Is there any deterioration in the high social values of our country

1. appam profile image60
    appamposted 8 years ago

Is there any deterioration in the high social values of our country

Of late we are facing many things which are not at all acceptable for a cultured society. we had a high respect for social values and by the recent events I doubt whether there is sudden fall in the values we observed.

2. commisioner profile image56
    commisionerposted 8 years ago

i think yes. it all started when the progressives started taking power. 1877 was the year and they slowly crept into our lives. they said they were for equality for all, and demonized the rich and successful, never letting on they were the rich ones.they slowly went on with changing little things that sorta did not matter. they changed the gun laws and took away the right to bear arms unless you had an f.i.d. card or carry permit. in the liberal states, you can own a weapon, with permission but must never have it loaded even in your home. i have a friend in mass. that has rifles he uses for hunting, and though he lives alone he must keep the rifles locked up and the ammo locked up in a different location.
    then in the early 1900's they got an income tax passed. then registration of vehicles. then excise tax for luxuries you already paid a sales tax on. it continues and the government keeps getting more into our lives.
    now their are states printing new american history books that start in 1877, the year the progressives came to be. they don't want to teach anything before that year. our children are doomed if this continues to be allowed.

3. terced ojos profile image64
    terced ojosposted 8 years ago

Pfffff....this is a gag question right?

This country has never had high social values that didn't involve racism so what "high social values" are you referring to.

Slavery, conquest, murder? Oh yeah those.

Same country, same values, different year. Oh yeah it imported those values to the current populace hence the high numbers of people now practicing them.