jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Will the Republicans take back the house in 2012

1. Limozeen profile image57
    Limozeenposted 7 years ago

Will the Republicans take back the house in 2012

2. John B Badd profile image60
    John B Baddposted 7 years ago

It is possible due to the disdain for our current officials.  However I think the Tea Party candidates that many see as the Republicans saving grace may be their downfall on Election Day.  Many of them are unknown to us but the opposition surly has hold of their closeted skeletons and is just waiting for the right time to discredit them. 
    Time will tell if I am right or wrong.

3. wingedcentaur profile image82
    wingedcentaurposted 7 years ago

I'm going to say no to taking back the House of Representatives. The Senate is a different matter. Congressmen represent districts, and in so doing are more accountable to people directly. I think the House, almost by its nature calls for more progressive representation (all politics are local) than the senate (all one hundred of which sees himself or herself as a future president -- they're thinking more "long-term."

There is no Republican resurgence or insurgency despite this Tea Party movement, which are not providing any new ideas.

4. Freeway Flyer profile image91
    Freeway Flyerposted 7 years ago

Writing this just a few days before the election, I am leaning toward yes. And if they don't, it will be very close. Mid-terms are often bad news for the party in power, especially during tough economic times. Republicans have also done a good job of obstructing Obama as much as possible and getting out their message that he is a typical big government liberal. It will then be interesting to see which party does the best job of blaming the other for everything over the next two years.