jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

To Trump Administration-Global Dissent Day 1-Women's March on D.C.

1. Credence2 profile image82
    Credence2posted 10 months ago

This phenomenon is in your small town and across the planet. If Mars has women, they are marching too. Disparate locations like Ghana, Costa Rica, and even Mc Murdo Sound, Antarctica. The ladies and their male allies are doing their bit and sending a unified message to one man in a way and on a scale that I have not seen in my lifetime.

The weight of such public opinion will put Trump in a half-Nelson. And so many are not just going home to do nothing when the March is completed.

Again,  (it begins), so he is  again reminded to watch his caboose.

Most interesting reports, check out this link, if you please.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/21/politics/ … ion-sizes/

2. Aime F profile image85
    Aime Fposted 10 months ago

Reading about this, watching the videos, and seeing the pictures today made me so happy.

I spent the day just taking it all in, it felt like history was being made.  A good kind of history.  I'll go to sleep feeling very hopeful tonight.

I'm proud of every single person who showed up, they were peaceful protests with a sense of unity that reached those of us watching from home who couldn't make it to one of the marches. 

It was nice to feel proud of humanity for the first time in a while. smile

3. wilderness profile image99
    wildernessposted 10 months ago

My daughter in law, after asking several people and watching a video on the march, asked me what they were marching for.  After considerable thought, the only answer I could give was "I don't know".  And I don't.

After heariing about it, after seeing it on TV, after seeing multiple references, pictures and videos on various web sites I still haven't the foggiest what the march is about or what the marchers or organizers hope to accomplish or gain from it.  Is it, as the OP mentions, designed solely to frighten the President somehow?

(Not sure just how peaceful it was though - I heard reports of some pretty nasty responses to women that showed up with signs opposing abortion.  Ripping and destroying the signs, threatening those women and refusing to allow them in the march.)

4. Aime F profile image85
    Aime Fposted 10 months ago

https://www.womensmarch.com/mission/

Literally the first page that pops up if you type "women's march" into Google smile

1. Credence2 profile image82
      Credence2posted 10 months agoin reply to this

Get ready for a virtual trip around the world showcasing the depth and breath of the marches

Thought that you might be interested and even find your home town represented in the photos.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/201 … pe=article

5. GNelson profile image79
    GNelsonposted 10 months ago

If this continues we may actually benefit from Trump after he is gone.

6. ahorseback profile image81
    ahorsebackposted 10 months ago

Madonna , ------" I have though often about blowing up the white house "------ Great ........congratulations  women marchers !
    I always knew Michael Moore was a woman .

working