Oh my!! this is just too much !!!

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (28 posts)
  1. SparklingJewel profile image67
    SparklingJewelposted 14 years ago

If anyone doesn't see the power elite at work here...you really need to be put out of your misery  big_smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqGP3Oc5MOI

1. Make  Money profile image66
      Make Moneyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The first thing they do is to do away with the Goldman Sachs main competition, Lehman Brothers and Bear Stearns.  It looks like JPMorgan is in the loop cause it has recent windfalls too.
      http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/20090717/u … 9191105600

Morgan made off like a bandit after the 1929 collapse as well.

1. ledefensetech profile image69
        ledefensetechposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Of course they did.  If you know how, you can play a collapsing market just like you can a booming one.

2. Eric Graudins profile image61
    Eric Graudinsposted 14 years ago

Oh this is magnificent.
    I've never seen it explained so simply.

3. Christoph Reilly profile image68
    Christoph Reillyposted 14 years ago

Wow.  And still the people wont get it.

4. puppascott profile image67
    puppascottposted 14 years ago

I saw this when it aired. I know I'm becoming an old, curmudgeonly, conspiracy theorist when I watch something like this and yell "See, I told you so." and I really had.

1. onthewriteside profile image60
      onthewritesideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yea...this is pretty much old news.  But unfortunately most of the Sheeple out there will never see it.  And if they do, they will just say that Glenn Beck is a loon.  But this has been fact for much longer than most people would be comfortable with knowing about.

5. AEvans profile image70
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

Holy Canoli!!! Americans that we are need to wake up. smile

6. ledefensetech profile image69
    ledefensetechposted 14 years ago

Glen Beck rocks.  I guess that's why so many people hate him.  You know we were warned about the Military, Industrial, Congressional complex decades ago.  We should have listened. 

So much for "Hope and Change".  I've said it for years, the politicians may change but the Great Game goes on.

1. onthewriteside profile image60
      onthewritesideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Amen brother!

2. puppascott profile image67
      puppascottposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Maybe the new slogan should be "Hype and Chance." We've got a lot of one and a little of the other.

1. iyoung03 profile image74
        iyoung03posted 14 years agoin reply to this

AHAHAHAHA!! I like that.  Maybe someone should have pointed out that not all change is good.

7. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

That is how I understand it to be... very good link!

8. Jewels profile image81
    Jewelsposted 14 years ago

Is this why the US dollar isn't as bad as it should be? Technically US is sort of bankrupt, well the general public seem to be.  I don't understand what's propping up the dollar.  Can someone explain that to me so I can understand?

1. puppascott profile image67
      puppascottposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Change. Pocket change, that is.

1. Jewels profile image81
        Jewelsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So even though the money is gone, it's still there, because the Fed printed more and gave it to Sachs. Sachs and AIG (Sachs) has it all in their pocket?

2. Eric Graudins profile image61
      Eric Graudinsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Other countries (ie China) buying the IOU's that the US is issuing.
      And the Chinese already have so much money invested in the US, that they probably see the US as being "too big to fail".
      Now - where have we heard that before ??

Oh, and also  "Quantitative Easing", which is double dutch for switching the currency printing presses to  "Full steam ahead".

1. Jewels profile image81
        Jewelsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So does China own Sachs (or Sachs own China?) Or is that the next chess move? Or neither of the two and the CEO's are lining their pockets before China take over?

3. Make  Money profile image66
      Make Moneyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Countries that trade with the US have had to print money so their currency doesn't rise too much compared to the US dollar.  At the last G8 other countries also promised bail out money.  Canada promise 50 billion to our banks and even the auto industry, even though there might not be much of an auto industry left here when all this is finished.  That's two of the main ways the US dollar is being propped up.  Other countries had to print money back when the US printed money to pay for the Vietnam war too.

Here's a petition to Audit the Fed.

Absolutely correct, that's why everyone's currencies have been devalued since before WW II.

1. SparklingJewel profile image67
          SparklingJewelposted 14 years agoin reply to this

How sad! we even lead as a country when we are screwing up everything...that's not exactly the way it is suppose to be working?!!? The Spirit of America is intended to be a guiding light...someone stuck a red light bulb in that socket :C

But... I will never give up, I will never turn back, I will never submit, I will bear the flame of freedom unto the victory!! big_smile

9. profile image60
    logic,commonsenseposted 14 years ago

Or maybe a house of cards.  Credit cards that is.

10. Jewels profile image81
    Jewelsposted 14 years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bsACESB … re=related

This Glenn Beck vid includes an interview with Ron Paul and for the first time I've actually heard someone from the hierarchy (congress) want transparency and they want to see the paper trail of the 7 trillion.  This is my major question that I've wanted answers to 18 months ago. Why can't the US people get transparency here. 

Perhaps this is the push to make it happen.  I'm hoping Obama is pressured so much by putting his mouth where his mouth is (not money) and swallow the fact he's been given $1M from Goldman Sachs, and just get the transparency happening.

Watcha recon to that?

11. bgpappa profile image78
    bgpappaposted 14 years ago

Whats amazing about this forum is even Glen Beck's description acknowledes that most of what happened occured under Bush and Paulson.

Also very interesting that Beck got this entire piece from a Rolling Stone article.  Here is the link to the Rolling Stone article: http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/st … le_machine

I don't agree with bailing out these huge corporations, but at least lets get the facts right.  Of course Goldman Sachs has paid back all the TARP money.  Now we just need the AIG money.

Which goes to show that the party doesn't matter.  Both parties are beholden to the same group of elites.  So your precious Communist President won't save you either.

1. Kelley Eidem profile image46
        Kelley Eidemposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The reason GS was able to pay back the money, and look like "good guys" in the process is that AIG was made to pay GS with the money it received from the TARP bailout.

Meanwhile GS profits have soared, in large part due to their ability to manipulate the commodities markets. For instance, on July 7th of thi year GS and JP Morgan bank held 32% of the short contracts on silver. 32%!! No company should be allowed to hold as much as 1%.

Paulson got the ball rolling, for sure. The present administration has doubled down or more accurately quadrupled down.

12. SparklingJewel profile image67
    SparklingJewelposted 14 years ago

It is great we are all recognizing these things in their many faceted manifestations...now what do we do about it?

Well, for one thing, I am on the bandwagon for Audit of the Fed. Not sure whether I would vote for Ron Paul, but I am on this wagon.

Another thing I have always done, was to not "join" any groups until  I spent a lot of time investigating them...even then you never know what you may be involved in, or how that group might "evolve" into something else!

And the top point, is to never trust anyone completely, especially those running government, in education, healthcare  or big business. Humans are fallible, so we must always keep our guard up.

I don't consider myself paranoid, just prudent, and getting wiser all the time big_smilebig_smilebig_smile

For people in government right now, Ron Paul is your best bet. He is what is known as a minarchist, not an anarchist like myself, but I think he's the best bet we have to contain this madness.  Even if we only went as far a Paul thinks we should we'd solve the problem for our time.  I worry about the future though.  We started with the Constitution and ended up here.  When you get right down to it, the Constitution is just words and we all have to agree to play by the rules.  We haven't done that for a very long time, indeed if we ever even did play by the rules in the first place.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)