jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Does the world have the mindset to go green in the next decade?

1. profile image48
    Noondaysnailposted 7 years ago

Does the world have the mindset to go green in the next decade?

I would love to think that, in the years to come soon, the common sense poeple will come out of hiding.

2. DStettler profile image60
    DStettlerposted 7 years ago

if I could put one word for an answer it would be no. But because hub pages wont let one word be sufficient I guess I must say more. Sadly the world isn't going to go for it. Too many people rely on too many things that say green is a no-go. And to go for green things is only more expensive so again they retreat from it.

3. Daniel J. Neumann profile image60
    Daniel J. Neumannposted 7 years ago

Noon Day’s Nail,

The world has the correct mindset. The majority of people understand something is wrong with the climate. It'll only get worse.

The power-to-be, the corporate energy and financing sector—now that's another story all together. If they can help it (or, in this case, hurt it), there'll never be a green industry. Who’s got all the money?

At the end of the day, the best renewable energy didn't have to be invented. We've got a working fusion reactor at the center of our solar system. All we need to do is harness it.

Besides the fact that nobody owns the sun, it would be a product (or service) of abundance. Economics 101 tells you as rarity decreases, so does value (and, thus, profit). So you tell me, Noon Day's Nail. What’s rarer these days: sunlight or oil?

Thanks for the great question,

Dan

4. Ruchira profile image78
    Ruchiraposted 7 years ago

There is definitely awareness amongst the people when they are using the natural resources of our planet and that awareness is the key to freedom of all miseries. Yes, I agree that man is addicted to many gadgets but I feel awareness can bring in the guilt feeling and that could curb our usage.

5. profile image58
    ThePeeDeeWildcatposted 7 years ago

When and if the day ever arrives that a supposed "green" method of energy usage and consumption becomes cheaper for individuals and business around the globe, then people will have a "green" mindset. For example, most people will not and cannot pay $40,000 for a Chevy Volt as long as they're able to buy another vehicle for substantially less (even though that vehicle may not be perceived as being environmentally friendly). Lower the price of the Chevy Volt in half and attitudes will begin to change.

working