jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

A Message To Bono .........

1. ahorseback profile image48
    ahorsebackposted 17 months ago

Bono, Why don't you take your "has been" celebrity status advice  and  stick it where the sun don't go . I get a little flustered when people with an elevated  media status like Bono  offer  foreign policy advice to America .        How the US. handles  foreign policy  ,  internal policy   is none of your business !    All one has to do is  look at is how these celebrities home countries have handled either  the  refugee problems , or look at their own  terrorist policies .   

I often wonder just what kind of elevated sense of ego -centric self grandiose personalities   makes one believe that they know more than the people who do these jobs ,  state department employees like , ambassadors , state dept. heads ,  diplomats ,  More than once we have watched  celebrities who  believe that they know more than someone  who's  actually far more practiced in diplomacy.   And usually they are self described , pseudo- liberals .

Bono ,do us all a favor  just  go home , no ones listening .

1. Live to Learn profile image82
      Live to Learnposted 17 months ago in reply to this

Sounds as if you were. smile

Don't know what he said. Don't care. I'm with you. An entertainer is just that. I am not entertained by their opinions on politics and have no interest in hearing them.

ahorsebackposted 17 months ago in reply to this

Its annoying when fame is so egocentric !

2. theraggededge profile image95
      theraggededgeposted 17 months ago in reply to this

I know... I agree. Bono's so up himself, it's unreal. I also hate it when Obama tells the British public that they should vote to remain in the EU. None of his business how I vote.

ahorsebackposted 17 months ago in reply to this

They are ! So full of themselves .

2. FatFreddysCat profile image91
    FatFreddysCatposted 17 months ago

Somehow I doubt Bono reads the HP forums.

1. colorfulone profile image88
      colorfuloneposted 17 months ago in reply to this

Bono may have been required to speak up. There are so many celebrities speaking out these days that definitely don't have some basic facts, or they would not be saying what they do. Some do have their facts right and speak truth. .

3. ahorseback profile image48
    ahorsebackposted 17 months ago

Another  bunch  ,Tim Robbins ,  Susan Sharenden  , Katy Perry and  just about every rapper there is  ,  rich upper class blowhard , celebrities  somehow grow a conscience  when they become  famous .   They come to all the political  gatherings  on private jets collecting their million dollar incomes and life styles tell us how they think we should act  with ours  and then get back on their jets  and fly to their next filming sight . 

What a selfish bunch of total  hypocrites !

working