jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Is the world a better place since 9/11 the September 11 terrorist attacks, on th

1. LeonJane profile image91
    LeonJaneposted 8 years ago

Is the world a better place since 9/11 the September 11 terrorist attacks, on the 8th anniversary?

2. Kebennett1 profile image60
    Kebennett1posted 8 years ago

I wouldn't say it is a better place. Maybe a little safer. I think since the Terrorist Attacks, people have become more racist. People can not look at a person from the Middle Eastern area without thinking twice and asking themselves if that person might be a terrorist or sympathizer. Especially on an airplane! Which is sad because it makes us judge many because of a few. I hate racism and found myself falling into the same pattern and had to make a purposeful effort to make myself stop fearing a race of people for what a few terrorists did. I know there are a lot of good and peaceful Middle Eastern people in the United States and this world. I would hate to be judged as a bad person because of a terroristic group of White people and what they did and believed. Since 9/11 there are at least two more wars in this world. Which means people dying. Including innocent people. So no, again i can not say it is better. Since 9/11 there is talk of prisoner abuse (on both sides). So no, i can not say it is better. Since 9/11 the United States is in a deep depression, our Government is losing its strength and power amongst the other Nations, our President is losing his popularity and fast! No, things are definitely not better!

3. someonewhoknows profile image75
    someonewhoknowsposted 8 years ago

If  you googled anything about 911 you should have a good deal of information about what really happened and who was behind it .Building don't just fall down that easy and building #7 certainly didn't just fall down.Very few experts in the world have the expertise to do that kind of demolition.America is being systematically setup for the demise of our freedom due to the planned destruction of not only the twin towers ,but Katrina and other planned destruction in the past and future I dare say.I love my country but I don't trust my government.

When I see a video on utube secretly made by someone training as a Homeland security agent ,and his instructor is talking about the first terrorists being the founding fathers of our country I'm skecptical about who is the terrorist and who is the patriot.

4. svencill profile image60
    svencillposted 8 years ago

No......It's not in the least bit different and maybe even worse. Hundreds of thousands of people dead over lies. Wars continue everywhere. There will always be evil in the world and without unity I don't think we can expect things to get better.

5. SheriSapp profile image60
    SheriSappposted 8 years ago

I don't know the answer to that.  All I know for sure is that I am a PROUD American and I love my country and my freedoms more than I did before.  I know people aren't too fond of GWBush, but he did keep us safe for 7 years.  I don't trust that our current administration even cares about that at all.

Closed to reply

working