jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

hypocritical Huntington Beach Violence = individual responsibility

1. ptosis profile image76
    ptosisposted 6 months ago

Violence erupted at a Make America Great Again rally at Bolsa Chica State Beach in Huntington Beach on Saturday.

A counter-protester who was wearing a black mask, pepper-sprayed a woman and one of the organizers of the event after being hit, apparently sparking the violence.

At one point counter-protestors surrounded one of the leaders and asked him about his thoughts on the violent clashes.

OK it appears in the video that the masked counter-protester who pepper sprayed a non-violent walker in the march sparked the wider violence.

It also appeared that the leader/organizer did tell the Trumpeteer with the big flag to not use the Trump Flag as a weapon on the Masked Individual.

It seemed to me that the anti Trumpers were trying to 'stop' the March - seems to me that certain people feel that they can stop buses, trains and cars on the street during a protest but won't allow those with different opinions to free speech and assembly and that to me is hypocritical.

Looking at the March from the helicopter view it appeared to be the road closest to the beach.

My question to you all is this  - did the March have a permit for a parade? And if not  - would those who wanted to criminalize the DAPL traffic block feel the same way for this parade if done without a permit?

I'm asking because  if illegal in one case where you do not agree with the protesters - would you seek punishments of a March / Parade that blocked traffic where you do agree with the participators?

I'm on this because Freedom of Speech and Assembly should be for All The People - and not just the ones whose opinions you happen to agree with at the time. 

http://www.azquotes.com/picture-quotes/quote-the-hallmark-of-a-free-society-is-that-i-may-totally-disapprove-of-what-you-say-but-voltaire-131-79-53.jpg

2. colorfulone profile image89
    colorfuloneposted 6 months ago

Kevin Pearsall said the Make America Great Again group had a permit.

1. ptosis profile image76
      ptosisposted 6 months ago in reply to this

The march was moved to the state beach from its original planned location near the OC Fair and Event Center in Costa Mesa, after officials there announced the closure of the fair property during the weekend of the event. - State Parks Capt. Kevin Pearsall said the Make America Great Again group has a permit for the walk. When the move was announced he said he thought the contained area of the beach would help provide safety and security

So yes they DID have a permit -

Thanks for the info, I had to google who Pearsall was.

End of thread - boy that was quick! smile

3. ahorseback profile image46
    ahorsebackposted 6 months ago

The biggest issue I see with this Is that conservative  marchers are held to different standards by the police authorities AND  are more responsible about their  political gatherings . Always have been .The left would be in deep water if and or when the other side starts fighting back in America .

4. ptosis profile image76
    ptosisposted 6 months ago

one somebody says  'always' or 'never' - it's probably an opinion and not a fact. (bs)

working