can i get my fiancee in the united states faster if i am in the military

1. profile image42
    joilposted 8 years ago

can i get my fiancee in the united states faster if i am in the military

2. commisioner profile image57
    commisionerposted 8 years ago

i'm not sure i want your fiancee here. where is he/she from? what can he/she offer to make this a better country? why don't you go to his/her country and marry there?
    we got way to many folks here already and unless they can help this country out instead of the other way around, then i say stay in your own country.
    as one of the original people, i know what too many immigrants does to a place.

3. Chuck profile image91
    Chuckposted 7 years ago

I suggest you first check the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) homepage by clicking here:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis

You should also speak with your commander as he/she may have advice as well and can probably direct you to the legal or other office which can  probably provide guidance and assistance.

Depending upon whether you are stationed in the U.S. or overseas I don't think the process will be any different than for a civilian in the U.S. seeking to bring their fiancee to the U.S.  I am basing this on the fact that when I was bringing my fiancee over, I saw men in uniform in the local USCIS office going through the process of applying to bring their fiancee to the U.S.

Good luck and thanks for your service.

working