jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Anybody know anything about the state of poverty in America?

1. websclubs profile image52
    websclubsposted 7 years ago

Anybody know anything about the state of poverty in America?

2. Springboard profile image81
    Springboardposted 7 years ago

I tend to think the word "poverty" is too loosely used in the United States. If you want to see poverty, look at countries where opportunities to better oneself are non-existent and where governments truly oppress individual progress.

3. Mr. Happy profile image83
    Mr. Happyposted 7 years ago

The majority of the people on this planet live on two dollars a day or less: that's poverty!

4. ahorseback profile image61
    ahorsebackposted 7 years ago

The Appalacian mountains probably hold the most poverty level people, aside  from  the American Indian reservations, our next area that needs to be adressed , I think , is our elderly , we as a nation take lousy care of the best of our cultures, do we not?

5. Wayne Brown profile image83
    Wayne Brownposted 7 years ago

Yes, I am told that it is running Puerto Rico a very tough race for the position of the 51st "state" in the union.  Based on what is going on in Washington, I would have to say that the "state of poverty" will win out and most of us will be living there soon! WB

6. phoenix482010 profile image54
    phoenix482010posted 7 years ago

I am just about to write a hub on this very topic , The United States is not in good shape ,only 1 in 10 people are finding jobs in America, Seven million jobs were lost last two years alone, Banks are still only lending money to big Companies,not the small business man,and big companies are still getting taxed less. Gas  in the US is any where between $3.00 a gaL TO $3.75 a gal ,and is going to go up later in the year. It is going to cost tax payers 1 trillion dollars in the next two decades ,that,s what it cost to rescue the economy ,and that will be added to the National debt ...It,s going to take quite a while to pull out of their depression ,may be years ..Houses are still being sold cheap and where will it end.