Has Our Open Borders Increased Chances Of Terrorist Attacks?

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (59 posts)
  1. Sharlee01 profile image83
    Sharlee01posted 6 months ago

https://hubstatic.com/16778619_f1024.jpg

During Biden's presidency, we have observed an influx of over 7 million migrants arriving at our borders, and there is a lack of accurate records regarding those who have managed to evade border agents. Recent reports indicate an increase in apprehensions of individuals on the FBI terror watchlist by border agents.

Do you have apprehensions about the potential for terrorist attacks on U.S. soil as a result of these developments?

1. tsmog profile image85
      tsmogposted 6 months agoin reply to this

Poking about this morning on the net I discovered the following. It is; Homeland Republicans Demand Answers About DHS Internal Document Warning of Potential Iran-Backed Terrorists Crossing Southwest Border. (Oct 27, 2023) That was seven days ago.

https://homeland.house.gov/2023/10/27/h … st-border/

The nitty-gritty of the inquiry is:

In the letter, the Chairmen state,“It is concerning that the Committee on Homeland Security (Committee) learned about this information through public news sources and not directly from the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) despite the Department’s Office of Intelligence and Analysis (I&A) transmitting near-daily situational reports about the Israel-Hamas conflict to the Committee. We write to request additional information about this matter, to include DHS’s efforts to identify, investigate, and mitigate these national security threats.”

The Chairmen continue,“The document alerts officers of ‘Possible Indicators’ of those individuals potentially encountered at the Southwest border such as ‘Military age males,’ ‘Single travelers,’ and an ‘Undetermined return plan.’ Finally, the document provides ‘Questions of Interest,’ to probe those individuals potentially encountered at the Southwest border about their possible association with groups that the United States has designated as terrorist organizations, such as Hamas, Hezbollah, Palestinian Islamic Jihad, the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine or any other similar organization.”

The Chairmen conclude,“The Committee continues to have serious concerns about the security of our Southwest border and the potential for terrorists to take advantage of the glaring vulnerabilities created by the Biden administration’s open border polices. To assist the Committee with its continued oversight of terrorist threats at the Southwest border, please provide the following documents and information as soon as possible, but no later than 5:00 p.m. on November 1, 2023.”

Next, in the publication is background information.

On my home front, San Deigo, is:

"San Diego County Supervisor Jim Desmond and other Republican politicians are calling for a border shutdown over concerns that Hamas terrorists may enter the country illegally.

But a Middle East expert called their declaration “preposterous and completely unhinged.”

“This is the very definition of hysteria,” said Michael Provence, professor of Middle Eastern History at UC San Diego."

Expert calls Desmond's plan to close border over Hamas 'completely unhinged' by KPBS (10/26/23)
      https://www.kpbs.org/news/border-immigr … y-unhinged

2. peterstreep profile image81
      peterstreepposted 5 months agoin reply to this

If I'm correct all the terrorists from the 9/11 attack were all legal in the US and lived there for years.
      To organize a proper terrorist attack you need planning. You have to buy stuff, study, organize etc. You need official papers to do so.
      This is very difficult to do when you are illegal.
      I think hard-core survivalists and religious cult members are higher on the list to be a terrorist than a migrant who leaves his/her homeland to find a better life.

Sharlee01posted 5 months agoin reply to this

We have never in our history had the numbers of migrants crossing illegally, and the number of migrants on the terror watch list has grown substantually. Facts substantiate my concerns.  It is factual that the 9/11 terrorists were in the country on visas, all were from Middle Eastern nations.  This certainly also remains a problem. This administration gives out visas in greater numbers than any other.

"The annual numbers proved just as catastrophic. In FY23, CBP recorded more than 2.4 million encounters at the Southwest border and more than 3.2 million encounters nationwide. Just this fiscal year, 169 individuals on the terrorist watchlist were apprehended attempting to enter the country illegally, and at least 1.7 million known gotaways have evaded apprehension since FY2021. "
        https://homeland.house.gov/2023/10/26/f … %20FY2021.

1. peterstreep profile image81

I'm reacting to the connection between terrorism and migration. This is an accusation without proof. The real terrorists like the 9/11 gang lived in the US for a long time. And yes they were all from Saudi Arabia. (except one if I-m correct). but they lived legally in the US. The terrorists of January 6 were all native US citizens too! The bomber of Oklahoma City, Timothy McVeigh, was also a white US citizen...

Migrants are needed for a country. Without migrants, a lot of work will not be done. The dirty and cheap labour in the factories and in the countryside.
          This is simply a fact politicians don't talk about as you won't win votes. But it is simply the reality that the economy of a country needs migrants.

1. Ken Burgess profile image76
            Ken Burgessposted 5 months agoin reply to this

This Administration's efforts are unsustainable economically and irrational when considering the best interests of the Nation.

That is a general statement that covers everything they have gotten us into that didn't already exist, from Ukraine to making Transmen a protected minority class.

In specific to the Border, the Biden Administration will claim it is under control, and I believe according to how they define "under control" it is.

If you consider the UN migration-related issues are visible throughout the 2030 Agenda and elsewhere at the United Nations forum and then consider that the Biden Administration puts these Agendas and Policies ahead of any Federal or State migration policy or law, the border IS "under control".

In the 2030 Agenda, migration features under SDG10 (reduced inequalities), target 10.7, stipulating facilitating orderly, safe, regular and responsible migration and mobility of people, including through the implementation of planned and well-managed migration policies.

The Global Compact for Safe, Orderly and Regular Migration has recognized the need to facilitate “access to procedures for family reunification for migrants at all skills levels through appropriate measures that promote the realization of the right to family life and the best interests of the child, including by reviewing and revising applicable requirements, such as on income, language proficiency, length of stay, work authorization, and access to social security and services.”

Just a couple cuts of what is many, many pages and agendas and agreements to read.  In short, there is no such thing as National Sovereignty.  Migrants, even if they come in waves of ten million or more a year, have equal rights to all social and medical care that the citizens of the destination nation have.

The Biden Administration, if anything, is underperforming its obligatory requirements to provide and care for these migrants adequately.

This is the choice Americans face for 2024... they can continue to support these Global Agenda 2030 - Great Reset efforts, in which they forfeit the National Sovereignty of America to International Interests, they sacrifice their Social Welfare and economic wellbeing to be spread amongst all who come to take a share, and they soon will sacrifice any rights as American citizens.... because there will be no special rights or freedoms for American citizens, the Constitution will not be the highest authority of the land... it will be International Law that trumps all.  Americans will have all the rights and freedoms that Chinese citizens enjoy today, maybe less.

Or they can put Trump back in office who refused these Agendas and pulled America out of these policies, putting America and Americans first.

But if the American people really want Trump back, its going to take a lot of people, willing to stand up and force the system to do the right thing... fighting to keep him on the ballots, out of jail, and ensuring they do not flood certain swing states with 'suspect' Mail-In-Ballots that change the election results.

I just don't think that Americans are aware enough, or willing to risk it at this juncture, to ensure a fair and free election.  I think it will take a much more severe situation, when the hardships and crisis have gotten far worse, to motivate Americans to stand up.

And I don't know if they can, even then, even if they want to.  What Canada was able to do to the Truckers that were protesting shows that the government can be tyrannical and face no consequences.  The government took everything from those people, all their savings, their possessions, their businesses. That same government is still in power.  They are stripping Canadians of more rights and freedoms everyday since.

I don't see how when its our turn, it will be any different.  Today's Americans are not the Americans of 50 years ago.

2022 World Migration Report
            https://migrationnetwork.un.org/resourc … eport-2022

1. peterstreep profile image81

Thanks for the link Ken,

No, you can not open your border and let everybody in without regulation. But how to regulate, that's the question.
              Migration though is just like climate change, a problem that can not be dealt with as a country on its own. It is an issue that connects many countries.
              To close the borders for migrants without making agreements with other countries, isolationism, also cuts off many things that are connected.

Migrants always have been a political problem. As on one hand, as I said, an economy needs cheap labour. On the other hand you won't win any seats in parliament with them.
              Trump uses migrants in his hotel chain, McDonald's uses migrants in the slaughter industry, McCain uses migrants in the fields and so on. Here in Spain it is the migrants from Africa who do the orange picking. In the UK migrants are a huge portion of the labour in the healthcare.
              Countries need migrants.

I can not commend on Trumps or Biden's policy. I can not even comment on the European or UK policy regarding migrants. Simply because I do not know much about it and I doubt the general public does either.
              Only that too often underbelly sentiments like migrants connected with terrorism are talked about. And I don't think that's right. That was my primary reaction. The simplicity of making migrants a scapegoat. We heard this story too often. And I don't like making vulnerable people scapegoats.
              Migrants are not terrorists. Migrants are not thieves or murderers. They are people who try to make a better living. That's what we all try to do.
              Do migrants affect our lives? Yes they do. because of them, the prices of oranges are low as their wages are low. Do they get benefits? maybe, if they speak the language well enough to understand the rules and fill in the proper documents etc. Bureaucracy is difficult enough for us who speak the native language to find the things we are entitled to. It's not easy to start a life in a new country, away from your base.

Is the migration unsustainable? I don't know. At the moment there are more migrants from Ukraine in Spain. Would they go back to their country after the war. Perhaps, but in the meantime, they learn a new language and do their best to integrate and survive. I don't have a problem with them. 
              On a personal level, I don't think people have problems with migrants. Some people are good and nice, others are not. Just like everyone else.

On a nationwide level? You talk about an international issue. And I find it too complex to give a judgment. It's an interesting topic though and I'm going to read the UN link you shared.

https://worldmigrationreport.iom.int/wm … teractive/

2. Willowarbor profile image59
          Willowarborposted 5 months agoin reply to this

The Nationality Act sets the number of immigrant visas the U.S. Department of State  can issue to noncitizens seeking to become lawful permanent residents (get a Green Card) each year.

Has Biden broken this law? Has he exceeded the numbers? If so is this in court? I believe this law was enacted in 1990.  And I know for a fact that it has not been changed.  It would take an act of Congress to change this law.

2. Sharlee01 profile image83
    Sharlee01posted 6 months ago

I'd like to express my thoughts on this matter. I am concerned that porous borders may lead to an increase in security vulnerabilities and potential errors. I believe this issue can be traced back to what I see as a pattern of decisions made by the current administration, which I perceive as lacking in logical reasoning and potentially causing significant challenges for the American people.

It is my opinion that the open border policy could become another historical blunder under Biden's leadership, and I believe it's only a matter of time before we see the consequences unfold.

1. Castlepaloma profile image75
      Castlepalomaposted 6 months agoin reply to this

Border guards say there is well over 8 million crossing that they can count, who knows how many they don't know about. I'd say a lots of sex trafficking, killer drugs and mixed protests were have not ever seen in our lifetime. Maybe Trump was more right than I first thought, being an old classic liberal.

Sharlee01posted 6 months agoin reply to this

Trump was working hard to slow down the number that approached the border to request asylum, he did not offer invitations or great incentives to come. He also came up with several creative ideas -- such as waiting in Mexico and taking away catch and release, as well as his wall.

Trump worked on solving problems, not making them. I think he knew, we had enough problems and was hell-bent on working to solve them. However, we have citizens who were more worried about his demeanor, and his transparent words. Many Americans felt they could do without their noses, so why not cut them off to spite their face?

Sort of got what we seem to deserve.

2. Ken Burgess profile image76

Sharlee, I hate to beat a dead horse...

This is all by design, it is funded and supported by the Biden Administration, even as they lie to the American people about it.

Global Compact on Migration, UN Agenda 2030, Open Society, etc.

I have described and linked to these, written articles about this, its not a new topic.  Help get people to understand that our government doesn't work for Americans or America... it works for the likes of George Soros, Bill Gates, BlackRock, Big Pharma... not the American people.

https://twitter.com/liz_churchill10/sta … 6761517519

The MSM ignores or misleads or agitates, most people are too lazy to take the time to learn about what is really going on.  It takes research, effort, and the ability to know how to think for yourself.

https://www.ohchr.org/en/sdgs/about-203 … evelopment

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/sw … 022-04-28/

https://humanevents.com/2023/11/23/brea … n-national

https://www.france24.com/en/france/2023 … -in-france

1. Willowarbor profile image59

It takes research, effort, and the ability to know how to think for yourself.

Well maybe, as long as that research doesn't contradict the groupthink. If so, it must be ignored.
        Far too many actually don't want to think for themselves that's why they join a cult of personality such as MAGA.   I suppose they like the feeling of being in a group, maybe the camaraderie or the feeling that is somehow makes them superior. Any honest assessment of fact leaves you somewhere in the middle of the political spectrum and we have a great deal of people in our country these days who love the idea of polarization. If they are MAGA, they don't even entertain anything outside of that sphere of influence.

I doubt someone can have an open mind and ability to research and rationalize for oneself and be part of any 'groupthink', one is the complete antithesis to the other.

This goes for both sides of the spectrum, but by far, the "Progressive" the "Left" has gone much further down the rabbit hole.

Those not part of that groupthink have a hard time comprehending why the LGTBQ+ community are out protesting with Hamas supporters, because most Americans not indoctrinated into this Identity Politics - Social Justice extremism don't see the world in absolutes of Victim or Victimizer, Oppressed or Oppressor.

There is nothing more dumbed down, or easier to understand than that.

If you identify as a victim, this absolves you of any wrongdoing... you cannot be a criminal, you cannot be a terrorist, if you have been victimized and oppressed.

What is beginning to be followed through with today, that we are seeing out in public here in America more frequently... is that if you identify as a victim, there is nothing you can do to someone identified as a victimizer, that is immoral or wrong.  Violence is being condoned or covered up, so long as it is a victim class doing it against someone considered part of the oppressor class.

This, if allowed to go on long enough, will lead to a government that targets and attacks those considered victimizers and oppressors.

This leads to Stalin's Russia, Hitler's Germany, Pol Pot's Cambodia... it appears most of Western Civilization right now is headed down this path... Europe and its associated Nation state descendants in particular seem really good at doing this repeatedly every couple of generations.

Any honest assessment will show you that Trump may have been an arrogant, egotistical blow hard... but he worked against the Military Industrial Complex and refused to start new wars.

It will show you he worked to provide more for American minority citizens but not if you believe in equity and free hand outs.  I have to differentiate between the two, you either believe in equity in spite of qualification and capabilities... or you believe in equal opportunity for all based on one's merits and abilities... you can't have both.

Trump worked to get European nations to pay their own way, rather than depending on the American taxpayer to fight their wars and foot the bill for their expenses/living standards.

I could go on... Trump was essentially the anti-Internationalist, anti-NWO globalist, he pulled America out of the Global Compact on Migration (Open Borders) out of the Paris Accord/Agreement (What Biden has thrown away Trillions on)... Trump was basically not willing to bend the knee to the UN/WEF and they crucify him for it.

Yes... if you are capable of rationalizing and researching, it is pretty easy to see what is going on and why.  But in order to do that you really have to disconnect from all the MSM nonsense.

I don't think people realize how negatively MSM impacts your ability to understand and to rationalize... the more you take in of it, the more you unconsciously warp your own perspectives without realizing it... those who think they are capable of not being influenced by "the nonsense" I find are the ones drowning in it.

3. Sharlee01 profile image83
    Sharlee01posted 5 months ago

In September 2023, Biden Administration Sets Two Dubious Records: Highest Monthly and Highest Annual Border Encounters in History, Says FAIR

"The following statement was issued by Dan Stein, president of the Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR), in response to today's release of Customs and Border Protection border encounters data for September:

WASHINGTON, Oct. 21, 2023 /PRNewswire/ -- "The release of Customs and Border Protection (CBP) nationwide encounters for September, FY 2023, shattered a record set just last year for the number of aliens encountered illegally entering our country. At the same time, September set the single-month record for border encounters breaking the previous record set in August. Yet, despite these staggering numbers, the Biden administration continues to insist that our borders are secure and the American public has no reason to be concerned.

"In total, there were 341,392 illegal aliens encountered in September, the highest monthly tally on record. Breaking down the numbers further, the number of migrants encountered crossing the southwest border illegally numbered 269,735 – an increase of nearly 40,000 over August. Encounters of family units jumped to 141,306, while the number of unaccompanied children stood at 13,809. These totals do not include 'gotaways,' which have averaged more than 50,000 per month during the first 32 months of the Biden administration.

"September also closed the books on FY 2023. Total encounters for the year were 3,201,144, an increase of nearly 500,000 over the previous year and a nearly fivefold increase over FY 2020, the last full year of the Trump administration. This exponential increase in illegal immigration makes it clear that it is the open-borders policies of the Biden administration that are driving this national crisis.

"The events of the past two weeks draw into even sharper focus just how dangerous our unsecured borders are. This month's terrorist attacks against Israel, and threats of 'global jihad' issued by Hamas and their overlords in Tehran, mean that the open-borders policies of the Biden administration have placed the American public at greater risk than at any time since 9/11.

"It is more urgent than ever that Congress step in and retake its plenary control over immigration policy.  We must reverse the administration's open-borders policies, end the humanitarian crisis it has created, secure our borders, and focus its attention on finding and removing people who have entered illegally."

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-release … 63774.html

1. Castlepaloma profile image75
      Castlepalomaposted 5 months agoin reply to this

No country in their right mind will declare war on American soil.  The highest casualties on US soil was from Japan. The 9/11 was a false flag attack in order US military to invade 7 Muslims countries and ruin 5 of them.  A right wing terrorist attack is more likely in US than from a Muslim group..

We can already see the unbalanced budgeting damages from the new floodgates of immigrants and illegals, of what its doing to the economy.

As far as the third world War unfolds is anyone guess. It's a War Racket,  best expressed in the song written by Canadian Buffy

https://youtu.be/GzG_4e8yGew?si=8hkZgQNSkJhzflaN

4. Kathleen Cochran profile image77
    Kathleen Cochranposted 5 months ago

This is great, It's doubtful that many here will read it and if they do we'll just cast it aside because it doesn't align with their hardcore extreme views.  You know...joe Biden has just completely flung the borders open. Violates all immigration law...yet the only ones who bring suit against him are immigrant rights groups.  Hmm, wonder why that is?

I would best describe that as an opinion piece, not fact.

Its typical of the feelings and opinions, presented as irrefutable proof of something, you read in an article or see in a 'news' report today.

All it takes is for an open mind to research this, or any topic, to find credible facts and truths.

I wonder if they teach the ability to research and find facts in Universities today, or is it just rote memorization and indoctrination that is presented as learning and education?

Its been almost twenty years since I last attended a course, it was a lot about memorization and attendance back then... it most likely has gotten significantly worse... with the focus now on feelings, not facts.

3. Castlepaloma profile image75
      Castlepalomaposted 5 months agoin reply to this

Some good points, about immigrants myths.

1. wilderness profile image94
        wildernessposted 5 months agoin reply to this

"MYTH #1: “Immigrants will take American jobs, lower wages, and especially hurt the poor.”

FACT: Immigrants don’t take American jobs, lower wages, or push the poor out of the labor market."

What; illegal aliens in the US are working jobs in Germany?  Don't be ridiculous.

"MYTH #4: “Immigrants increase the budget deficit and government debt.”

FACT: Immigrants in the United States have about a net zero effect on government budgets — they pay about as much in taxes as they consume in benefits."

What?  A family of 4 or 5 illegal aliens, with parents working near minimum wage, pay enough in taxes to even cover the cost of their kid's education?  Not to speak of the need for additional police, additional health care, additional courts...the list is very, very long of services government supplies to everyone.  Don't be silly - simple arithmetic gives the lie to such a foolish statement.

Most (not all) of the rest are similar; simply repeating false claims from the left that unlimited, unvetted immigration of unskilled labor is good for the country and does not consume more than they produce.

It was an absurd article, with no facts or data backing it up.

That is why I didn't bother to counter it, typical nonsense that passes as "news" or "fact" today.

I think the article was an OP.  The author certainly did not do their homework.

5. Sharlee01 profile image83

To be honest, I think the numbers are what grab most citizens, they don't dig deep into all the whys of it --- just the ugly numbers reported constantly by the media.  In my view, his border problems will work out very badly for the Democrats in 2024.

6. Willowarbor profile image59
    Willowarborposted 5 months ago

The Carnegie article cited is a summary of a much more comprehensive paper written by the Cato Institute ( right wing for sure Koch backed).
    The source is cited at the bottom. It is quite extensive, 40 pages including stats and charts.   

It is titled ,
    The Most Common Arguments Against Immigration and Why They’re Wrong. 

But please, if you'd like to stay in your bubble, shield your eyes, keep your blinders on and keep repeating myths. 

There is such an unwillingness by some members of this forum to even consider facts that don't support a narrow polarized view of any issue. 

A closed mind is a dying mind.

Oh boy, I'll take that challenge.

Lets see, what I can find for valid, factual, sources explaining just how detrimental mass fluctuations of incoming migrants are, shall we?

How Mass Illegal Migration Damages the Environment
      https://www.fairus.org/blog/2022/02/15/ … nvironment

Influx of migrants in Massachusetts continues to overwhelm state resources — and more may be on the way
      https://www.boston.com/news/the-boston- … resources/

Migrants coming to the US have overwhelmed cities, including Chicago, New York and El Paso
      https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat … 921430007/

Migrants are overwhelming resources in the US
      https://news.miami.edu/stories/2023/01/ … he-us.html

1.5 Million Migrants Apply for US Sponsorship in Past Few Months, Overwhelming the 30,000 Monthly Cap
      https://www.insideedition.com/15-millio … onthly-cap

[OLD INFO the numbers have likely doubled since] Feb 5, 2019 · Nationally, 4.8% of people working or looking for work are unauthorized immigrants, but a look at the interactive map shows that states such as California (8.6%), Texas (8.2%) and New Jersey (7.6%) exceeded that, as did Nevada (10.6%).

NYC Makes History as Illegal Immigrants Outnumber Locals in Shelters
      https://pjmedia.com/lincolnbrown/2023/0 … e_vignette

Profile of the Unauthorized Population:  California
      https://www.migrationpolicy.org/data/un … n/state/CA

Texas border cities scramble to shelter thousands of newly-arrived migrants
      https://www.texastribune.org/2023/09/21 … agle-pass/

Biden administration expands legal status and work permits to thousands of Venezuelan migrants
      New designation for Venezuela would make close to 500,000 people, many in NYC, newly eligible for TPS
      https://www.politico.com/news/2023/09/2 … s-00117278

NY Gov. Kathy Hochul rolls out jobs program for illegals as 380K New Yorkers are unemployed
      https://www.bizpacreview.com/2023/08/27 … d-1390530/

Unlawful crossings along southern border reach yearly high as U.S. struggles to contain mass migration
      https://www.cbsnews.com/news/immigratio … arly-high/

There you go, there are some real stories and real facts, enjoy! smile

I dunno, Ken - you certainly don't seem like a dying mind, not with that list!  Even if you simply made them up, as the Carnegie seems to have done, that still takes brain power...

(The really comical one, to me, was that illegal aliens in the US don't take American jobs.  Or welfare or charity or anything else - I guess they're like an air plant and get their needs from the air.

2. tsmog profile image85
        tsmogposted 5 months agoin reply to this

You know, Ken, you should get off the soap box and find a pulpit for national and world concerns. There aren't many here to preach to, you know. If I were you I would write a book about the concerns you have that are valid as I see it.

I have undertaken writing my autobiography, which has been both fun and a challenge. There is the flow of writing, the organization of chapters, and the following of a main theme. A snap for you.

And, yes, it gives me an opportunity to share my positions on various topics now that I have reached my forties within the adventure. Some outright and others slyly. Definitely a learning experience.

You have a main theme as I see it. You thoroughly know the material and have it down pat. You know the audience - everybody and have the opportunity to narrow it if you wish. You definitely have a message. Your writing is above average, definitely better than mine.

Consider giving it a go. Self-publishing at Amazon is not hard from my understanding. Maybe take advantage of one of those large corporations and make a buck or two at the same time.

I mean no offense in the suggestion. I just think your opportunity is at hand to spread the word further than here. What do you think? I would expect you to be here too. I would be interested in the journey as you progress along.

I take the suggestion as a compliment, no offense taken.

It has been suggested to me in the past, once by someone who writes books himself, he was looking to not make an error in military ranks and tactics (he does not have a military background)... perhaps I went into too much detail in my reply to his request, he asked how long it took for me to formulate my reply... I told him ten minutes, maybe less, to type it.

He told me I could write an entire book in under a week with that type of ability, maybe one day I will.

I think when I cross that line and start to do so, it will come when I choose to give something else up, so that I can focus on that new journey.

The youngest graduates from HS this year, I have been at the same job for six years now, and while they need me more than ever, I need that job less than ever...

Thanks for the nudge, I appreciate it.

7. Sharlee01 profile image83

Yikes Karma is a Bitch !

New respiratory diseases out of China!  Looks like Joe "could have" his chance to handle a health crisis.  The WHO is sounding very much as they did four years ago... Posting this just to document a timeline.  I mean the timeline with COVID took so many twisted paths, did it not?

22-11-2023    WHO statement on reported clusters of respiratory illness in children in northern China
    https://www.who.int/news/item/22-11-202 … hern-china

Today 11-28- 2023 --- DC area hospitals report uptick in sick visits as global concern for respiratory illnesses grows
    DC area hospitals are reporting seeing an uptick in sick visits amidst global concern for respiratory illness.

The mysterious respiratory illnesses that are reportedly wreaking havoc in hospitals in China are now raising concerns for the medical community across the country and impacting Washington D.C., according to reports.
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/dc-area-hosp … sses-grows

weeeeeeee ----

More dates to add to the progression of new China health problems.

Nov 30, 2023 ---   "Respiratory illness surge in China not due to new virus, CDC director tells Congress
      The surge is concentrated in northern China, Dr. Mandy Cohen said, where NBC News has reported hospitals have appeared to be “overwhelmed with sick children.”   https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/resp … rcna127459

Dec, 1 2023    "Massachusetts is 2nd state with child pneumonia outbreak —as questions remain about virus sweeping China"
      https://nypost.com/2023/12/01/news/mass … eak-cases/

Dec 1 2023  ----  What do we know about China’s respiratory illness surge? "SHANGHAI, Dec 1 (Reuters) - A request by the World Health Organization for more information on a surge in respiratory illnesses and clusters of pneumonia in children in China has attracted global attention.

Health authorities have not detected any unusual or novel pathogens, the WHO later said, and doctors and public health researchers say there is no evidence for international alarm.

Authorities in Taiwan, however, this week advised the elderly, very young and those with poor immunity to avoid travel to China."

THIS ALL SEEMS SO  FAMILIAR.
      https://www.reuters.com/world/china/wha … 023-12-01/

Related to the issue... and worth the watch:

https://twitter.com/HappyCamper2626/sta … 9915141374

Ken, I appreciate you bringing this to light. With numerous friends in the healthcare field, I can attest to observing a rise in cardiac issues among young adults, both men and women, surpassing previous levels.

Learning about this new illness emerging from China evokes a sense of déjà vu. I vividly recall my son reaching out from Puerto Vallarta, sharing details about a peculiar virus. At that point, the media downplayed concerns, assuring it was not alarming, and he even looked forward to our return home. I started watching US media, and I mean, I tuned into Nancy Pelosi Dancing down the streets of Chinatown --- I felt comfortable that this virus was not much to worry about.

However, within the week, my son called again, advising against our return, and for our safety to stay in our PV home.  Reports were that the virus was becoming perilous, leading to fatalities in China, and other parts of the world, including California.

This time, I aimed to maintain an indisputable timeline to follow this new Chinese illness.

Sharlee01posted 4 months agoin reply to this

Please ignore this -- I am keeping a timeline on the new China Illness

Dec 1,  2023  CDC: No cause for alarm over spike in respiratory illness in China
        A spike in respiratory illness in China has raised questions
        The country and WHO say the surge is caused by known pathogens
        The CDC says there is no evidence of a new, novel virus
        https://www.newsnationnow.com/health/cd … ess-china/

"WASHINGTON, Dec 1 (Reuters) - Five Republican senators led by Marco Rubio on Friday asked President Joe Biden's administration to ban travel between the United States and China after a spike in Chinese respiratory illness cases.

"We should immediately restrict travel between the United States and (China) until we know more about the dangers posed by this new illness," said the letter signed by Rubio, the top Republican on the Senate Intelligence Committee, along with Senators J.D. Vance, Rick Scott, Tommy Tuberville and Mike Braun."    https://www.reuters.com/world/five-sena … 023-12-01/

Five senators ask Biden to impose China travel ban after respiratory illness cases
        By David Shepardson
        December 1, 20238:16 PM ESTUpdated 3 days ago

Dec 1, 2023 "U.S. Health Officials Push Back on Idea of New Virus in China
        A surge of children has been hospitalized in China for respiratory illnesses, but international health authorities said the cause was common viruses and bacteria."  https://www.nytimes.com/article/china-r … monia.html

8. Ken Burgess profile image76
    Ken Burgessposted 5 months ago

Another post for the "you can't make this stuff up" column...

Migrants Refuse to Stay In Democrat-Run City, Demand New Accommodations

“We weren’t told where we were going. I work in the Bronx. My kids go to school in the Bronx. For us to live out here is ridiculous. We’re going back,” said one migrant to a NY Post journalist.
    “Families got off of the bus and saw the accommodations,” she recalled.

“When they realized they wouldn’t be staying at a hotel, they refused to stay and demanded to be taken somewhere else,” she explained.

“They were not told in advance that they would be going [to] a tent city,” revealed the migrant mother.

“No woman or children should be having to be bused around like this,” said Jumaane Williams.

“Let them know that this is not the place for you guys to be — in an isolated area,” advised the advocate.

“It’s not the ideal location for anyone to live. There’s no supermarket. There’s no infrastructure,” alleged Williams.

“Having your child in the southern end of Brooklyn here, when there is nothing, transit desert, is just not compatible,” he added.

“It’s isolated, it’s very reminiscent of sort of a prison,” Attorney Stephanie Randolph said.

Adding, “[i]f the city is offering no alternative to them, it’s leave New York City or go to Floyd Bennett Field.”

“We really need the governor to realize the right to shelter is statewide and open up some spaces across the state,” demanded Williams.

https://www.westernjournal.com/migrants … modations/

The full article above, I'd like to say this comes as a surprise, but one thing about NY, they go out of their way normally to ensure those living off the government have as good, or better, living conditions then the schmucks that work 60 - 70 hours a week trying to afford living there.  The reaction from the advocates in the article are spot on, to what I'd expect.

What is the point of an article like this? What is it trying to accomplish?
      The article stated that several of the migrants didn't want to stay in a tent. So what? The inference is that the migrants are terrible ungrateful people? Because "several"  represents all? 

Several white boys put together a little nazi march in my town over the summer, am I to infer all boys their age have similar leanings?

I think these articles are pointless. Meant to stoke anger, that's all. Completely irrational.

Reporting news about a minority view from any given group is a task that requires a balanced approach In all situations, sharing information about some from a group does help give an understanding of the broader societal landscape about said group.  However, it is essential for journalists to exercise caution and responsibility, especially when highlighting sporadic problems that may not affect everyone in the given group. The author of the article did this by actually offering quotes from those who were unhappy with the new shelter that was being provided...

The author did not say all were dissatisfied while shedding light on the issue. in my view, it contributes to a more accurate and transparent portrayal of the new location issue, as well as what some felt about the new location.   it is crucial to avoid perpetuating stereotypes or creating a misleading narrative that misrepresents the majority, but the minority should not be ignored. In this case, it would seem if at the mercy of the state, due to being here illegally, they might be expected to cooperate with where the state offers free shelter. They could easily walk away, and find whatever accommodations they please, if able to pay for those accommodations. As I understand they are not forced to stay in free shelters provided by the state.

Journalists should strive to present diverse perspectives within any group. This approach ensures that the news coverage remains fair, respectful, and reflective of the multifaceted nature of any community, fostering a more informed and understanding public discourse.

These migrants await court dates to see if they will be allowed to stay. They are not citizens, and should not be burdens on taxpayers while they wait. It would be optimal if they worked and paid for their own living accommodations. 

Here are the benefits a migrant can expect in New York while they await their day in court. They are very generous, and migrants can work as they wait.     https://www.nyc.gov/site/dca/workers/im … 20workers.

9. Ken Burgess profile image76

It is unfortunate on a couple of levels.

The human tragedy of course.

And then the fact that should they try another pandemic/lockdown in 2024, with the election on the horizon, 50% of all Americans, or more, are NOT going to trust this government, at all.

On top of that, half of those that would vote for Biden again, have no confidence in him, they just have TDS.  It would be a chaotic time, even more chaotic than we saw during the last one.

While I acknowledge that a potential Trump victory might be considered precarious, I believe his problem-solving approach could resonate with many who have grown weary of the tumultuous Biden administration. The public is fatigued by the ongoing chaos and the perception that the country is spiraling out of control. This sentiment is reminiscent of the exhaustion felt after the Obama era was marked by frustration with the negative portrayal of America and its citizens.

Biden's excessive spending, immigration challenges, and economic concerns will resonate with voters above all. The current state of the economy is a shared worry, with no clear resolution in sight, causing heightened apprehension among parents about the influences on their children in schools and colleges. Additionally, the nation finds itself entangled in two wars, raising concerns about what may come next. In contrast to Biden, whose leadership is perceived by some as inept, Trump's problem-solving approach is seen as a potential remedy to the challenges faced by the nation.

There is a growing sentiment that Biden, initially perceived as a compliant figure, is now deviating from the expectations set by those who control him. The speculation that there is a desire for him to step down adds to the perception of a leader going rogue.

10. Ken Burgess profile image76

8 million+ illegal crossings since Biden took office
    1.7 million+ known got-aways. 900k+ released into the U.S. in 2023
    169 people (that we know of) on the terrorist watch list entered the U.S. in 2023

https://twitter.com/Heritage/status/1731011849699889202

Were those border crossings allowed under the current immigration law? Have they broken the law? If so why hasn't this been challenged in a court of law? It would seem that every week there is a new case brought against the Biden administration in terms of immigration law...for it being too restrictive.  Have never seen it go the other way and when it has, the courts have upheld the current title 8 immigration law.   Why do you think Congress is not working to make changes to the current laws?

"Were those border crossings allowed under the current immigration law?"

When aliens (non-American citizens) cut fencing, enter the country and disappear into the night you can bet it is illegal.  When they take jobs, drive cars, take Welfare monies, etc. etc. etc. then yes, it is illegal. 

"Have they broken the law?"

Yes, they have broken multiple laws, and continue to do so every day they are in the country.

"If so why hasn't this been challenged in a court of law?"

Because bleeding heart liberals cry out that "They only want a better life!"  At least until their own city is inundated with illegals, whereupon they cry out that "We can't afford them!  It is unfair to send them to our city just because we made known we want them here!"

"Why do you think Congress is not working to make changes to the current laws?"

Because Big Business wants cheap labor (at the cost of American jobs) and because many people refuse to accept that it costs our country billions of $$ every year to have 20-30 million illegal aliens residing in America, feeding off the citizens here.  Instead they are lied to and told that illegal aliens pay their own way, when simple arithmetic tells us that they cannot even cover the cost of educating their children, let alone all the other costs borne by the taxpayer.

Congress is made up of mostly cowards and corrupt politicians that forsake the Nation and its citizens to advance their careers, and the efforts of the likes of the WEF, UN, Open Society.

Those that try and stand up to the evil inherent in the system are denigrated, denounced, defamed and if deemed necessary made into criminals.

Tulsi Gabbard is such a person, she railed against the MIC, the never ending war efforts ('Nation Building' ... 'Spreading Democracy') and showed that she was not willing to be a go-along puppet.

Trump is another such figure, but there should be no surprise that there is such efforts made against him... 'Drain the Swamp', calling out and exposing the corruption, getting the highest members of the FBI fired and/or dragged in front of Congress to be chastised and exposed.  Most of all, refusing to start new wars, refusing to give Iran hundreds of Billions so they could fund their terrorists (which we then sell Arms and Ammo to, both sides).

Trump put Americans ahead of Open Borders - Open Society, Economic prosperity for Americans ahead of Corporate profits for International Corporations, Americans ahead of China's economic growth... Trump may have been a 'man of the people' but he was despised by those who have real power and real wealth... most of all by those that have controlled DC for decades.

11. Willowarbor profile image59
    Willowarborposted 5 months ago

New Data Show Migrants Were More Likely to Be Released by Trump Than Biden....what?!  I guess that's why the Biden administration is sued so much. 

Read on  or shield your eyes to retain your views.  But no one can claim that Cato and the Koch's  have ever been on the liberal side.. libertarian thru and thru.  I can really appreciate a lot of their points.

https://www.cato.org/blog/new-data-show … rump-biden

Border Encounters by Title Authority and Family Status
      CBP processed a total of 1.72 million enforcement encounters in 2021
      including 146,054 encounters of unaccompanied children, 478,492 of individuals in family units, and 1,098,500 of single adults.

In fiscal year 2022, Border Patrol encountered 2.2 million people crossing the border illegally. The numbers have gone down in the fiscal year ending this month

2023  -    2.5 million encounters
      The 2.5 million encounters of migrants occurring at the U.S.-Mexico border in fiscal year (FY) 2023 represent a new historic high, topping the prior year's record, as has been widely noted since the recent release of year-end government statistics. Oct 22, 2023

Never in our history have we witnessed such numbers or such problems t our borders. The number speaks for itself and does not include the gotaways.

There is no bright side to this mess, or is there room to divert to Trump.

Context matters.

Trump negotiated a deal with Mexico that had them deter migrants before they crossed Mexico's Southern Border.

I also believe he negotiated that for those that did make it to the Northern Border, they would remain in Mexico and not be allowed entry until their application was processed.  This point I am not as sure about as the first.

So, Trump addressed the issue in a way that deterred migrants from coming and did not support UN and Non-Profit, NGO efforts to help them get here or give them money and additional support once they did.

The Biden Administration undid Trumps agreements/efforts of deterrence, and Biden supports and funds UN, Non-Profit/NGO efforts to help them arrive here and aid them financially once they do.

So while Trump may have been allowing, lets say, half a million a year, (what that article gives us IS on Biden's watch, anyone not released by December 2020 falls to Biden), currently Biden is allowing in TWO and a half million, that they know of.

So...doing the math... Biden is allowing in FIVE TIMES the number that Trump was allowing in. That based on the numbers given in that article, which I would not consider gospel.  Percentages don't really tell the tale... they lack Context.

Thank you.

Willowarborposted 4 months agoin reply to this

Neither of you really answered specifically to the Cato article and their discussion of the data.

12. Willowarbor profile image59
    Willowarborposted 4 months ago

Let me ask people here this, if the country is currently such a degenerate hellscape how will Trump walk in on day one and change it? Especially considering the hugely ineffective Republican Congress. 
    Not that I believe he has any chance of winning but how many days do you give him to completely right the ship that you think is thinking?
    I mean when Biden came into office he was roundly criticized immediately so if by some long shot of a chance Trump finds himself in the white house again, I'll give him the same grace as Biden was given. A week or so.

It took Biden only a week to start an avalanche of huge problems. I hope whoever wins in 2024 can fix all this man has caused in. It will take four years if not more.

Ken Burgessposted 4 months agoin reply to this

This is true, some of the very decisions and actions he took on day one had immediate detrimental consequences for America.

Biden's actions at the start helped push Saudi Arabia and the UAE away from the US and into the arms of Russia, the Chinese and BRICS.

He also rescinded Trump's deterrence efforts regarding migrants almost on day one, if not day one.  And he reversed course with Iran, eventually releasing hundreds of billions to them allowing them to fund the terrorists we fight today.

The depths of the harm the Biden Administration has caused America would literally require a book, put together by some of the most well rounded intellectuals of today.  Quite frankly, you can not do this much harm to the American society, its foundational pillars, its foreign relations and its economy by mistake.

I would make the argument that everything they accused Trump of being, a traitor to the nation, being willing to declare martial law and to start WWIII is in fact exactly what they are guilty of themselves.

BREAKING: Bill Melugin reporting that authorities are "suspending railway operations" at the southern border to free up agents to help with the flood of illegal immigration.

"In other words, they're shutting down international commerce in order to help speed up processing of these migrants."

Yes, that is what they are doing --- and it is what  "we the people "  will stand by with our thumbs in our mouths and let them do.

I could not be more discussed with "We The People"...

I think it's time to say - we got what we voted for, and seems like what many deserve.

We stand for the atrocity of watching illegal immigrants pour in now for over three years, and we still have many deadheads who find this not to be a problem. I think that sums it up. 

We will see shortages of all we import from Mexico. This will inflate prices on so many goods...  Hopefully, the costs kick in quickly and put yet another nail in Biden's coffin. I mean here is another disastrous decision on his time. I am doubtful he is pulling the shots, I would love to know the "ass clown" that is pulling his strings.

So Ken, think about it, this latest crazy decision could work well for more citizens voting him into retirement.

However, just read an article that Californians will soon be drinking poop water --- so not sure many there can be swayed. I mean if they agree to POOP water --- ya know they are truely wack.

https://www.latimes.com/environment/sto … 's%20taps.

An old saying comes to mind -- eat,  you know what, and die.  LOL

You can sum it up in one law.

The Duty to Retreat.

New York adopted “duty to retreat” in 1968.

The law states that use of deadly force cannot be used if a person can retreat with “complete personal safety to oneself or other.”

Supposedly, the duty to retreat does not apply if the person is in their own home and not the initial aggressor, but good luck proving that point in a NY court of law.  The burden to prove self-defense was necessary is very real.

Americans as a whole, have a Duty to Retreat in place right now across a whole spectrum of issues, the border being one of them.

1. tsmog profile image85
              tsmogposted 4 months agoin reply to this

Nahh . . . we need a 'Beekeeper'!!

The Beekeeper
              https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15314262/

Nice... something I'll actually watch.  Got a good laugh out of the guy he sent for a ride with his fingers cut off.

1. tsmog profile image85
                  tsmogposted 4 months agoin reply to this

It looks pretty appealing to me, too. I rarely go to the theater but may make an exception in January. We all are looking for a hero at times. With just the trailer I see a lot of symbolism being used in the film that I can relate to.

13. Ken Burgess profile image76
    Ken Burgessposted 4 months ago

Some interesting reports on what is becoming the new norm in many Sancturary States & Cities:

'Crime tourism' bringing burglary crews from South America to affluent California communities l ABC7
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0U1Yc66puE4

Gangs from South America break in to expensive homes using technology jammers, police say
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BldOxZgYl98

Big name retail stores now targeted by gangs in organized hits: Investigators | Nightline
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZ5bmz-Hc0g

This is going to become more normalized the longer the border remains an open door.

14. Willowarbor profile image59
    Willowarborposted 4 months ago

The Senate left for their holiday recess without any serious negotiation of changes at the border even though Biden signaled he would accept changes that absolutely outraged immigration groups (and would have been sued for). 

Why would Republicans negotiate good faith? This issue is something they can take on the campaign trail.  I mean Chip Roy (R) said it best when he  reminded everyone that they have nothing else of substance or value that they can point to as accomplishment.  So they will do what they do best... whiny grievance.
    They know full well that many Americans do not understand the complexities of immigration law so our they will go to harp on border issues knowing they themselves have ignored them.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)