jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Are the Messages of the Demonstrators Placards getting through, if so, why and h

1. ixwa profile image85
    ixwaposted 8 years ago

Are the Messages of the Demonstrators Placards getting through, if so, why and how?

2. SheriSapp profile image61
    SheriSappposted 8 years ago

At this point, I'm really not sure.  I do think the people in Washington need a huge wake-up call about why they are there and who they actually work for.  I'm disgusted about the treatment these protestors have received fromthe mainstream media and the White House mouthpieces.

3. Ralph Deeds profile image62
    Ralph Deedsposted 8 years ago

I don't think they've convinced many people that Obama is a Nazi, a Communist, a racist or a fascist. They have raised some doubts about health care reform and his efforts to stimulate the economy.

4. LorriVick profile image57
    LorriVickposted 7 years ago

It very much depends on the messages, the placards, and the demonstrations. There are signs that stick in the memory ("Re-elect Gore!") that don't have any real political punch.Then there are signs that have so much punch, often in reverse, that the demo organizers try to disavow them. "Those racist signs aren't carried by Tea Party supporters. They'll all carried by 'liberals' who infiltrated the Party to give it a bad name!"

working