jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Do you think generation gap has hampered the smooth transition of social values?

1. m abdullah javed profile image79
    m abdullah javedposted 3 years ago

Do you think generation gap has hampered the smooth transition of social values?

2. profile image0
    temptor94posted 3 years ago

I think it's not the generation gap itself that hinders transition of social values, it is the attitude and rigidity of the elder person who is transitioning it. If an elder wants to impose values on a younger mind without following those same values, or expects unquestioned obedience, it tends to cause rebellion within the younger mind. Young people like to question things, so they need an understanding friend-philosopher-guide who can implant the values in them. Strict authority may not work when passing on social values to the younger generation.

3. wingedcentaur profile image84
    wingedcentaurposted 3 years ago

Hi m Abdullah javed! How's it going?

Tell me: What do you mean by the 'transition of social values'? You seem to be asking if we think something called 'the generation gap' has, in and of itself, gotten in the way of 'the smooth transition of social values.'

If by 'transition,' you are talking about a change from one thing to another, what is it that we are supposed to be moving from and what are we supposed to be moving to?

Do you mean to use the word 'transmission'? Are you asking us if we think the generation gap is interfering with the transmission of traditional social values from one generation to the next? I see, from you profile, that you are from India.

Are you asking the question for India? Do you see this interference as a global phenomena? Are you talking about the United States, England, Spain, South Africa?

And so on.

1. m abdullah javed profile image79
      m abdullah javedposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Hi wingedcentaur
      just saw your comment, thanks for the response. by transition i mean the to and fro transmission of those value which help strengthen familial and societal relationships.

working