jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

Did Andy Kaufman Fake His Death?

1. InspiradoProjecto profile image80
    InspiradoProjectoposted 2 weeks ago

"Jim & Andy: The Great Beyond" documentary is out, and getting people investigating Andy Kaufman faking his death again. What are your thoughts? Is Stephen Maddox the son of Andy Kaufman? How close is Bob Zmuda's book, to the way in which Andy Kaufman pulled off the greatest illusion? Who is behind Puzzlementary Productions and will Andy Kaufman reveal himself during the Kaufman Carnival ARG?

There are so many questions!
    It it is song that never ends.

1. PrettyPanther profile image83
      PrettyPantherposted 2 weeks agoin reply to this

Hello, I don't know anything at all about this topic, but i thought I'd respond to keep your thread going.  Maybe someone else has some thoughts.  It's nice to see a new topic by someone who doesn't post regularly.

I enjoyed Andy Kaufman.  He was strange, lovable, and disturbing, all at the same time.

InspiradoProjectoposted 2 weeks agoin reply to this

Thank you for replying! What are some of your earliest memories of seeing Kaufman on tv, or being interested in his unique artform?

1. PrettyPanther profile image83
          PrettyPantherposted 2 weeks agoin reply to this

i think the first time I saw him he was on Johnny Carson's show.  I used to stay up late to watch Johnny almost every night.  He did Elvis, and the absurdity of the nerdy Eastern European (?) character  morphing into Elvis was brilliant!  I also remember him from Taxi, but it was his standup comedy that was so unique.

InspiradoProjectoposted 2 weeks agoin reply to this

That's fantastic! Did you happen to see his SNL appearances as well?
            Did you catch "Man On the Moon"?

working