jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Why do many feel black-on-white crime is being hushed by the National Media?

1. DonnyBoy profile image57
    DonnyBoyposted 8 years ago

Why do many feel black-on-white crime is being hushed by the National Media?

A white teen named Brian was called racial names and finally attacked and beaten by a group of black teenagers the other day. He feels it happened because he is white dating a black girl.The boy's father opinions said what he felt a deafening silence from the community, police and the national media.

2. SheriSapp profile image59
    SheriSappposted 8 years ago

Ummm-maybe because it is.  It is the same thing as people who think blacks can't be prejudiced.  Unless the story somehow advances the liberal agenda (big, mean, white people have everything) then the mainstream media doesn't even report about it.

3. someonewhoknows profile image76
    someonewhoknowsposted 8 years ago

Where do you live? A big city? Did you file a police report?
    How can  I know if what you say is even factual I have only your word for it. I agree that it should be news but the media is controlled anyway.I know of a place where I worked being robbed as having been a fact ,yet it wasn't in the news for obvious reasons business reasons.

4. DARICANMAMI profile image55
    DARICANMAMIposted 8 years ago

Racism is alive and well you can see it in the answers to your question. I have asked 3 questions on this and only one has answers and that was (IS IT OK TO DATE OUT OF YOUR RACE). We are in 2009 and you can turn on your T.V. and see a show on Skin Heads and KKK on A&E just about every night. You dont see any other race haters I'm not here to say it's only whites or blacks.  But if you really take a step back racism is every where you look some do it behind closed doors and others out in the open. If it's a teenager dating out of their race and the parents or peers looking down on it . You have so many people that are still old school and see color lines in every day life. It makes me sick to see that much in this world hasn't really changed. Watching a HBO documentary on the Presidential Election made me see what I already knew what was out there. People talking about moven out of the U.S. if  their President is black and so many words of hate coming out. So the answer to your question is this everyone of every color hides this fact that racism is alive and really hasn't changed much at all and it is not only the mediathat does it look deep and you will see the others that do to.

5. justom profile image69
    justomposted 7 years ago

Black on white crime hushed? I don't think so, white folks for years have made a point of jailing any brother who looks at them wrong. I'm troubled by black on black crime, I never could understand that and it still happens daily.

6. mdlawyer profile image38
    mdlawyerposted 6 years ago

May be due to the politics of convenience such crimes are hushed up.