jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Is the government the -- solution to / cause of / completely irrelevant to -- th

1. Evan G Rogers profile image75
    Evan G Rogersposted 7 years ago

Is the government the -- solution to / cause of / completely irrelevant to -- the recession

My vote is the cause of.

2. SaiKit profile image73
    SaiKitposted 7 years ago

Of course they are completely the cause of recession.

Inflation: The invisible tax that steal from the private sector--- the government pumping out paper money into the system, out of the thin air, to buy real goods and services from private sector. Isn't it stealing? See my hub: Why Buy Gold?

Synthetic jobs: They create artifical jobs that meet no real demands of the market, and use our tax dollars to fund programs that they imagine are good. Entreprenuer knows that imaginations can often lose a lot of money. But no problem, the government can over spend anytime they want. Someone will pay the bill, i.e. the entreprenuer, the true producers.

Parkinson Law: The bigger the government gets, the more they create paper work and red taps within and among its agencies and departments. Each pocket of the government increase paper work, protocols, and inter-department emails for the rest of the government, and thus justifying the needs to create more synthetic jobs to handle those increasing paper work, protocols, and emails.

Policy driven economy: Such as forcing lenders and banks to lend to the poor because they aren't supposed to "discriminate" the poor. Thus creating this subprime mortgage, foreclosure fiasco. They (Clinton) also encouraged people to invest in the Internet in the late 90s. And big businesses regularly sending lobbists to the white house to ask for legislation that seems to regulate their industry but actually favor and protect their monopolies from rising competition from small businesses.

Heap of regulations: That stand in the way of true producers but protecting the incompetence. Regulation induced economic problems end up having government to point her fingers to the "greedy capitalists" and thus the excuse to create even more regulations.

3. Joni Douglas profile image85
    Joni Douglasposted 7 years ago

Wow, I can't answer any better than SaiKit did, that response sort of said it all. This administration has changed the course of business in America.  Non-government jobs, that is the private sector, is only 42% of all American workers.  That is not sustainable.

4. Wayne Brown profile image83
    Wayne Brownposted 7 years ago

Government plays a far greater role in creating issues than curing them.  In too many instances we find the government spending money to cure a problem that the government created by spending money in another way.  The recent collapse in the housing market and the mortgage industry.  Underlying all of that was government pressure from the Clinton era to make housing more affordable for all people.  Government essentially got in the business of backing high risk junk loans in the mortgage sector to finance homes for people.  The industry in turn abused the programs by selling the houses to any and everybody who was breathing advertising such claims as "you can be living in a $500,000 home for the price of rent on a one bedroom apartment."  Obviously, there are some really dumb people out there who believed that and they also subscribed to the principle, "if it's available, I'll take one!"  The home loan process became absolutely ridiculous going from what once was almost a rectal exam to get a loan down to filling a a single sheet of paper with your name and address on it.  The government spend taxpayer money up front in support of these programs and then spend taxpayer money on the backside to try to fix the impact of it all.  Then, we have market analysts point to a drop in the housing sector...yes, a drop that never should been there.  It was a falsely created market!!!  Now, ya got me mad!  WB

5. GwenJones89 profile image56
    GwenJones89posted 7 years ago

The prior government was the problem, but given enough time we will see a change. My vote is this government will be the solution.