jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

What would the founders of the United States say about the state of our country

1. Kasman profile image83
    Kasmanposted 5 years ago

What would the founders of the United States say about the state of our country today?

What would they do about it?

2. profile image0
    Jayfortposted 5 years ago

Benjamin Franklin was asked if the Founders had created a monarchy or a republic. He replied without hesitation, “A republic, if you can keep it.”

The United States of America is NOT a democracy. It is a federal constitutional republic.

The Founding Fathers would be dismayed at what has happened to this Nation they created and I'm certain more than a few would brutally chastise us for allowing it to falter from the course they set for it. They fought a war against a distant, unresponsive, and over-regulating government (the greatest Empire in the World) to gain freedom for themselves and their countrymen (read U.S. citizens).

This Nation has become polarized in a manner not seen in over 150 years. I served in our Nation's military and am truly saddened to see so many of its citizens in and out of government fail to understand and uphold the Constitution of the United States of America. I firmly believe we are nearing another civil war. I pray that if we do experience one, that our military forces will focus on the external threats to our Nation and let the People of this Nation resolve the internal. Otherwise, our Republic will fall.

1. Kasman profile image83
      Kasmanposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Absolutely agree with you. The founders were actually actively against democracy because of the major issues found within.They also knew the lusts of the heart, according to their writings, they set up our government to keep man out of absolute power

3. Alastar Packer profile image84
    Alastar Packerposted 5 years ago

You and Jayfort answer this question perfectly so I'll only give the short answer that they'd be speechless and unable to comprehend anything they saw as compared to what they had.

4. ib radmasters profile image62
    ib radmastersposted 5 years ago

They would probably say, which way to the United States of America?

working