jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

When will the USA bring the troops home from Afghanistan?

1. manthy profile image76
    manthyposted 7 years ago

When will the USA bring the troops home from Afghanistan?

It seems like it is long over due that we bring our men home, when will we end this foolish,expensive war?

2. profile image60
    foreignpressposted 7 years ago

There will be no definitive end to Afghanistan just as there will never be an end in Iraq. Likely U.S. troop withdrawal in Afghan will begin late this year or in early 2011, and total recall of troops will be completed in two years. That will coordinate loosely with the 2012 elections which the Dems want to win. The Dems merely want to say "We finished what Bush started."
       The U.S. dare not leave a skeletal presence in that region as it would be decimated. So once U.S. troops are withdrawn, Afghan will once again be subject to constant upset and puppet governments. It has nothing to export and no income source except for poppies (drugs). This entire adventure -- and billions of dollars -- will be for nothing. Yet, this country will no doubt fund another skirmish in the near future.

3. manthy profile image76
    manthyposted 7 years ago

I am  100%  in agreement with everything you said.
    Thanks Foreignpress for your feedback

4. Devon S profile image48
    Devon Sposted 7 years ago

Great question !!!!

Unfortunately, I have no idea.  Between Afghanistan and Iraq, their have been to many lives lost and no end in site. I can only hope that these wars wont drag on for many years to come............

Lets not forget the men and women who have returned home only to carry the scars of WAR with them for the rest of their lives.

I can't thank enough for their service to our country.......

5. Peace2009 profile image61
    Peace2009posted 7 years ago

Hi I'm from New Zealand & I wish all the best for the families that are missing there Fathers - I personally wish that they will all bring them home very soon. I will always pray Gods Protection for thoses that are over there. I feel for the families that are missing there partner.

6. GNelson profile image78
    GNelsonposted 7 years ago

When we attacked Iraq, we lost the war in Afghanistan.  We need to bring them home from both Iraq and Afghanistan.

7. ajuvr profile image69
    ajuvrposted 7 years ago

america is reaping what she sewn and the harvest is just begun

working