Trump's Grip on His GOP Minions

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (93 posts)
  1. peoplepower73 profile image81
    peoplepower73posted 24 months ago

It's payback time for Trump.  He is endorsing primary candidates who are loyal to his "stop the steal" movement and they are winning in his battleground states.  He is like the pied piper with his following of "Trumpets." This is serious business.  He is putting these people into to play in his political arena.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics … li=BBnb7Kz

1. Credence2 profile image80
      Credence2posted 24 months agoin reply to this

It is disasterous, Mike. The nut case Blake Masters is actually taken seriously in the Grand Canyon state.

Republicans are going hard core and extremist which make them better targets for Democrats. Let's hope saner minds prevail next November.

2. abwilliams profile image67
      abwilliamsposted 24 months agoin reply to this

Love it! Somebody needs to fix this big ole mess which the Dems have created.
      Throw the bums out, let us start anew!

3. Miebakagh57 profile image69
      Miebakagh57posted 23 months agoin reply to this

Americans at this time should use common sense to vote for a better candidate.                                     The last November decision between Donald Trump, and Joseph Biden, was done on party basis, and that spelt doom. God save  America!

2. Sharlee01 profile image89
    Sharlee01posted 24 months ago

WASHINGTON (AP) — A political shift is beginning to take hold across the U.S. as tens of thousands of suburban swing voters who helped fuel the Democratic Party’s gains in recent years are becoming Republicans.

More than 1 million voters across 43 states have switched to the Republican Party over the last year, according to voter registration data analyzed by The Associated Press. The previously unreported number reflects a phenomenon that is playing out in virtually every region of the country — Democratic and Republican states along with cities and small towns — in the period since President Joe Biden replaced former President Donald Trump."

Republicans are doing well because this administration is doing poorly. It has nothing to do with extremist policies.  ---       People, Republicans, and Democrats are starting to suffer under Biden, living on credit, and borrowing cash on their homes to make ends meet. We have just had stats on credit card debt, it's staggering, unprecedented. This will only get worse by Nov. 

Many will care very little about ideologies and will vote with their wallet.   Many may remember how they generally lived better under Trump. Felt safer, and felt America was on the right track.

So, many will put ideologies aside, and turn to common sense in Nov. Just hoping to return America to some form of stability.  Can't imagine anything but a sweep.

One must face it, we have watched the Democrats run the country into the ground. So, we will have a hard choice, and I doubt whether many would want to stay with a party that is so destructive.  It's not even that the Dems ideologies are not attractive. They just don't use any common sense on how to achieve their goals. In my view, the Democrats in Washington have become a very scary bunch. This administration does not solve problems, they ignore them, and not sure why they did not realize we all, Dems and rep have been left to live with all the messes they are ignoring. 

So, I would be wiser not to worry so much about extremists, and worry more about the current administration spinning out of control.?

1. MizBejabbers profile image88
      MizBejabbersposted 24 months agoin reply to this

If this is true and there are "droves of Democrats"turning to the Republican Party, then Trumplicans better watch out. It just may turn into a party of moderates, which is just what this country needs. I'll admit that the Democrat Party has suffered from its extremists like Bernie, AOC and Omar and really needs a lesson in down to earth politics just as the Republicans need to be reminded that not everyone wants to live under Trumplicans' extremism. Case in point, the recent election in Kansas in which the voters of this conservative state rejected a Constitutional Amendment that would put an end to abortion in their state.
      The Dems can't seem to make up their mind about what they want. I, for one, do worry about extremists -- of both parties. I don't really care what a party calls itself, if all the moderates of both parties want to consolidate in one party and let the extremists have the rest, I really don't care what name they call themselves.

1. Sharlee01 profile image89
        Sharlee01posted 24 months agoin reply to this

You have offered some common sense alternatives. I must say you always do...  Now, we need to weed out extremists on both sides. I think many share your sentiments.

"Case in point, the recent election in Kansas in which the voters of this conservative state rejected a Constitutional Amendment that would put an end to abortion in their state."

I think many Republicans like myself look at abortion as a human right and don't see it as a political tool that will pull republicans to the "other side".
        We are concerned more about bread and butter problems, the economy, the border, the Government spending, crime, drugs pouring in, and yes proxy wars. 

I think that the great divide is due to diverse ideologies.

2. Fayetteville Faye profile image61
        Fayetteville Fayeposted 24 months agoin reply to this

I believe the vote in Kansas was the reverse. The state had abortion rights already written into their constitution. The vote was to get rid of them. Once the abortion protections were cast out of the Constitution, well we all know what the Republican legislature there would have done.

Republican is one thing but MAGA is quite another.  I can't see folks voting for these clowns who are running under the Republican label.  The party has been overrun by the far right and those who continue to spread lies and conspiracy theories. One only needs to look at the candidates on the ballot. They've infiltrated, you probably have several in your own state. One is crazier than the next.  These people aren't normal and I certainly don't think they're going to win many votes, especially when their entire campaigns seem to center around election fraud and other debunked theories. Other than that they zero in on culture war issues and that's about it. I've heard nothing of substance from any of them.

1. abwilliams profile image67

You say these Republicans running aren't normal and one is crazier than the next....based on what?
        What is your idea of normal?
        What is your idea of crazy?
        Do you think aborting babies and tirelessly working in order for even more babies to be killed, is normal?
        The Democratic Party's name is all over this and will go down in history as such!
        Is it normal for biological males to want to compete against biological females and is it abnormal when females say, hey wait a minute!?
        Is it perfectly normal for a political party, again, the Democratic Party to make law to protect the male's rights while simultaneously taking away a female's? The very few females who do choose to speak out...are they the crazy, abnormal ones? When they don't fall in line with what today's Democratic party tells them is "normal", are they to be considered the fringe? Sent to the dark side...the "crazy" side, the Republican side, as their punishment?
        After we found out that George Floyd died from a fentanyl overdose, after half the country went crazy destroying everything in sight, thinking a white cop had killed him, was it crazy that the destruction which took place was just left to lie - many police precincts and buildings and businesses never recovered, never rebuilt! Why?
        Many of the most abused cities (all led by Democrats, incidentally).....have never gone back to anything close to "normal"! Curious!?!
        Who would want to be a police officer in any of these cities, they would have to be crazy, agreed or not really?
        Which is more crazy to you that BLM profited tremendously over George Floyd dying, becoming millionaires or that so many poor people sent them their hard-earned last dime thinking they were really making a difference?
        There has been a lot of crazy, abnormal behavior taking place in this Country, just curious what it is about the new crop of Republicans that makes them seem "crazy", "abnormal" to you, Faye?

1. Fayetteville Faye profile image61

Oh my, you believe that George Floyd died of a fentanyl overdose?  That certainly is not what the coroner determined.
          Also, one only needs to listen to the candidates on the midterm ballot to understand that the majority aren't connected to reality.
          Herschel Walker talking about ‘there’s no point in cleaning up the atmosphere because dirty air from China will just float over here anyways.’

Blake Masters in Arizona saying that January 6th was a false flag operation set up by the FBI and he would be very open to investigating.
          15 QAnon-linked candidates have won key primaries in 2022. The GOP and its leaders are embracing them.
          John Gibbs in Michigan openly talks about Hillary Clinton performing satanic rituals. 
          And of course the majority of them are running on election denial and all the debunked claims of election fraud. You only need to listen to any of the Trumpist candidates to understand they do not have a grasp on reality.

Faye, I must ask, why is it that very rarely do you respond to the subject of my comment? I was pointing out -- More than 1 million voters across 43 states have switched to the Republican Party over the last year.

I went on to point out that Republicans when voting may care very little about ideologies such as abortion, but will more likely vote with their wallet. I pointed out some may remember how they generally lived better and felt safer under Trump. those Republicans that voted for Biden could be having buyer's remorse. Just having watched the Democrats run the country into the ground. So,  I doubt whether many would want to stay with a party that has been so destructive to the country.

I feel Republicans will be out in record numbers, and I feel, they will vote party over the person. I would think most are well over all that is Democrat at this point. And yes I assume many MAGA candidates will head to Washington.

Republicans have come out in record numbers to vote in primaries, and I think they will come out in strength in Nov.

I am not sure of what candidates you refer to, you have lumped them all together.  Your comment seems almost hysterical, using words like infiltrated, calling a large group of candidates crazy, people aren't normal. So it's hard to respond to.

Which candidates have made mention of election fraud in their campaigns?  I can't agree or disagree when I don't know who you're referring to.

I am confident in saying every single state has election deniers running under the Republican Party.  There would be far too many to list. The candidates gaining most national attention for their outrageous statements are Dr oz, Masters in colorado, Lake in arizona, Mastriano in Pennsylvania,  Mr hillbilly elegy himself JD Vance who has flip flopped more than a catfish coming up out of the water, Liz Cheney's primary opponent is a rabid election denier. You have a multitude in your own state. Your Republican candidate for governor is an election denier and a wild conspiracy theorist.  Along with John Gibbs who defeated, with Democrats help, a very mainstream Conservative Republican named Meijer. Democrats  seem to be taking the strategy that boosting these far right wing candidates is a good bet as  they won't get the votes when up against someone of someone who has a grasp of reality.
          Have you looked at Kristina Karamo on your state?  An election denier as well as a supporter of some pretty crazy conspiracy theories about human sacrifice and God's intention for gay people.
          This midterm will be absolutely riddled with crazy candidates.
          You are living in a free state right now, I caution you in ushering in these extremists. Take it from someone who lives in an oppressed environment, you will not like it.

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/ar … -primaries

My, you have mentioned many... I will pick one that really sticks out due to her claims about what she claims to have witnessed the night of the 2020 election. She gave many interviews, and told her story, she was well-spoken and very adamant about what she saw, and what she did on the spot when she saw what she felt were residencies. This woman was at the polls as a Democrat, she voted for Biden!

Karamo, describe that she saw illegal ballots being tallied for Joe Biden at the TCF Center in Detroit.  She testified before the State Senate that sacks of votes inexplicably had been dropped off there in the middle of Election Night, and a few other claims.

She was smeared, called a liar for many weeks, and left media have clearly worked hard to ruin her life.

She has since become a republican, and an outspoken voice for the party. She has not backed down on what she claimed to have seen.   There have been many untruths spread by the media in regard to her statements.  She is a Trump supporter and has never backed down on what she claims she saw. 

So, I am not sure it is fair to say she follows conspiracy theories.

It is sad to see some Americans are so willing to pick up torches and go after someone that just does not agree with them.  This kind of mindset in my view is dangerous, unfair, and shows a true lack of intelligence. To be led by the media and to believe anything they dish up is just very unfair. 

In my opinion, the media has lost its lure, and people are waking up to see through all the fog.   Feel assured, that I research anyone I vote for. I dig deep and have become aware to not take much of what I hear and see from media as truth. I do respect media that quote full context, and not a few words from a quote. I have found that it is harder to find media reports that use names, and quotes, but there are outlets that do still respect the truth, and are more careful in their reporting. I just am very much against misinformation of any form.

peoplepower73posted 24 months agoin reply to this

This video argues that the threat to the U.S. is coming from within, as Republicans aligned with former President Trump work to upend a core of our democracy, that the president is chosen by the will of the voters.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/how-a … -democracy

First, my comment shared I don't appreciate compartmentalizing. So, not sure why you shared this clip of an interview where someone certainly works hard to compartmentalize people.  I just find that so dangerous.

However, I took the time to listen, and also read the transcript. In my opinion, It seems pretty far out there.  I would also say, this man has really gone out on a limb by thinking "we the people would put up with the kind of election interference he speaks of.  His assumptions tend to insult Republican representatives without giving cause.

I can see the danger in this sort of conspiracy. It insults half of the Americans and points a very accusatory finger at the Republican party, which could result in deepening the divide.

At best this man has developed a conspiracy that thus far does not hold water. I find it somewhat insulting that he feels Republicans would put up with the form of election fraud he has stated.

This kind of crap could start a civil war. His undertones are pretty clear. Republicans are not to be trusted, and all should expect they will commit fraud to win the next election. These conspiracies can be destructive in so many ways.

I can only say to each their own.   I will stop there. I am not up for being banned or insulting this man just because I have a keyboard.

PS. If any of his fears come to fruition, I will change parties.

Here is what I have gathered from this forum thus far.  If you are a Trumper, than you are more concerned about your wallet, than moral justice 

You are willing to go along with Trump's conspiracy theory about who stole the election.  Trump and his supporters believe the election was stolen by Biden.  I believe that Trump was trying to steal the election from Biden. 

The candidates that Trump has endorsed are running on that platform of Trump's conspiracy and big lies and half of this country has bought into them.  However, they are all grateful, and beholden to Trump as they have kissed his ring as Trump amniotes them.

They now owe their allegiance to him.  He is  just like any mafia boss.  That's how Trump rolls. Trump and Bannon have created a huge movement that will change government as we know it and I don't believe it will be for the better. I believe that any movement that is based on lies and immorality should not succeed.  But then what do I know.

On the bright side, Trump and all his his people, including the Jan. 6 insurrectionists may all end up behind bars.  They have indicted and sentenced several of his people who attacked the capitol and  tried to overthrow our government based on Trump's  conspiracy theories and fake electors.

But no, let's just move on from there because you and they are more concerned about your wallets than morality and justice for all.

"Here is what I have gathered from this forum thus far.  If you are a Trumper, than you are more concerned about your wallet, than moral justice"

Part right, I think when republican's vote  (IMO)  vote for a president or representative on issues other than morel issues.  As an example for me, abortion would be at the very bottom of my list.  Yes, the economy is high on my list, it enables me to live well, as I strived to do throughout
                    my life.

"You are willing to go along with Trump's conspiracy theory about who stole the election.  Trump and his supporters believe the election was stolen by Biden.  I believe that Trump was trying to steal the election from Biden. "

OK, now I get to assume, as you have in regards to "Trumper's".  Bidunces seem to find it very easy, and comfortable to compartmentalize. Even though this characteristic is pointed out frequently.

Now to address your thought  --- Some Trump supporters truely do beleive fraud occurred, and the election was fraudulent.  Some don't and have turned away from trump and will not support him, and there are some that are willing to still support Trump due to feeling he was a good president. As you see we have several compartments...

I assume there are several kinds of Democrats, and independents too.

"The candidates that Trump has endorsed are running on that platform of Trump's conspiracy and big lies and half of this country has bought into them.  However, they are all grateful, and beholden to Trump as they have kissed his ring as Trump amniotes them."

I am not able to say all the candidates Trump supports have voiced an opinion on the 2020 election. I know several in my state thanked him for his endorsement and can say they never have brought up the 2020 election. So, I suppose you can read into an endorsement. But I think it is fair to look at an individual candidate, listen to what they say, and have a look at their agenda. You may want to consider many republicans truely appreciate Trump as a problem solver and a good president.

I don't feel it fair to say candidates will step in line with Trump's agenda.

I myself do not feel the election was stolen or fraudulent. But you are correct many do believe the election was fraudulent.

" I believe that any movement that is based on lies and immorality should not succeed.  But then what do I know."

I am not sure what you can do. I would think all you can do is vote. This country seems to correct itself when needed. Perhaps have a bit of faith in Americans. Just a bit of friendly advice -- I can tell you insulting a large part of our population won't really help change anything. Only work to further the divide. I see your concerns and share some of them.

Yes, as I have said if crimes were committed Trump, and anyone that broke laws will be indited. I trust the DOJ.

I have not been able to really find much about the fake electors.

I am not interested in moral justice, I am leaving that up to our law enforcement agencies. I don't feel it moral to accuse and punish one without the person being proven to have broken any law.
                    Don't you see any unfairness in this regard?

Ms. Karamo appears to be a card carrying member of Q Anon.

https://www.bridgemi.com/michigan-gover … onference.

She  has been found to have made a number of wild claims, including describing abortion as a "satanic practice" and the suggestion that demonic possession can be sexually transmitted.

https://www.newsweek.com/kristina-karam … mp-1721390

Take a listen to her podcast sometime, it is absolutely insane.

A quote:

"But having intimate relationships with people who are demonically possessed or oppressed—I strongly believe that a person opens themselves up to possession. Demonic possession is real."

She also tweeted that:
              "  it has been proven that it was flipping votes from Trump to Biden, after the forensic audit."  She is a devout election denier. Is this someone who should be in charge of State elections?

https://twitter.com/KristinaKaramo/stat … 6124B3ee0Q

She is either suffering from some mental difficulties herself or she is just capitalizing on the crazy conspiracy trend that is required to gain the Trump stamp of approval.

Very scary for your state indeed.  This is a woman who has jumped on the crazy train to grifterville.
              I imagine she will be trounced in her election.

Faye:  That's because everything that Sharlee posts has been thoroughly researched.

Thanks for that Faye

3. MizBejabbers profile image88
              MizBejabbersposted 23 months agoin reply to this

So why was this not blown all over the news? I searched and could not find anything on this alleged person. I did see stories about alleged dropping off of ballots in the night, but these allegations were investigated and found to be legitimate ballots sent to be counted under ordinary circumstances by legitimate ballot counters.

Sharlee01posted 23 months agoin reply to this

I have no idea if Karamo was being truthful. I just shared what I knew about her, and my view that many are looking deeper into who they vote for. I have become very careful to run with media fodder.

This woman is running for a seat in Michigan, i have looked into her background, and some of the statements she has made. She has made several statements about abortion being a satanic ritual. I found that odd at best until I discovered she has a master's in religious studies.

Her past remarks in my view relate heavily to religion. So, for me, I won't be voting for her. I prefer Government and religion don't mix.

The main thrust of my comment was to say --- do some research before condemning media fodder, and stay away from conspiracies.

I was not in any respect saying one way or another if her accusations were true. I certainly have no way of knowing that.

She claimed that she was never even questioned by the DOJ or the FBI on her claims. I have no way of knowing if that's true. I am not willing to say it is her that is being untruthful. As of late, I see a lot of misleading reports from the media, and no one from law enforcement has stepped up with any statements about her story.

I believe in fairness... Just funny that way.

2. abwilliams profile image67

You're oppressed? How?

I have no problem with this kind of obsession.  Faye has stayed on the subject of the thread. However, it only seems fair to compartmentalize all into one group.   I don't like to converse unless having individuals to discuss.  Just seems like a type of hysteria to lump all into one "basket of deplorable".

"Oppressed" is a very heavy and harsh word, a serious charge, I'd really like to hear some specifics of how Faye is oppressed in the U.S.A., specifically, in her state.

Oh, I know where you are coming from. I think Faye has shared in that comment that she truely has the view the people that are running under the "trump banner" will usher in an oppressive form of Government.

It's hard to comprehend why, conservatives are for less Government overreach, and would not consider putting up with any form of oppression. I just can't comprehend how many on the left have adopted this stance on Republicans/conservatives. It is clear they are no longer understanding much about what republicans/conservatives stand for, and have for decades.

I would think some would see Republicans are really pissed off about the present administration and the overreach they have been trying to exhibit.  Why in the world would they not see we don't do oppression, and won't support any administration that exhibits it?

I will be interested to learn what is going on in Faye's state that makes her feel oppressed.

So very true Sharlee!

2. Credence2 profile image80

"More than 1 million voters across 43 states have switched to the Republican Party over the last year."

With so many reproductive rights on the chopping block, those 1 million and many more may switch back. I would not boast too much yet, politics can change like the weather,

Yes, I boasted a bit. However, my main point, and just my conservative view but we worry about true bread and butter issues. To bypass, all the problems that affect our lives daily. Just not people that will even consider shooting off our foot or one issue that can be ultimately solved with voting out legislators.

3. Kathleen Cochran profile image76
      Kathleen Cochranposted 23 months agoin reply to this

"hoping to return America to some form of stability" Ask the rest of the world if Trump provided stability?

1. Readmikenow profile image94
        Readmikenowposted 23 months agoin reply to this

Anybody honest person who reads the difference between what was happening in the world during the presidency of Donald J. Trump and that of biden will realize the world was far more stable. 

Guess what? China wasn't threatening Tiwan, and the Russians didn't invade Ukraine, those are just two things.

peoplepower73posted 23 months agoin reply to this

RMN;  China has always threatened Taiwan, even under Trump  and Putin continued his annexation of  Crimea under Trump..

You're a little confused on your history.

Trust me I know about Ukraine.

The Annexation and Crimea and the breakaway republics occurred during the obama administration.

China was NEVER this aggressive when President Trump was in office.  Not even close. China NEVER got away with so much when President Trump was in office.  China owns biden and his son hunter.

2. DrMark1961 profile image97
        DrMark1961posted 23 months agoin reply to this

Ask a Ukranian or a person from Taiwan? Great idea.

3. abwilliams profile image67
        abwilliamsposted 23 months agoin reply to this

Yes, yes he did, but we aren't stable now....the world isn't stable now, is it Miss Kathleen?

ab:  So Putin attacks Ukraine and China wants to takeover Taiwan and it's all  Biden's fault? Both of those aggressive acts have been going on for years.  But you want to blame Biden for them.  There are always unstable countries in the world, even under Trump.

The question was, "ask the rest of the world if Trump provided stability."
            That's what I was responding to.
            There wasn't a question about Biden.

3. abwilliams profile image67
    abwilliamsposted 24 months ago

So religious people are the ones you see as abnormal? Former military?
    You aren't clear.

4. Credence2 profile image80
    Credence2posted 24 months ago

After this much time, Darth Vader still has the last word and when he speaks people listen....

https://news.yahoo.com/dick-cheney-torc … 08029.html

He is absolutely chilling and pulls no punches.

Oh my, this is classic --- he certainly could not win a prize for truth. ( hint does the words weapons of Mass destruction ring a bell? or how about this doozy, let's not forget his assurances that the war in Iraq would end quickly and cheaply. )   I will say the apple did not fall far from the tree. 

Not sure why anyone would feel Dick Chenny would be an asset. I guess she has a poor grasp of old dad's history in Washington.

5. Fayetteville Faye profile image61
    Fayetteville Fayeposted 24 months ago

Viktor Orbán speaking at CPAC says a whole lot about where the MAGA party wants to take America.  A Russian loving, xenophobic, racist, Nazi adjacent, authoritarian leader is who they are looking to for inspiration.
    From his speech:

“If you separate Western civilization from its Judaeo-Christian heritage, the worst things in history happen," he said.

"Let’s be honest, the most evil things in modern history were carried out by people who hated Christianity. Don’t be afraid to call your enemies by their name. You can’t play safe but they will never show mercy.”

“Politics are not enough. This war is a culture war," he added"

This man who talks about the evils of "race mixing" and thinks that the governments of Russia and China are models for the world was given a standing ovation.

I saw the story, and I am not well reassured the CPAC, the Texas Governor and an important part of the Republican following offer warm welcome to an autocratic, authoritarian example that they seem to want to emulate here in America.

The words regarding Christianity are utter nonsense from this tyrant, Victor Orban. Seems like the most evil things in the world are from those that want to impose their religious beliefs on others.

6. Fayetteville Faye profile image61
    Fayetteville Fayeposted 24 months ago

Election denial is one of the requirements to get Mr Trump's endorsement. Those endorsed by him certainly talk about it openly and often. I don't think I have witnessed one Trump backed candidate quiet on that issue.

At Least 120 Republican Nominees Deny The Results Of The 2020 Election

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/at … -november/

These people cannot hold office. What other issues will they find too difficult to accept the actual truth and push new lies? Anytime you don't like something, just deny its existence? 

But let's chalk one up for truth today as Alex Jones's jury came in with a 45 million damage judgment against him to be awarded to the Sandy Hook families he has terrorized for far too long.

I would think you are correct, I would think denial would be a requirement. However, I can't say with impunity as you have that this is the case for all of the people he endorses. Nor can  I say these candidates verbally came out and are deniers. They do talk about Trump and seem appreciative of his endorsement. Why does this bother you?

These candidates are just in primaries, they need to win to push any agenda Trump's or otherwise. It's up to Americans to vote.

"These people cannot hold office." 

How will they be stopped if they win their elections? If the majority votes for them do you propose we do what you have accused Trump of?  Or should we start investigations on any and all Republicans that win their election? 

The Democrats surely did just that to Trump and investigated him before he even walked into the office. Personally, I am tired of hearing liberal hypocrisy. I feel they talk to hear themselves talk, and nothing much registers as common sense to me. It all blends into what registers to me as hysteria.

Or perhaps we accept the majority vote, and respect the outcomes?

Or perhaps we just start investigating any and all that won, as we did with Trump.

Is it not wiser to see how it goes, and if we see blatant problems we get them out legally?  The people have a voice, and we have always had a way of being heard.

7. Kathleen Cochran profile image76
    Kathleen Cochranposted 24 months ago

A litmus test for your personal judgement: Trump.

8. Kathleen Cochran profile image76
    Kathleen Cochranposted 24 months ago

Trump broke the rules of civility from day one as a candidate. How anyone ever voted to put such a small person in the highest office in the land defies reason. But, set all that aside. How he behaved after he lost is beyond the pale. Hillary Clinton won three million more votes in 2016 but lost the electoral college (by who know what means) but still showed up for Trump's inauguration. Say what you will. That is character. Trump has never had any. And some still defend him? Time to check the quality of your own character if you do.

9. abwilliams profile image67
    abwilliamsposted 23 months ago

"Republicans fall in line", now that's funny!
    Who says that?
    I've just ordered my 'Don't Tread on Me' (Gadsden) tag. It will be a nice addition to my flag and t-shirt collection!
    I am always up for the cause in taking a stand against radicalized, overspending {getting worse by the day!!!} overgrown, thinking-they-know-best, overbearing, Government!
    "Falling in line", that will be the day!!
    Now I must agree with,  "liberals fall in love", yes with every bloated government program, with taxes, with cradle to grave care, there is none, more dependent on Gov, than a liberal/than a Dem. They own both titles; they fall in line and in love with every cockamamie scheme, which does 'we the people' irreparable harm.
    Talk about "a grip"!

10. Kathleen Cochran profile image76
    Kathleen Cochranposted 23 months ago

Thanks, peoplepower73! Miss Kathleen  People have tunnel vision. Historically, the economy does better under Democrats. Historically, after a GOP president a large percent of their staff are indicted. It takes time to clean up after a republican administration. Usually, not fast enough to satisfy the electorate. What is the definition of insanity? America: connect the dots.

11. Kathleen Cochran profile image76

indited

12. Kathleen Cochran profile image76

"Yes, yes he did."  OK. Sorry to have wasted your time - and mine.

13. Fayetteville Faye profile image61
    Fayetteville Fayeposted 23 months ago

Trump supporters and even Republicans are organizing online for violent acts in retaliation for the FBI search of their leaders home.

They are promising a fresh wave of violence.

"Kill all feds," one user  wrote.

Referring to Attorney General Merrick Garland, another commenter wrote, "I'm just going to say it. Garland needs to be assassinated. Simple as that."
    Also targeted was the federal judge who signed the search warrant.

"I see a rope around his neck," Dckman, a known user on the site, wrote on a post showing a photo of the judge.

The Trump loyalist faction in Congress is calling for a defunding of the FBI and some have gone as far as suggesting it needs to be dismantled along with the department of Justice.
    Representative Paul Gosar of Arizona tweeted, “We must destroy the FBI.”

This country is tracking toward a scale of political violence not seen since the civil war and it is being stoked by Mr. Trump and those who follow his ideology. They are being manipulated into believing that Mr. Trump is suffering for their sake.
    The consequences are very real as we have seen that these folks have a real propensity and capacity for violence. 

Trump supporters and members of the Republican Party who refuse to speak out on the violent rhetoric will own it when harm comes to law enforcement.

I don't personally know of anyone making such statements; who knows who these people are, making threats in complete and total anonymity.
      We can all search and find fire stokers and use them as sources, to our advantage.
      What I do know FOR SURE, for a fact, without question, the most dangerous people in years past aren't Trump supporters, aren't conservatives, aren't Republicans, aren't right-leaning.
      We all saw the anti-Trump, anti-cop, anti-America violence play out for months on end. We are very aware of what happened to David Dorn, who he was and why he was killed! We know about Officer Familia, shot and killed for wearing a uniform, while sitting in her vehicle, leaving three children behind and countless other police officers murdered by enraged anti-America leftists, Marxists, Antifa. Some 60,000 police officers were assaulted in 2020 alone! Packs of TOOLS, worked up into frenzies, doing the dirty work of the Marxist BLM leaders, while the Marxists BLM leaders profited immensely...and then took the money and ran away from the spotlight they once so coveted!
      Prove me wrong!
      We all know who started fires in inner cities and toppled and graffitied and torched 100 year old statues out of pure ignorance and rage. We know that many police stations, destroyed, have never been restored and may never be, because the people in these cities elect worthless career politicians over and over and over..... We've seen countless videos of entitled losers...looting stores loading up televisions and clothes and whatever they can get their grubby hands on, into their vehicles. They've destroyed countless Mom and Pop businesses, causing businesses to shut down permanently or relocate, for survival!

What a joke, finding some comments which can't be verified, while hanging onto Jan. 6th, acting as if these are the worst things to have ever happened to this Country.

But, trust me, I completely understand why you must pretend that all of the death and destruction and mayhem has been "stoked by Trump".

Fayetteville Fayeposted 23 months agoin reply to this

FBI and DHS issued a joint bulletin warning of 'increase in threats' to federal law enforcement.

Friday's joint intelligence bulletin notes an increase in violent threats online against federal officials and facilities, "including a threat to place a so-called dirty bomb in front of FBI Headquarters and issuing general calls for 'civil war' and 'armed rebellion.'" It also states that the FBI and DHS have identified threats against specific individuals, including the federal judge who approved the Mar-a-Lago search warrant.

Both have stated that there is an  'unprecedented, credible' number of threats against bureau in wake of  the Mar-a-Lago search.

Mr Trump's supporters and far Right outlets such as Breitbart are even releasing names of individuals in the FBI to target.

I'll just bet they did! Hello, wake up!

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news … ionage-act

https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/loca … 8857913a97

You may want to wake up and take a look for yourself and what is being said on the forums that these people congregate.

Make sure to stay focused on "what is being SAID", while completely ignoring and tuning out what has actually BEEN DONE, what continues to be done to this Country, to we the people!
              I've only laid out a small part, but ignore all of the concrete evidence, in order to stay on point.

Breitbart published a leaked version of the Mar-a-Lago search warrant, including the names of an FBI special agent and supervisor agent, on Friday. The agents both signed their names on receipts for property seized from the Trump home.

Pray for their lives as well as the lives of their families.

https://www.newsweek.com/breitbart-slam … id-1733401

https://barrettsportsmedia.com/2022/08/ … breitbart/

ab: You and Trump supporters continue to look the other way and welcome to Hitler's Germany.  You have all been brainwashed by Trump and he is bringing this country closer to a revolution.

All because he is a narcissistic master con artist who has conned people into thinking he lost an election.  He knows he lost and so do all his frontline people.

He brought all those documents to his house, so that he could use them to his advantage to control political situations and make himself look good.

It turns out some of those are beyond top secret and only supposed to be  accessed under highly controlled, authorized situations, because in the wrong hands they can affect the security of this country.

So you and all his supporters continue to look the other way and watch this country be destroyed from within by one man.

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/artic … mar-a-lago

What is happening or being done in this country?, okay...

"Mercer County man threatened to murder FBI agents last week after the bureau's search of Donald Trump's Florida estate, saying "come and get me you piece of [expletive] feds" and "I am going to [expletive] slaughter you," according to a federal complaint filed Monday in Pittsburgh.

Adam Bies, 46, is charged in U.S. District Court with influencing, impeding or retaliating against federal law officers.

He is in U.S. custody and is set for an initial appearance hearing this afternoon before a federal magistrate judge.

He stated: My only goal is to kill more of them before I drop," he wrote on Thursday. "I will not spend one second of my life in their custody."

MAGAWORLD is dangerous.

https://www.post-gazette.com/news/crime … 2208150059

Ah, selective outrage.

Where was all this concern when Justice Kavanaugh had someone make an attempt on his life?  Where was this when protesters were permitted to illegally protest outside the homes of Supreme Court Justices?

It's difficult to take any of you seriously. Talk about people with double standards.

Credence2posted 23 months agoin reply to this

No one is saying that the problem is exclusive on one side or the other. The issue is magnitude, and magnitude matters. I am going to pay all,
                    the more attention to where most of the threats are coming from.

A clue: (it's not from the Left)

Sharlee01posted 23 months agoin reply to this

It has become difficult to converse here on HP. The rhetoric has become so hyperbolic it's hard to take seriously. No really, some comments show clearly hysteria has set in.

All reasoning has been negated.

2. IslandBites profile image90
      IslandBitesposted 23 months agoin reply to this

That's right. They even doxxed the FBI agents involved in the execution of the warrant.

The lame excuse of anonymity only shows what Trump supporters are and how they operate.

The man who got killed after he attacked the FBI office, posted under his name, made threats and made public his plans. Truth Social is a fine place.

The Trump aide that doxxed the agents also used his name. The politicians and rightwing media saying the FBI planted evidence are public figures.

But sure, they all must be antifa, deep state Soros minions. SMH

3. Miebakagh57 profile image69
      Miebakagh57posted 23 months agoin reply to this

I've been a civil servant all my life.                          And, being an outsider, and though I like and support ex-President Trump, he had no business to remove those written records. What happen down there in Texas, stays put there. The records are government properties, or the repository of the  USA people.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)