jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Are the media lying to us, or are we just dumb.

1. zzzya profile image48
    zzzyaposted 7 years ago

Are the media lying to us, or are we just dumb.

Im confused as to where we are in America. I see thousands of people lining up to buy that IPOD- Apple gaget...(700000 sold on the 1st day). I also see how America is Economically desolate. Millions losing their jobs, foreclosures everywhere. Do we take each issue with a grain of salt or who or what should we believe?

2. profile image53
    WKoppinposted 7 years ago

Hah! Maybe asking shows that you consider first of all.
    And in all honesty, are we Supposed to have an answer? Our economic system, based on credit, has been so backwards-effective as to only Truly benefit a few without any cause for concern that we wholeheartedly accept it now. I watch the weather and that's even disputable. I see our media strain as little more than power propoganda one way or another, and should be taken as seriously as sports newscasters (i.e. not) I take away simple statements and rhetoric, and head for either a book or an internet blurb by professors for a better analysis.
    SO I guess in the end, you beleive what you want, trying to find the "right" answer might be like trying to find a healthy browny; it doesn't exist

3. bill yon profile image76
    bill yonposted 7 years ago

the media lies to us and we are dumb because we believe everything that they say.

4. LadyFae profile image73
    LadyFaeposted 6 years ago

Everything the media pass on is censored. And I don't believe that people are dumb for believing them. It's just the way the system has molded most people.