What........IS, Part I

1. gmwilliams profile image87
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

http://usercontent1.hubimg.com/12202994.jpg
    What liberalism/progressivism IS..........and what liberalism/progressivism ISN'T in the United States of America?   Liberals & progressives aren't a monolithic group.  There are so many misconceptions as to what Liberals & Progressives are & what they believe.    What are YOUR thoughts as to what liberalism/progressivism IS/ISN'T?   Do YOU contend that Liberals &/or Progressive are viewed negatively or are THEY the impetus which makes American culture & society a better society than what it would be?

1. tsmog profile image82
      tsmogposted 2 years agoin reply to this

First, they are not necessarily the same. There are distinctions. Yes, some are a mix. Liberalism - liberty & equality, is a set of ideals based on the social contract. Progressivism seeks problem solving. Some progressives are center-right conservatives with a pragmatic view. They apply the progressive method while may be disjointed somewhat from liberal idealism. I may lean that direction. I have a pragmatic view with a background as a symbolic-interactionst as a sociological discipline.One may say my vote is sought since allegiance really is only declared with what is available on the form. Many will say I am wishy-washy too smile

1. gmwilliams profile image87
        gmwilliamsposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for responding!

working