jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

When is some President going to get the balls to ...

1. dabeaner profile image55
    dabeanerposted 8 years ago

When is some President going to get the balls to ...

When is some President going to get the balls to quit that ridiculous custom of "pardoning" a Thanksgiving turkey?  It is stupid and hypocritical.  Obama almost admitted it's ridiculous, so why not just say NO?  And eat up with no phony guilt?

2. profile image0
    Jawa Lunkposted 8 years ago

Politicians will continue to follow these (along with all the other customs of their pseudo position) as long as their position exists.

The political machine is far bigger than any one part, and unlike a well oiled machine needs all of its parts to function, the governmental machine is like that in the Wizard of Oz...smoke and mirrors, with ony a few essential (and actually working) parts that ensure the rest obey its demands, and give the appearance of democracy.

There are prrofs of this if you look deeper into some of the issues which gain approval by the few and are imposed to the masses.

3. Hi-Jinks profile image61
    Hi-Jinksposted 8 years ago

Abraham Lincoln was asked the same question about a soldier condemn for cowardness.

4. JON EWALL profile image74
    JON EWALLposted 8 years ago

PRESIDENT OBAMA WILL CHANGE THIS RITUAL TOO BECAUSE HE IS THE PRESIDENT OF CHANGE.

YOU WILL NOT RECOGNISE OUR GOVERNMENT IF HE SUCCEEDS IN CHIPPING AWAY AT THE CONSTITUTION AND TAKING AWAY OUR FREEDOMS.

WAKE UP AMERICA !

5. susanlang profile image57
    susanlangposted 8 years ago

That's a good question. I agree, it's a waste of tax payer money. I mean think about it. All the time and money involved in getting on tv to do that. You have white house staff involved. Someone has to use gas and energy  just to get the turkey to the whitehouse. Then all those tv crews show up and use lots of energy plugging in their stuff and running cams. I think that groundhog gig every year is a waste too.

6. commisioner profile image58
    commisionerposted 8 years ago

it's a tradition that goes back quite a while, and is a reason to have a little fun during the start of the holiday season. it does not affect my taxes or anything else in my personal life. i don't think this is a reason for serious discussion but for a fun time to criticize or support something silly.

7. lovelypaper profile image65
    lovelypaperposted 8 years ago

I thought you were going to ask When is the President going to get the balls to.....admit that he's failing as a president and listen to the American people instead of trying to shove his views down America's throat.  Darn, that would've been a good question......

8. shriketexas profile image55
    shriketexasposted 8 years ago

Wouldn't be Politically Correct. Hear the Jack Boots coming? I do and my guns are cleaned locked and loaded.

working