Will America ever have a female president?

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (38 posts)
  1. lizzieBoo profile image61
    lizzieBooposted 12 years ago

I'm just curious what people think, and whether you think it would change the country and how?

1. Josak profile image60
      Josakposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yeah eventually, and nothing will change, women seem to be just as good as men, Argentine President is female just won her second term, doing very well got like 76 percent of the vote with the nearest opposition on 16%.

2. JamesPoppell profile image70
      JamesPoppellposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think America will have a female president. Men have done a good job screwing up the country and I am ready for something new. Women are just as competent (if not more) than men.

3. profile image0
      Onusonusposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm fine with it as long as it's not Hillary. Or any other lib for that matter. lol

4. bruzzbuzz profile image60
      bruzzbuzzposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I do think we will have a female President just as we now have a black President. Many people said that would never happen. I wonder which will come first, a female President or a Hispanic one.

5. tobusiness profile image80
      tobusinessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I don't see why not, after all some of the world's strongest leaders are, or were women, America is just as forward thinking as Israel, India, Australia, UK, Pakistan, Ireland, Germany etc... the man's world is changing, slowly, but it is changing.
      The question is, are more women prepare to do what it takes to get the top job?

2. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 12 years ago

Most likely it'lll happen. Lots of countries have or have had female leaders. It doesn't change the way things operate.

1. gregas profile image83
      gregasposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm sure we will as soon as a capable one is available. But then too, we really don't have a whole lot to choose from now omong the "men" we have running. My opinion, Greg

3. Dame Scribe profile image57
    Dame Scribeposted 12 years ago

I think she would face a lot of efforts to 'discredit' her actions and decisions tongue she'd have to start out as a 'sweetheart' of the people first like Princess Diana had won many over. js smile

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
      rebekahELLEposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I definitely think there will be a female president, but I don't necessarily think she would be the Princess Di type. I would look for more of a Hillary type woman (or Hillary herself!) intelligent, strong, decisive, hard working and compassionate

As far as changing how government works?  She might get more done in less time.

1. habee profile image92
        habeeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Women are generally better at multi-tasking!

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
          rebekahELLEposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If you want something done efficiently, ask a competent, busy woman. wink

4. kateperez profile image58
    kateperezposted 12 years ago

Change the country.  Good question.

Start with the children.  They are our future, and we should teach them simple things like critical thinking so they are able to think for themselves, and find out facts and question "authority".

I think that in addition, the hippie people had it right.... We are all one people.  We all bleed red and we all breathe through lungs, eat, drink, laugh and cry.  We are all humans and we should all be united. 

We can have different opinions, because we should have liberty.  But we should also respect that others also have opinions.  Discourse should be rational and respectful.

If I could change the country, I'd make it a place where everyone can prosper, rather than everyone being depleted.

I don't see why a female President is a terrible thing.  I don't want one with a screechy or whiny voice, either.  Someone who is strong, yet pseudo-feminine.  She should know and understand defense, and budgets.  She should consider things as a woman, but perform them as an American, and the representative.. REPRESENTATIVE of this country... Not her mother, not her ruler, not her leader, and not "without peer".

1. couturepopcafe profile image61
      couturepopcafeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The hippie people? lol Pseudo-feminine? I'm just wondering.

1. kateperez profile image58
        kateperezposted 12 years agoin reply to this

hippie people:  They learned that it is about more than tolerance, but absolute acceptance.  When people begin to see the equality in people's differences, a woman may become accepted as a President.

Pseudo-feminine:  Yeah, I can see how that is confusing.  I think that a woman has to be a woman, but she also has to have more than stereotypical "woman" ideas and thoughts.  Family values are important, as is good hygiene and proper eating habits.  But a woman needs to broaden her horizons if she has not already done so, to include military knowledge, corporate organizational structures, and, again stereotypical "male-dominant" fields of America.

That's the best I've got!  big_smile  I hope that helps explain what I meant.

kdp

5. Evan G Rogers profile image61
    Evan G Rogersposted 12 years ago

It's interesting to hear that women feel that a female president will validate them.

1. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Not me.
      I'd much rather see a strong decent man lead this Country any ol' day and any future day.   That would validate not just women, but all citizens.  Key words are "strong" and "decent".....

1. kateperez profile image58
        kateperezposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Brenda,

Could you clarify?   You said strong and decent man... but could you also accept a strong and decent woman?

Thanks!

1. profile image0

Sure I could.  I believe Michelle Bachmann would've been a great President. 
          My position is just that a man should be the leader of our Nation (or any Nation, for that matter);  men are naturally and socially more fitted for leadership.  I don't think there's a shortage of men at all in America, just apparently a shortage of strong decent-minded ones who are willing to actually lead America the way it should be led.  So if that good decent man doesn't step up to the plate, then a woman might as well do so.

6. aguasilver profile image70
    aguasilverposted 12 years ago

Yes, just as soon as the NWO/Illuminatii think it will serve their purpose, until then they will shuffle whatever man suits them into power. Finding a truly submissive woman to obey them will be more difficult, power hungry women are more difficult to control, whereas there will always be a jackass man who will sell their soul for supposed power.

1. profile image0

Hi aguasilver.  Do you really think that's who's got the political power, the illuminati?   I'm not disagreeing at all; just curious.  You could be sooo right.

2. Ralph Deeds profile image66
      Ralph Deedsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Who are the "NWO illuminati?"

I have no doubt that there will be a woman president of the U.S. before long.

We are lagging behind many other countries in having a woman head of state. Among other countries the following have or have already had women heads of state--Israel, UK, Argentina, Germany, Chile, Liberia, The Ukraine, the Philippines, Indonesia, Finland and New Zealand.

1. secularist10 profile image60
        secularist10posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Also Iceland. Which also has the world's first ever openly gay Prime Minister.

2. aguasilver profile image70
        aguasilverposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ralph, you must know who they are, but if you have any real doubt, start with the Rothschilds, Rockerfellers, and work down to the 'Black Nobility' Aristo's then move over to the rest of the gang.

Of course the really heavy NWO folk are never even named.

Time to flush the toilets out and clear the blockage.

No politician gets elected without NWO consent in the so called 'developed world' and if you believe differently, then you are living a dream.

1. Ralph Deeds profile image66

We're getting off topic here. I'd never heard of the "black nobility" so I looked it up on Wikipedia and didn't find anything worrisome.

"Famous members of Black Nobility families include Eugenio Pacelli, who later became Pope Pius XII. Black Nobility families (in this instance families whose ancestors included Popes) still in existence include notably the Colonna, Massimo, Orsini, Pallavicini, Borghese, Odescalchi, and Ludovisi. Major extinct papal families include the Savelli, Caetani, the Aldobrandini family and Conti.

"When Pope Paul VI abolished the Vatican City positions at court, as well as a number of privileges (licence plates and other perks), there was a fallout. In May 1977, some members of the Black Nobility, led by Princess Elvina Pallavicini, started courting traditional Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre...."

[Marcel Lefebre was excommunicated in 1988, and is no longer living.]

Of course I've heard of the Rockefellers. John D. was a capitalist oil man who founded Standard Oil, making one of the largest ever American fortunes. David Rockefeller, now well into his 80s was CEO (founder?) of Chase Manhattan Bank and active for many years in the Council on Foreign Relations. I don't agree with everything the Council does, but, again I see nothing resembling what you call a New World Order. It so happens one of my college roommates is a member of the Council on Foreign Relations, and I can assure you his beliefs don't resemble anything remotely like your fears of a NWO. Here's how Wikipedia characterizes the organization's mission:

Mission of the Council on Foreign Relations according to Wikipedia

"As stated on its website, the CFR's mission is to be "a resource for its members, government officials, business executives, journalists, educators and students, civic and religious leaders, and other interested citizens in order to help them better understand the world and the foreign policy choices facing the United States and other countries."

"The CFR aims to maintain a diverse membership, including special programs to promote interest and develop expertise in the next generation of foreign policy leaders. It convenes meetings at which government officials, global leaders and prominent members of the foreign policy community discuss major international issues. Its think tank, the David Rockefeller Studies Program, is composed of about fifty adjunct and full-time scholars, as well as ten in-resident recipients of year-long fellowships, who cover the major regions and significant issues shaping today's international agenda. These scholars contribute to the foreign policy debate by making recommendations to the presidential administration, testifying before Congress, serving as a resource to the diplomatic community, interacting with the media, authoring books, reports, articles, and op-eds on foreign policy issues.

"The council publishes Foreign Affairs, "the preeminent journal of international affairs and U.S. foreign policy." It also publishes Independent Task Forces which bring together experts with diverse backgrounds and expertise to work together to produce reports offering both findings and policy prescriptions on important foreign policy topics. To date, the CFR has sponsored more than fifty reports.[2]

"The CFR aims to provide up-to-date information and analysis about world events and U.S. foreign policy. In 2008, CFR.org's "Crisis Guide: Darfur" was awarded an Emmy Award by the Television Academy of Arts and Sciences, in the category of "New Approaches to News & Documentary Programming: Current News Coverage." In 2009, the Crisis Guide franchise won another Emmy for its "Crisis Guide: The Global Economy," in the category of business and financial reporting."

Nelson Rockefeller was a Republican governor of NY and unsuccessful candidate for President. Nothing sinister there. And Jay Rockefeller is a fairly liberal Democrat senator from West Virginia.

I'll leave it up to you to elucidate the sinister activities of the Rothchilds.

3. profile image0
        Onusonusposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ah, good point. All those countries suck.

1. Ralph Deeds profile image66

- - - ???

4. Evan G Rogers profile image61
        Evan G Rogersposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Which states are we lagging behind?... because that just sounds like more union garbage.

7. Friendlyword profile image60
    Friendlywordposted 12 years ago

Hilary Clinton could have been our first female President. And she might run again. It would be just another day at the office for her. It feels so right and normal and no big deal if and when it happened.  She's just the right person for the job.

8. secularist10 profile image60
    secularist10posted 12 years ago

It is inevitable that there will eventually be a female President. The question is when. There are plenty of qualified women that could theoretically be elected President in the coming years--Hillary Clinton (obviously), Nikki Haley (Governor of South Carolina), Kay Bailey Hutchison (Senator from Texas). And plenty more state senators, representatives and mayors that we haven't heard of. It's unfortunate that the immature dope Sarah Palin has become almost the ambassador of American political womanhood.

But truth be told, it would probably be much easier for a woman to win the Democratic nomination than the Republican one, for obvious reasons. And Michelle Bachmann's failure tells us that any woman who thinks she can get by with the Evangelicals as her base is kidding herself.

Would anything change? Doubtful. We have the first ever black President, and the country is the same as it always was.

1. ngureco profile image80
      ngurecoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Secularist10, I understand that guy is half white and half black.

And yes, Hillary Clinton could still make it as the first female president in US.

Yes technically he is mixed. But I think he still qualifies as black in a general sense.

9. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 12 years ago

I hope when we DO get a female POTUS the media doesn't just concentrate on her physical appearance: hair style, clothes, shoes, etc. In 2008, I got so tired of hearing about Hillary's pantsuits and about Palin's wardrobe.

You know, when a political man wears something unusual or eye catching, it is perfectly legitimate to talk about it. But men rarely do that. Women, on the other hand, wear a different outfit every single day. So it is a totally legitimate topic of conversation.

George Bush had the same hairstyle for 8 years, and still does. Hillary Clinton and Nancy Pelosi have changed their hairstyle at least once in the last few years that I can tell.

10. kateperez profile image58
    kateperezposted 12 years ago

Secularist 10.   

Thanks for your comments re:  Sarah Palin.  I agree a LOT with that.

She does not represent what women that I grew up knowing are like, at all.  And I don't mean the hunting and stuff... I mean the way that she keeps fading out and as soon as she feels that no one is talking about her, she sneaks back in.  I call her a political tease.

If we are going to have a woman in the White House, she has to be strong, and powerful, but also intelligent, and knowledgeable.    Not just a pretty face....

I like "political tease," lol. Very true.

11. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 12 years ago

I think someday there will be. smile

12. Charles James profile image67
    Charles Jamesposted 12 years ago

We had Mrs Thatcher because she was the only man among them.
    Thank God they broke the mould!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)