Did California violate our Constitution by granting illegals to vote?

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (38 posts)
  1. jackclee lm profile image80
    jackclee lmposted 6 years ago

This is on of those things that boggles the mind.
    Why would elected officials, who swear under oath to defend our Constitution,
    Do this in clear violation of that document.
    Only US citizens are allowed to vote in our elections!!!

jackclee lmposted 6 years agoin reply to this
    2. profile image0
      promisemposted 6 years agoin reply to this

The same website claims that soy is turning our children into homosexuals.

http://www.wnd.com/2006/12/39253/

So what’s your point?
        If NYT can publish a fake story, do you throw out everything else that appear in its paper?
        What peope think that way?
        You are so predictable.
        Just pointing out the obvious my friend...

1. profile image0

Prove to me the New York Times publishes fake stories. Then prove to me why they don't get sued for libel for publishing fakes.

The predictability is all yours.

3. Readmikenow profile image93
      Readmikenowposted 6 years agoin reply to this

How about using the Los Angeles Times as a source for information? 

Even though this license looks different and has specific limitations, Von Spakovsky said, it "makes it easier for them to use this government-issued ID for many illegal purposes, such as applying for government benefits or registering to vote."

http://beta.latimes.com/local/lanow/la- … story.html

1. psycheskinner profile image82
        psycheskinnerposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Not to let the facts get in the way, but illegals are allowed to vote in some local elections, so those voting roll, they may be on--entirely legally.

But not Federal elections.  That's illegal.  If you actually are an immigrant, you learn these things very quickly, but some citizens don't seem to have the faintest idea how their own democracy functions.

Yes, but does our officials know to check the ids? Or know the difference?
          It seems these agencies can’t do enough to recruit more dependents under the Obama years.
          How do you explained the explosion of SNAP receipients and also disability claims...
          and welfare payments?

The American taxpayers are left holding the bag.
          Is it wonder California voted for Hillary by millions of more votes?
          It didn’t change the electoral votes.
          They could vote 100% democratic and it would still not change the outcome.
          It goes to show the genius of our founders...

Ever since these things were printed on paper it has been a matter of checking the ID against the roll and checking only one vote is recorded for that listing, originally by just drawing a line through the name and now by clicking a radio button.  So yes, it is a matter of record who is on each states roll and how many people on the roll vote.  Internally they know exactly who did vote and who didn't.

In the US system where you can only use one polling station this can easily be done and there are no indications that there are major malfunctions.  But if people think there might be they get the courts to run an audit.  That's how we know off-roll votes are not being registered, because these audits have not found them.  People who are off roll simply cannot record a vote, the system will not allow it, without going to through quite an extensive process with multiple forms of ID and lodging an official form to get on-roll.

Are you saying an illegal alien, who lives in a house or apartment, and have a valid drivers license, cannot register to vote? If he choose to.
              What is to prevent him from doing so?
              He can register, and according to the article, in some states, it is automatic when you renew your drivers registration...
              Now that he is registered, he shows up at the poll station where the ballots and directions are in multiple languages including English and Spanish...
              He votes in our election, local or national, who is to stop him or challenge him?
              No one is asking for id or proof of citizenship as far as I know...it is probably illegal to even ask...

I am not saying it is happening in a large scale but, be honest, what will stop this activity?
              There are plenty of things that are illegal and yet people do it anyway.
              Our politicians seems to go out of their way to make this easy and possible and look the other way by not asking or passing voter IDs laws.
              Am I crazy? Or what?

2. profile image0

Mike, I sincerely thank you for using a source of information that goes through an elaborate fact-checking process and doesn't hide its ownership.

1. Readmikenow profile image93

Promisen, how about personal experience?  I lived in California for eight years. People had to vote in a person's house.  I saw people proclaim they were illegal being given ballots to vote.  I asked why and heard "Oh, what's the big deal." So, yeah, I saw it myself.  People taking stacks of absentee ballots and filling them out in their car and more, yeah, saw everything..

1. profile image0
            PrettyPantherposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Did you report it? Those are serious violations of election law.

1. Readmikenow profile image93

Many people reported it.  Nothing happened. Whenever a person asked the California elections office about the investigation into it, they were told it's not complete and we will tell you when it is done.  Never heard anything and by the time the next election came around, most people forgot about it.  Sad but true. So...did those votes influence elections?  We'll never know.

1. profile image0

So, just to be clear. Did you personally report the incidents you saw?

1. profile image0

Readmikenow, I am wondering if you personally reported the election law violations you witnessed?

"I saw people proclaim they were illegal being given ballots to vote.  I asked why and heard "Oh, what's the big deal." So, yeah, I saw it myself.  People taking stacks of absentee ballots and filling them out in their car and more, yeah, saw everything.."

1. Randy Godwin profile image61
                    Randy Godwinposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Crickets....

2. Readmikenow profile image93

Yes, and the details isn't something to discuss on a public forum.  It got involved.

2. profile image0
    PrettyPantherposted 6 years ago

This has been debunked many times over. You really ought to stop frequenting websites that peddle lies.

This is not rocket science. Either you can vote in Ca with a drivers license id or not? Which is it?
      If so, if you give aliens a drivers liscense, then you are giving that person permission to vote. Whether he choose to act on it is another story.
      Why do these judges think they can subvert our Constitution?

Every other nation including some in the 3rd world have some form of voter ID system, including the purple finger...why is it so hard for you to understand election have consequences?

It is indeed not rocket science.  You can use a drivers license to prove you are a person on the voting role.  But you cannot use a driver's license to be added to the voting roll.

Illegals did not vote.  Even I as a legal immigrant would be committing a Federal crime if I tried to vote.  i would be detected and probably deported.

That is a myth. No one has been prosecuted for voting illegally. The reason the politicians never wanted a voter id law in place is because they want the maximum number of people voting whether they are legal or not.
          It would be so easy to put in a voted id law.
          Problem solved.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigr … rs-n789766

Right, never.

Your idea of what is true or not true is interesting.

2. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I'm not so sure.  From Snopes:

"“… Automated voter registration is actually a more secure way of doing things,” California Secretary of State Alex Padilla told HuffPost in September. Potential voters “have to demonstrate proof of age, the vast majority of time people are showing a birth certificate or a passport, which also reflects citizenship. That’s arguably more secure than someone checking a box under penalty of perjury,” Padilla said."

Illegals very seldom have a birth certificate and never a passport.  How, then, do they get that DL?  (The DL is all that's needed to be registered to vote and the DMV will automatically send the information to voter registration unless told not to.)  What are they producing as proof of age that doesn't also indicate citizenship?

1. profile image0

I have no idea. A document from their country of origin? What difference does it make? If it doesn't indicate U.S. citizenship, then the applicant will not be registered to vote.

1. wilderness profile image95

They can if they can get that DL, according to the instructions on how to get a voter registration.  So how do they get that DL?  What do they show if not a birth certificate or passport?

Snopes gives the impression it won't work...without ever coming out and saying so.  Troubling.

2. gregas profile image82
        gregasposted 6 years agoin reply to this

In Calif. the driver's license has your age on it. All you have to do is show your DL to vote. Don't give me that crap that you have to show a birth certificate..

1. profile image0

But showing your ID does no good unless you are registered to vote. You cannot be registered to vote if you are not a U.S. citizen. The driver's licenses issued to  non citizens are designated as such.

Can you show an example of this? I looked on the net for sample California driver liscenses and there is no such designation about citizenship.

Got it.

The front says "driving privileges only"

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view … ajaxhist=0

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view … ajaxhist=0

https://www.dmv.org/ca-california/ab-60 … icense.php

And that answers my question, too.  It cannot be used for identification, voter or otherwise.  Pretty sure PP is right on this one.  (Can't be putting "illegal alien" on a DL, now can we!?)

1. profile image0

Thank you for saving me the time. ;-)

Always glad to be of service! big_smile

On a side note I see that an illegal must sign an affidavit saying they have no right to be here in order to get that license.  But after making the statement, the license cannot be used to determine immigration status or citizenship. 

PT Barnum is alive and well in California - there is no other explanation for this idiocy.

It is not idoitcy. I understand why they issue driver license to illegals. They want them to buy auto insurance so we don’t have illegals driving without insurance causing more headaches...
                    I support giving all illegals a valid status. That is why I support a guest workers program.

3. Live to Learn profile image60
    Live to Learnposted 6 years ago

There has been voter fraud as long as there has been voting. Anyone who thinks every breathing individual will not be used to a party's advantage (repeatedly, if possible) is naive. With California's stand on illegals, it isn't a stretch to assume this happens.

This is one reason I support limited federal government. Because, it limits the cost to those in other states of this.  If states were limited to their own funds to support illegals they welcome in, they might look differently on the issue.

But,only closely monitored federal censuses should determine representation in the House. And those figures should determine the number of votes cast for President. By, county. So, rural California has a voice from California.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)