Issues such as:
Abortion, Gay Marriage, Poverty, Racism/Prejudice, Welfare, Crime, Politics/Politicians/Lack of Bipartisanship, The public education system, etc.
1. Containment of foreign threats such as Iran and Russia
2. Illegal immigration and the negative impact on Americans
3. Government encroachment and curtailment of rights
How do you think these problems can be solved?
1. Sanctions and negotiations didn't work with Iran. SADLY, it's time for the last resort, military action. A nuclear Iran isn't an option. Serious sanctions need to be placed on Russia, sanctions that involve Europe and the rest of the world. Russia's economy is dependent on the rest of the world, specifically Europe. Because of this, sanctions are the best immediate answer. Military action should be a last resort. Nobody wants to start a war with Russia, but then again, we shouldn't allow Russia to bully other countries and force them to "join" a union. These kinds of annexations harken back to a more dangerous time for Europe and the rest of the world.
2. Enforce existing laws on immigration. Offer no amnesty. Allow green cards to those who will abide by our laws, and get serious about illegal aliens. Right now we not only allow illegal immigration; we encourage it. Government agencies don't enforce the law and often promote illegal immigration. California, for example, is now opening new facilities to process driver's license applications for illegal immigrants. This kind of garbage needs to end.
3. The Patriot Act needs serious revision; the government shouldn't be given the authority to spy on its own citizens to this extent. The IRS scandal needs a court subpoena for emails and other information so a serious investigation can take place. The investigation may or may not lead to somebody in Washington, but right now, the IRS is stonewalling. Our government needs to be accountable. We can't get straight answers from the NSA and the IRS; it's reminiscent of the cover up in Watergate. It wasn't right when it happened then, and it's not right now. The government works for the citizens, and we deserve better accountability.
1. Obama"care"- this fiasco in the making is going to be a total DISASTER. Obama"care" is going to NOTHING AT ALL but bankrupt this country. In addition to that, people are MANDATED to have Obama"care"-can YOU believe that? America is slowly losing her liberties as a country. President Obama is a total elitist who is against what this country stands for. I hope those who voted for this "man" realize that egregious errors of their ways.
2. President Obama has done nothing to alleviate the socioeconomic problems of this country. The socioeconomic situation is WORSE now under President Obama that it has been under any president except for President Carter.
3. President Obama is deciminating what is left of the middle class. It is his intention to create, institute, and build a welfare state. By the time President Obama is out of office, the USA will be known as the USSA! It's time for Americans to smarten up, see Obama for what he REALLY is and take steps to get this MISTAKE out of office! That is all I could think about for now........I have a bad flu now.
Raping the Earth of it's resources
Horrible education system
Horrible health care system
by Ronnie wrenchBiscuit3 years ago
I have seen a lot of posts made of late against the so-called illegal immigrants from south of the border. I have also heard a lot of smack about how we should be helping our "wonderful veterans" instead....
by Jack Lee4 weeks ago
It has been almost a year since he left office. Though he seems to stick around DC and make his comments occasionally about policies...The question I have for all is this - what is your opinion of this President in his...
by fishskinfreak20087 years ago
Web-site/URL: http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2010/02/20 … nContent.8With what? "pit bull", "gotcha", "you betcha" and "hockey mom"?
by Austinstar15 months ago
Explain how Trump's Wall will be different from the Berlin Wall or the Wall in Israel. How will it "keep us safe"?
by tobey1007 years ago
The Federal government has sued a sovereign state, Arizona, claiming its law and policy regarding illegal immigration usurps the authority of the Federal government and violates Federal Law and guidlines. At the...
by David Zephaniah3 years ago
I want to write an article about illegal immigration and its effect on this country. I love people in general and I’m a legal immigrant myself (I immigrated here 28 years ago). However because of our “human...
Copyright © 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.