jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What is the real reason for Obama wanting to talk to kids?

1. SheriSapp profile image61
    SheriSappposted 8 years ago

What is the real reason for Obama wanting to talk to kids?

2. glorena profile image61
    glorenaposted 8 years ago

I believe he wants to stress education and its importance. So many children are leaving school even after graduation without a valid diploma. I believe he is trying to set an example that any child can become whatever they strive to be.

3. EdG. profile image60
    EdG.posted 8 years ago

Get em while they're young, classic political/religious strategy, that and looking like you give a shit about the kids is great PR.

4. Mr. Happy profile image83
    Mr. Happyposted 8 years ago

Someone has to brainwash them ... will it be Obama, the local church or will it be Nintendo?
    Education is what kids need ... give them that and they will be able to see the world clearer.

5. Ralph Deeds profile image61
    Ralph Deedsposted 8 years ago

Ms. Sapp, what do you think the "real" reason is? Don't you think it will be easier to discern his intent after rather than before his remarks become public?

6. SheriSapp profile image61
    SheriSappposted 8 years ago

Ralph Deeds---I think at this point (since he plans to release a transcript on MONDAY)  he KNOWS that we are all watching and listening carefully right now.  As evidenced by his masterfully orchestrated campaign, the one thing this man is not is stupid.  He will probably keep policy out of this one

7. dawniebrew profile image56
    dawniebrewposted 8 years ago

from my point of view, he should concentrate more on fixing a very slumping economy, putting jobs back on the table, and reducing our unemployment numbers. Why visit classrooms for children, when he should re-attend school himself. Our kids don't need to learn numbers over a trillion.  Besides, how do you pay for this health care if your unemployed,,, humm i wonder.

8. Ruchira profile image77
    Ruchiraposted 8 years ago

Awareness is the key these days. Age is no longer a barrier to anything thanks to TV, Internet. So, exposure to our day to day concerns is also not a bad idea. In fact, We should applaud our President for taking time off to be with the younger generation.

Closed to reply