Shock News! - Donald Trump Says That Barack Obama Is American!

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (20 posts)
  1. Greensleeves Hubs profile image89
    Greensleeves Hubsposted 7 years ago

On 16th September Donald Trump finally came out of the closet and admitted the truth - Barack Obama was born in America. After years of insinuating otherwise, he has finally accepted - but without I gather, any kind of apology - that Obama is American.

Well, that's one myth hopefully out of the way. Will we learn next that Obama isn't a card-carrying Islamic communist?

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/09/15/polit … index.html

2. colorfulone profile image78
    colorfuloneposted 7 years ago

Some people will still believe Obama was born in Kenya, because he himself said he was born in Kenya as a senator.

Barack Obama Admits he was born in Kenya Speech
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQcd41RO25k

All of the books Obama supposedly wrote up until 2007 said in the books that he 'was born in Kenya'.   After that Obama said he was born in Hawaii. 

What difference, at this point does it make? 
    He will soon be out of office. 
    Obama may be a bigger liar than Hillary.   

Personally, I believe he was born in the USA.  That this was all a smoke screen to keep people from finding out who Obama's real father is.  Now, that's a story!  ... and, I believe Trump has found out about the real story.   But, the press won't cover that.

Everyone has been trolled by Obama and duped by the corporate controlled press.  Trump trolled the media by saying Obama was born in the US...it was brilliant! 

Some people may never 'get it'!   
    I doubt the public can handle the truth.

Greensleeves Hubsposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Oh colorfulone, first of all that video is a hoax. It's been proven to be so, and it should be obvious to anyone looking at it. The disjointed speech, the frequent cutaways, and the apparent lack of interest in the audience to what would be a sensationalist statement, are all giveaways. I believe it was originally posted by ObamaSnippets,com - a self-confessed humour site which publishes edited snippets from Obama speeches for fun. Here's the clearer version from their YouTube site. It's in two parts - watch it all:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJUxsFB … 69D3CB8C4A

You can also see joke videos of Obama singing and Obama drunk on their site!

As for what difference it makes, the number of pronouncements that Donald Trump has made in recent years which have been analysed by impartial organisations and shown to be at best unsubstantiated and at worst a downright lie, has been huge. (Hillary - despite her poor reputation - scores much better in these non-partisan assessments of honesty). This is just one example which Mr Trump now admits was totally unsubstantiated.

2. CatherineGiordano profile image79
      CatherineGiordanoposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Obama has never tried to hide who is father is. He wrote a whole book about it: "Dreams of My Father."

3. Live to Learn profile image58
    Live to Learnposted 7 years ago

It warms my heart how interested in America foreigners are. I wish I could return the favor but it would just feel weird.

The reason is that America is of such great importance in the world as a superpower, and so what happens there affects everyone - of whatever nationality. We all have a vested interest in the presidential campaign.

The current election campaign features two of the most controversial candidates in living memory, and we seem to be at a pivotal moment in American history with viewpoints rarely more polarised than at present. So I think interest is inevitable.

1. Live to Learn profile image58
        Live to Learnposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Well, although I consider Britain to be a major power whose influence is felt around the world I think your politics are your politics. Not my business. But, that's just me.

Ok, fair enough, but I have no problem with Americans expressing opinions about British politics. I believe in free speech, and I believe that someone from another nation may have a viewpoint from a different perspective about our affairs. That makes their views worth listening to.

2. Credence2 profile image78
        Credence2posted 7 years agoin reply to this

I understand, AMERICA and its global influence is not like that of other nations, you are right to be concerned about who we end up with as Commander and Chief, because you and much of the international community may very well be affected, even if indirectly.

Thanks Credence. War is always a possibility, and wars which involve America usually also involve Britain. That's just a statement of fact. And I think in view of differences on foreign policy, defence and immigration, everyone who's a member of a Nato nation, lives in the Middle East, or lives in a military (Russia) or economic (China) powerhouse, or has family in America, may have an interest in the result of the election. Plus anyone who's interested in the health of the planet's environment. Oh, and maybe a few Mexicans will also be interested! big_smile Cheers for your comment. Alun

3. colorfulone profile image78
        colorfuloneposted 7 years agoin reply to this

This is a truly accurate statement, as this thread has already shown. 

"we seem to be at a pivotal moment in American history with viewpoints rarely more polarized than at present"

I like that, alot.

Thanks smile

4. profile image50
    Raymond Wilsonposted 7 years ago

Myself I'm from norh Saharan of African countries Tanzania which can I talk is to say the any situatiation of either politically militarism socially or economically the world become affected by any means especially African countries

5. MizBejabbers profile image89
    MizBejabbersposted 7 years ago

Well, Alun, perhaps you've already observed that Donald Trump can flip-flop around like a catfish out of water and still be believed by his staunch followers, while if Hillary Clinton changes a "jot or tittle" of something she has said, "she is a liar." While I think Trump has lied to the point his followers will believe and forgive anything he's said, I have only two problems with Hillary: I think her immigration policy is liberal to the point of being dangerous, and she apologizes too much for situations of years gone by. I think she would have more respect if she held her ground on some of the beliefs she has publicly held in her years of service and said something to the effect that "the world changes and situations change which require new policies. That was what was needed then, and this is what is needed now." And hold firm to that statement. She should also hold her ground on things she says during her campaign (for instance the "deplorables" statement. We know what she meant.) because that's exactly what Trump does.

I don't believe that Trump's latest flip-flop will hurt him in the least in the USA. Yes, a certain segment of our population will not let facts get in the way of their belief systems.

1. profile image0
      PrettyPantherposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Agree with pretty much everything in this post.  I said from the beginning I agree with her "basket of deplorables" assessment and I wish she would just stick to it.  Recent surveys find that about half of his supporters think black people are more lazy and less intelligent than whites.  Isn't that deplorable?  Her statement is spot on, as far as I am concerned.

Agreed also. The 'basket of deplorables' comment does have justification by the evidence of all opinion polls on such issues as racism, xenophobia, sexism etc etc, though perhaps 'half' is an exaggeration. But I do worry - it's human nature that some moderate conservatives currently inclined to vote for Donald Trump on social issues, will feel that they are being wrongly bracketed with the deplorables, and may take offence at that.

I think Hillary Clinton just needs to be a bit careful and not antagonise waverers. She just needs to retain her own support and wait for more and more moderate Republican voters to lose all respect for Mr Trump's pronouncements and to edge over to her side.

Speaking of which, it's rumoured that even George Bush Senior is now considering voting Democrat. I've taken to being sceptical about such stories, but is that credible? If so, kudos to him.

1. profile image0
          PrettyPantherposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Yes, my husband mentioned that to me yesterday.  He said "the Bushes" came out for Clinton, so I don't know exactly which Bushes.

As for the "basket of deplorables" comment you might be right about being careful not to alienate those who are wavering away from Donald.  However, I think Clinton rarely says something she hasn't thought about long and hard, especially something like that statement.  She is not an "off the cuff" speaker.  That comment was not likely a "gaffe."  I think she intentionally said it to get the media looking at the numbers and trying to define Trump supporters to see if they fit in the assessment of "deplorable."  Unfortunately, for Trump, it is true that about half have deplorable views of one kind or another (blacks are lazy, Muslims should be banned, Mexicans are criminals, etc.)  Certain people dislike Hillary, but are extremely uncomfortable being associated with Trump supporters.  I think she was trying to ask them, do you really want to be in that basket?

2. Greensleeves Hubs profile image89

Agreed, on all counts, including what you say about Hillary being too lenient on immigration and on defending past policy decisions.

Except to point out that winning this election is all important, and therefore Hillary Clinton must be careful. On the face of it Mr Trump really shouldn't have a snowball's chance in Hell, given the vacuousness of his thoughts, the baselessness of his pronouncements and the extreme confrontational divisiveness of his 'policies'. And yet the reputation of Hillary Clinton (deserved or not) as untrustworthy and deceitful, is already making it a closer race than it should be.

All she really should need to do is to be statesmanlike, authoritative, and not indulge in too much mud slinging. And antagonising many Trump supporters may not be wise, even if it is justified. She just needs to retain the support she already has and wait for Trump to open his mouth - because when Trump opens his mouth, a foot usually goes into it smile

1. MizBejabbers profile image89
        MizBejabbersposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Agreed, she is letting him rattle her too much. His followers never notice where he places his foot, only hers. I just hope the independents do (notice HIS foot). What was it that the former governor of Texas, Ann Richards, said about George W. Bush:  "He was born with a silver foot in his mouth." Could be true here.

6. Sgt Prepper profile image60
    Sgt Prepperposted 7 years ago

On page 26 of that book Obama claimed he found his "birth certificate".  Whatever happened to THAT Birth Certificate? I guess BHO must have "accidently" shredded it in his law office.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)