jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Is it common for politicians not to keep promises made during their campaigns, a

1. telltale profile image76
    telltaleposted 7 years ago

Is it common for politicians not to keep promises made during their campaigns, after they are...

elected?

2. nifty@50 profile image74
    nifty@50posted 7 years ago

It is very common for politicians not to keep promises they have made! Let's face it, you have constituents, special interest groups,campaign contributers and party affiliations going on, and some how you have to try to keep to your values and beliefs while trying to get bills introduced and passed while greasing enough palms to get re-elected so you can do it again for another 4 years. That old saying " politics makes for strange bed fellows" applies for sure!

3. acewebdesign profile image59
    acewebdesignposted 7 years ago

It is part of their job. They just usually disguise it as much as they can.

4. solar.power profile image56
    solar.powerposted 7 years ago

Its so common in Australia its considered standard practice. Our two major political parties have 2 kinds of promises. These are Core & Non-Core. They try not to brake the core promises but non-core are fair game

5. Pearldiver profile image79
    Pearldiverposted 7 years ago

Oh YES....

This seems to be an honest and promising question.....
    Are you going to use the info that you collect here wisely... and consider a future in politics?

Are You Sure???

6. telltale profile image76
    telltaleposted 7 years ago

Thanks to all who answered... Pearldiver, in response to your answer - no, I am not considering a future as a career politician, I have too much of a conscience to be one.  I ask this question, is to find out whether politicians in the 1st world country react the same way as those in the 3rd world, and I think I can conclude, there is basically no difference... all of them lie to get elected, in one way or another, although, I have to admit, there is a small proportion of the promises made, which are probably kept, for obvious reasons, in terms of benefits.

7. jite profile image39
    jiteposted 7 years ago

Yes it is very common,and convenient for politicians.If they fulfill the promises they made during campaigns,then  what they will promise in next elections.

8. Glenn Raymond profile image57
    Glenn Raymondposted 7 years ago

Yes, it is most assuredly common.  They do their research and know what the majority of people want to hear, so they make their promisses based on that.  This is how they get the voters to believe in them and elect them into office.  Some of their promisses, the easier ones, they may try to stick to.  For the most part though, it is all plastic grapes (looks pretty, but you cannot eat them).

working