jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (11 posts)

Why are Democrats behaving like the mafia?

1. jackclee lm profile image71
    jackclee lmposted 4 weeks ago

In a representative democracy, the people vote for Congress members and they legislate laws...
    Every two and four years, the people get to vote for change...
    Yet, here is what really happens...
    When Democrats win election majority, they pass legislation like ACA which were unpopular...
    Now that republicans won the majority, they can't get anything done. The people be damned. The democrats vow to shut down the government if they don't get their way...
    Isn't that what the mafia does?

1. Castlepaloma profile image25
      Castlepalomaposted 4 weeks ago in reply to this

Have you considered that the real owners of this country owns the Federal Government both right and left,  plus the vast majority of us.

Politican give the delusions of freedom, we don't. The are plenty of other countries that have greater freedom than the US. Then there are parts of the world who have very little or none.

jackclee lmposted 4 weeks ago in reply to this

I not only considered it, I wrote about it for a long time. The division between the two parties are an illusion. They make a good show at election time but once in power, they do the bidding of the donors and screw the voters.

I agree

2. IslandBites profile image86
      IslandBitesposted 4 weeks ago in reply to this

"President Trump promised to shut down the government if no wall"

http://www.naturalblaze.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/hypocrisy-vaccines.jpg

1. Credence2 profile image86
        Credence2posted 4 weeks ago in reply to this

The GOP has my 'bullshyte' detector alerting on steroids. Did not Trump say that this wall is supposed to be paid for by Mexico, what happened to that?

3. Credence2 profile image86
      Credence2posted 4 weeks ago in reply to this

There is something missing, Jack, the Democrats may threaten shutdown, but the GOP has not only threatened but have done it during Obama's term and during Clinton's. When have the Democrats ever gone beyond the threat?

So when it comes to this kind of stuff, the Democrats are mere amateurs relative to the GOP.

It is not the fault of the Democrats if your people and party can't get their act together.

jackclee lmposted 4 weeks ago in reply to this

Credence, did you forget in 2013, President Obama shut the government down over budget fight..
        Go look it up...

True.

2. Castlepaloma profile image25
    Castlepalomaposted 4 weeks ago

Don't want to bust the BS Detector. He has no real good plan to build a wall, it's a bluff for most part. Look how it's working, immigration has drop off a great deal and trade deals are dropping off too.

When someone esle like who wrote the Art of the Deal. Writes :The Bluff of the Deal: we can read all about it.

3. Credence2 profile image86
    Credence2posted 4 weeks ago

Sorry gents, the BS detector is sounding the alarm. I was around through all this. I had to remind myself that whenever skullduggery is a foot  you can bet that the right winger Is behind it.

This Guardian article reminded me why, as usual, the GOP was to blame, and I concur, totally.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr … ican-party

It was absurd to think that the President was going to sign a bill defunding a program, Obamacare, that he had more than a passing involvement with.  It was passed in Congress and received the blessing of the courts. They the (GOP infected part of  congress) just could not sign a "clean" bill. Review the account and refamiliarize yourselves, if you please.

working