WHY do 74% of Americans Want Obamacare in some form?

1. My Esoteric profile image91
    My Esotericposted 13 months ago

It has Always been the case that less than 40% of those polled thought ACA was a terrible idea and should be repealed.  Today it is down to 26%.

The press and conservative commentary misstated the poll results in all but two cases that I could find; sometimes they corrected their own headline by revealing the details in the body of the story.  But the FACT is, the the so-called "unfavorable" number actually contains two parts, but reported as one number.  Part 1 is those (conservatives) who really think ACA is a horrible idea and therefore have an unfavorable opinion of the law.  Part 2, about the same size as I recall, are those (liberals mostly) who think the law should have been single-payer or didn't go far enough and ALSO had an unfavorable view.

As a result, the headlines always left the Truth hidden.

Today, a Kaiser poll http://money.cnn.com/2016/12/11/news/co … index.html reports the true numbers, the ones that have always been the case:

- 26% of Americans hate Obamacare
    - 19% like Obamacare as is
    - 17% think Obamacare should be scaled back somewhat
    - (b) 30% think Obamacare should be Expanded!! (/b)

Why has the Right been so Wrong?

1. Credence2 profile image82
      Credence2posted 13 months agoin reply to this

Since when has the 'Right' ever been right?

2. Live to Learn profile image79
      Live to Learnposted 13 months agoin reply to this

Why has the right been so wrong? It appears to me that the left is also.

What we have is a country who feels that medical costs should not beggar a family. We have a country who feels that the government should take an active role in solving that problem. What we have is a government which hasn't been able to find a way to effectively do it.

That's how I read those poll results.

working