Issues such as:
Abortion, Gay Marriage, Poverty, Racism/Prejudice, Welfare, Crime, Politics/Politicians/Lack of Bipartisanship, The public education system, etc.
1. Containment of foreign threats such as Iran and Russia
2. Illegal immigration and the negative impact on Americans
3. Government encroachment and curtailment of rights
How do you think these problems can be solved?
1. Sanctions and negotiations didn't work with Iran. SADLY, it's time for the last resort, military action. A nuclear Iran isn't an option. Serious sanctions need to be placed on Russia, sanctions that involve Europe and the rest of the world. Russia's economy is dependent on the rest of the world, specifically Europe. Because of this, sanctions are the best immediate answer. Military action should be a last resort. Nobody wants to start a war with Russia, but then again, we shouldn't allow Russia to bully other countries and force them to "join" a union. These kinds of annexations harken back to a more dangerous time for Europe and the rest of the world.
2. Enforce existing laws on immigration. Offer no amnesty. Allow green cards to those who will abide by our laws, and get serious about illegal aliens. Right now we not only allow illegal immigration; we encourage it. Government agencies don't enforce the law and often promote illegal immigration. California, for example, is now opening new facilities to process driver's license applications for illegal immigrants. This kind of garbage needs to end.
3. The Patriot Act needs serious revision; the government shouldn't be given the authority to spy on its own citizens to this extent. The IRS scandal needs a court subpoena for emails and other information so a serious investigation can take place. The investigation may or may not lead to somebody in Washington, but right now, the IRS is stonewalling. Our government needs to be accountable. We can't get straight answers from the NSA and the IRS; it's reminiscent of the cover up in Watergate. It wasn't right when it happened then, and it's not right now. The government works for the citizens, and we deserve better accountability.
1. Obama"care"- this fiasco in the making is going to be a total DISASTER. Obama"care" is going to NOTHING AT ALL but bankrupt this country. In addition to that, people are MANDATED to have Obama"care"-can YOU believe that? America is slowly losing her liberties as a country. President Obama is a total elitist who is against what this country stands for. I hope those who voted for this "man" realize that egregious errors of their ways.
2. President Obama has done nothing to alleviate the socioeconomic problems of this country. The socioeconomic situation is WORSE now under President Obama that it has been under any president except for President Carter.
3. President Obama is deciminating what is left of the middle class. It is his intention to create, institute, and build a welfare state. By the time President Obama is out of office, the USA will be known as the USSA! It's time for Americans to smarten up, see Obama for what he REALLY is and take steps to get this MISTAKE out of office! That is all I could think about for now........I have a bad flu now.
Raping the Earth of it's resources
Horrible education system
Horrible health care system
by Grace Marguerite Williams 4 years ago
Are YOU sick of the incessant illegal immigration to this country which was initiated bythe amnesty program under President Obama? Why? Why not? There is an influx of illegal immigration to America as a result of this amnesty program. These illlegal immigrants have no skills nor education.Because...
by fishskinfreak2008 8 years ago
Web-site/URL: http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2010/02/20 … nContent.8With what? "pit bull", "gotcha", "you betcha" and "hockey mom"?
by Shyron E Shenko 16 months ago
Do you know why there were sanctions placed on Russia and believe they should be lifted?
by Ronnie wrenchBiscuit 4 years ago
I have seen a lot of posts made of late against the so-called illegal immigrants from south of the border. I have also heard a lot of smack about how we should be helping our "wonderful veterans" instead. Really?Hear Ye! Hear Ye! I am one of those wonderful veterans. (1974-1981) I am a...
by Beth Perry 4 years ago
If you are a legal immigrant to the U.S. or have parents or grandparents that were legal...immigrants, how do you feel about President Obama's desire to "go it alone" without Congressional approval on immigration reform for the millions of undocumented people that came here illegally? As...
by Lela 2 years ago
Explain how Trump's Wall will be different from the Berlin Wall or the Wall in Israel. How will it "keep us safe"?
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|