jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you like politicians?why?

1. gusripper profile image36
    gusripperposted 8 years ago

Do you like politicians?why?

2. Pete Maida profile image61
    Pete Maidaposted 8 years ago

I don't know if I like politians.  I think in general you have to have a certain amount of ego and self image to be a politician.  I don't think there as evil as people make them out to be but they have power and power currupts.  That is a human trait.  I don't know anyone who not be happy to take a warning instead of a ticket because the police officer was your neighbor.  They can do things for people so people will kiss up to them and tempt them with all sorts of things.

3. JC Grif profile image58
    JC Grifposted 8 years ago

I have absolutely no use for any of them. They lie, cheat and steal for their own personal adgendas. It is incredibly ignorant to think we are being represented by the people we vote into office. The frustrating part about our political environment is we are too busy to take the time to find out where a canidate stands on the issues that may be important. I can't keep track of the amount of mindless sheep who voted for Obama and not having a clue about what this man actually stands for. If you hated George Bush, this clown should scare the hell out of you.

4. expectus profile image89
    expectusposted 8 years ago

The only thing i like about politicians is there ability to dodge questions. You get a politician and a hard hitting interviewer in a room and its an extreme game of cat and mouse:P to see who slips up or who explodes first. It can be very amusing if your in the right mood otherwise you wonder why your watching it in the first place.

5. comp3820 profile image66
    comp3820posted 8 years ago

I second the "mindless sheep" comment by JC Grif. Any Presidential contender is so stuck in  PR rut that none of what he is really like seems to come out. It's a hard game for real voters to decide what they are really like, and then the "mindless sheep" override any well-thought out votes.
    As far as polticians go, I'm sure some had good intentions for thier first year, but the climate in Washington is not very unlike a high school: a goody-two-shoes is going to get a swirly.