jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you believe that there is an impending world war within the next year or two?

1. deegle profile image60
    deegleposted 7 years ago

Do you believe that there is an impending world war within the next year or two?

2. profile image51
    meatmashposted 7 years ago

It depends on many things. I do think N korea or Iran could flex their muscles over things like Taiwan and get the world in an uproar. It's something to consider.

3. Hridyapal Bhogal profile image60
    Hridyapal Bhogalposted 7 years ago

A world war has been in coffers since ages....it is all useless..the very thought of it is useless....thing can always be solved on the table...gone are those days when kings showed their mettle by fighting such wars....but countries like US still believe in this principle......

4. MickS profile image72
    MickSposted 7 years ago

who knows, but that was the sort of stupid idea that circulated in the 60s, during the Cold War.  Rumour and sabre rattling is one of the ways governments maintain control, a way to make further reductions in civil liberties.

5. Springboard profile image80
    Springboardposted 7 years ago

I think world wars are always looming somewhere in the shadows, waiting for just the right elements to all come together at the right time to launch it. If you think about it there are currently many situations brewing which could trigger such a thing. North Korea vs. South Korea for example. Israel vs. Iran. Somewhere in this it could be plausible to see Russia and the United States in any one of these situations—though where Russia would side is questionable.

All we can do in life is simply keep our fingers crossed. But also NOT be naive to believe it can't happen, or won't.

6. ahorseback profile image60
    ahorsebackposted 7 years ago

I think that the real question of the next war is , will the next war come frm within the USA, I think, at times, that the talk of secession and individual states rights  is a primer for discourse within America. All to often I see peoples  attitudes as too scattered  , we tend to blame  Uncle sam or everything instead of looking within ourselves .