jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Your friend and her, or his~ husband/wife are having a fist fight.Do you not get

1. gg.zaino profile image81
    gg.zainoposted 7 years ago

Your friend and her, or his~ husband/wife are having a fist fight.Do you not get involved, jump in,

What is the responsibility of bystanders when witnessing physical abuse between the sexes?

2. ahorseback profile image59
    ahorsebackposted 7 years ago

Step in , be the hero , stop the fight. Thats the right thing too do, remember a time when "A man never hits a woman"?

3. Musique profile image72
    Musiqueposted 7 years ago

NO!  Stay out of it.  It's not your fight.

4. LillyGrillzit profile image79
    LillyGrillzitposted 7 years ago

A "fistfight" is one thing, a beating is another. These two people are in a personal contract to be in their Union...everyone else is a scab, and is crossing a line.

5. SteveoMc profile image73
    SteveoMcposted 7 years ago

If someone is fighting in your presence, then they have made it your business.   You should try to bring them to their senses.   If this does not work, then you should warn them that you are about the call the police.   If this does not work, then call the police.

6. jdomingo profile image60
    jdomingoposted 7 years ago

Violence solves nothing...let me repeat violence SOLVES N-O-T-H-I-N-G.  Step in, if they can not resolve their matter like civil adults
    1. maybe they shouldn't be together, much less married
    2. they are intoxicated and should be stopped regardless
    3. they are really REALLY angry at each other and is best to have some time apart to cool down and talk civilly

Either way break the fight up some way all it takes is ONE punch to land in the wrong spot to have a disfigured face, broken bones, or worse brain damage.  So yeah step in.

7. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

if i saw a friend hitting his wife, first off our friendship would end right there. violence doesn't help so it's stupid to do it. i personally would step in and separate them but that's just me.

Closed to reply