the passengers again.

PhoenixVposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I can't believe a 320 million dollar Boeing 777 has just vanished. A Boeing 777  just vanishing gives me very little faith in Defense Depts.

1. profile image0
          Old Poolmanposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Perhaps that Boeing 777 will show up for sale on Craigslist on of these days?

PhoenixVposted 10 years agoin reply to this

On March 8, 2014, Freescale announced that twenty of its employees were passengers aboard Malaysia Airlines Flight 370. That plane, carrying the Freescale employees, is currently missing

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freescale_ … or#History

Edit: Freescale Semiconductor, Inc. is an American company that produces and designs embedded hardware, with 17 billion semiconductor chips in use around the world. The company focuses on the automotive, consumer, industrial and networking markets with its product portfolio including microprocessors, microcontrollers, digital signal processors, digital signal controllers, sensors, RF power ICs and power management ICs.

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
              rebekahELLEposted 10 years agoin reply to this

That is interesting in light of the most recent speculation by aviation experts that the plane was purposely diverted by someone with knowledge of how the plane worked.  Found this post on a google search.
              So we have the American IBM Technical Storage Executive for Malaysia, a man working in mass storage aggregation for the company implicated by the Snowden papers for providing their services to assist the National Security Agency in surveilling the Chinese.. And now these 20 Freescale Engineers whom work for a global leader in embedded processing solutions (embedded smart phone tech and defense contracting) with equal NSA ties (Project PROMIS), all together on a plane..And now disappeared..  Twelve of the US tech company employees are Malaysian, eight are Chinese.

We may never know.

2. Superkev profile image60
      Superkevposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I think if it had gone down in the ocean anywhere within the search grid based on fuel load and range, we would have found some evidence by now. There would be debris, bodies, fuel slick, something would have been spotted with as intense as this search has become.

This aircraft was stolen/hijacked and is being secreted away someplace probably in order for it to be used against some western target in the future. Of course this is just my opinion based on what the public has been told.

1. bloggerbarb61 profile image68
        bloggerbarb61posted 10 years agoin reply to this

The very first day it went missing, I told people on FB that i thought it was hijacked.  Each day we received more "info" which I would use to research and come up with my blog on FB.  I do not believe it has crashed.
             Back on 3.12.14, I stated in my FB Blog that I felt it had been hijacked by a terrorist group that was in support of Russia and Putin's take over of the Ukraine.  Because there 2/3's of the passengers were Chinese, I believe that it was because China wouldn't support Russia in the takeover.  Also, if it had been just a malfunction, we would have seen or heard from the passengers on the plane via cell phones, IPads, or laptops.  We heard from them during 911 and technology is so much more advanced than it was then.
            3.13.14- I did a more research and discovered that Kazakhstan is a Russian Ally as is Australia.  Since at that point, the FIFTH day, the plane was missing and no debris had been found, I really felt the plane was taken to Kazakhstan as there are several abandoned airfields up there.  What better place to hide a "technology smart" 777 for later use as the most destructive bomb ever seen.  If Al Qaeda is involved, it will have to be bigger than 911, because that is the way they do things.
              I'm sure it took more than just the pilot and co-pilot to handle all the details of the transponder, ACRS [which is located in the belly of the plane], as well as fly the plane and maintain control of the passengers.
             My fear is that the passengers, who were not involved,have not survived.  When the plane first changed course, we were told that the plane rose to 45000 ft, which would render the passengers unconscious giving the terrorists time to get organized.  I would be very happy if I was wrong.

1. profile image0
          Lybrahposted 10 years agoin reply to this

but wouldn't the terrorists themselves also be unconscious in a plane over 45,000 ft?

No, as there are portable oxygen tanks for the crew to use.  The ones that drop down from the ceiling for passengers only last a few minutes, but the tanks have a longer time.

2. oceansnsunsets profile image86
          oceansnsunsetsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I hope you are wrong too, but at some point we have to ask ourselves what would explain the facts as we know them.  I just don't know, but its too weird.  So many countries have poured their best efforts into looking for the tiniest piece of wreckage, an oil slick, or  body part, and none can be found?  My son was telling me the other day about drones that can take pictures of really cool things like birds, and all kinds of things from a birds eye view, etc.  He said he heard you can get them for a couple hundred dollars, and I don't know if that is true but the technology being there makes sense.  They can use it to look for bodies after catastrophes in hard to reach locations, etc.  I have to verify about their use as cameras, but it just made me think of this story too.

If several countries used their best technology, some of their money and man power to help, and all found not one iota of anything?  That is too strange.

Yes, drones are able to fly and take pictures of very small things, but I'm not sure their capability of such long flights over the ocean, unless of course they are sent from ships.  They probably would be useful if debris is found as they could get close enough to identify what it is.

Some realtors in California are using drones to sell real estate as they can fly around the neighborhood and area to show the surroundings.

3. profile image0

It crashed into the ocean and sank to the bottom.

1. wilderness profile image94
        wildernessposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Most likely, and in 10,000 pieces to boot.

1. Superkev profile image60

And even if it had done, there would still be debris or other evidence. No, this plane and it's passengers were taken someplace. My guess is it's someplace in Pakistan.

1. psycheskinner profile image82
            psycheskinnerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Given the area of ocean now in the pattern (as far as Australia), and the time having past--I can believe there could have been debris and it not found.  Frankly, I have no idea what happened to the plane and it seems I am not alone in that.

Could have, but to my mind not likely given the intensity of the search. I mean there are even people on the internet trying to find this thing.

No, by now, some piece of debris or a body would have been found. And given the fact that everyone now agrees it DID fly for some time after the transponder was shut down (5 to 7 hours, depending on who is talking).

They may not agree on the exact time frame, but they agree the aircraft continued flying. That points to a hijack/kidnapping together with no physical evidence being found 9 days (?) after the disappearance.

I'd lay 5 to 1 odds it's sitting someplace in Pakistan.

2. profile image0

It might have went down into the water whole--without any debris

That would be pretty much impossible.

1. psycheskinner profile image82
                  psycheskinnerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

What debris there might have been has had  time to drift or sink now, under the influence of a major storm system.

4. Mark Johann profile image61
      Mark Johannposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I think there was no flight of that number. Many high society people create propaganda like this. Just my opinion. Sorry. smile

2. pearlmacb profile image69
    pearlmacbposted 10 years ago

How did the engine monitoring system continue to put out data for four hours AFTER the transponder signal cut off?

I just viewed this comment via facebook:

"This is just another HOAX and you people are falling for it hook, line, and sinker!! What you should be looking at is what the Government is trying to steer you away from watching or paying attention too!!"

Interesting, I don`t know what to believe anymore sad

3. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 10 years ago

I just hope that one day we find out

4. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
    Kathryn L Hillposted 10 years ago

Its in China, of course.
    TWISI

1. grand old lady profile image84
      grand old ladyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

A modern Lost Horizon?

5. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 10 years ago

The ocean and landmass area now being searched is just... massive.  Finding anything would be almost a miracle.

On the positive side, Malaysia has turned over all "raw data" to the US.  Maybe we will have a better prospective as to what happened. 

One of the issues that is making it harder to find the plan and to have followed it was that Malaysia never bought the "tracking" package that went with the plan.  They said it was too expensive.  I'm not sure why Boeing hasn't been able to pull up that info though.  I'm not sure if I missed why they don't have it.  I did hear that Rolls Royce said they never tracked it either.

6. Foodeee profile image60
    Foodeeeposted 10 years ago

There are over 230 people who know exactly where this plane is. They aren't talking!

The United States has the ability to look down from satelites and photograph pretty much any area of the world. If they are doing this they would see a debris field if the plane crashed.

If the plane was hijacked to another country it would be very easy to land among other planes(in a plane salvage area)  and quickly be diverted to a hidden location. The possibilities are endless.

These possibilities are all speculation and really useless and a waste of time unless you are directly involved in finding these missing people.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)