Death of John Glenn, today, last survivor of Mercury 7

1. Credence2 profile image87
    Credence2posted 9 months ago

A passing of particular note, that of john Glenn, who in my eyes was synonymous with the daring do days of our Space Program. I had a bug for this stuff and followed nASA's progress from the later Mercury missions through the shuttle launches.

Go see 'The Right Stuff', there is Glenn magnificently portrayed. A space pioneer from the Mercury
    .program through his trip on the shuttle for a 'geriatric study' at 77 years. It was great to live in those times when the sky was the limit and President Kennedy said in 1961 that we were going to land a man on the moon before the decade was out. And, we knew that we're going to do it.

And, today, all we can do is bicker among ourselves...

A true adventurer, explorer and public servant, he will be missed. Your thoughts?

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 9 months ago in reply to this

John Glenn was one of the greats, IMO.  His life shows more accomplishments than 100 "normal" people.  Just watched some clips of him on the news; he was an impressive leader; would that we had more like him.

2. colorfulone profile image88
      colorfuloneposted 9 months ago in reply to this

John Glenn is remembered by me as a brave explorer.  He made life much more exciting.  May he always be honored in history, and at the finest space museum.   R.I.P.

http://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13313220.jpg

working