As the internet expands and technology gets better I am sure war is going to become less and less of a problem.
The fact that we can get ahold of anyone from any country can really help race wars and discrimination.
I know little about Africa. What I do know is about the starvation problem due 2 poverty. I heard about that, & the fact that certain areas don't have proper bathrooms. I'm also aware of the richer part of Africa, b/c Michael Jackson was over there on a mission.
At any given time, there are many individual clashes occurring, each has its own unique set of circumstances. There are, however, some commonalities to most of the situations. Any given conflict likely contains one or more of the following common points.
1. Ethnic or racial or national or tribal, or like conflicts, where the "difference" between two sides is the focal point of the conflict. It isn't the cause, just the focal point. There's some historical context (reasoned or not, makes no difference) which is exploited to bring this about.
2. Masses living in desperate poverty seeing 'taking' from someone else as the key to future "betterment", generally a political or material goods based "betterment", believing that force can override the barriers between those who have and those who have not.
3. "The Strong Man" syndrome. Wherein mass hopelessness and grinding poverty or other oppression is exploited by an individual or group, and promises to make things "better" if they would be allowed to rule - because of desperate hopelessness, this is extremely attractive because it gives false hope.
4. A lack of civil governance that respects ownership, private enterprise, entrepreneurism. Instead, these regimes spread a belief in redistribution as a means of achieving material wealth, which prompts revolution as groups try to violently enforce redistribution favorable to themselves.
5. A lack of education makes all the above possible, but educational advancement won't occur until the vast majority see it as valuable enough to forgo the situations in 1-4.
How do you establish an educational system without a stable society? The odds are extremely stacked against good here. For every 50 voices of reason, it takes only 2 or 3 exploiters to turn the tide the wrong way.
This conflict is also taking place in the west, in Europe and even the US, where the same things that cause so much violence and suffering and agony and death in Africa, are advocated by supposedly "smart" people in the media, academia, and government, where "socialism" ( redistribution as the means to produce material wealth) is advocated, often combined with class warfare (we can just take all we want from the rich, you don't need to earn your own), and we even have our own racial pimps fomenting conflict.
by paarsurrey 7 years ago
By nature it is the isolationists, disgruntled and annoyed atheists who venture to create the conflicts.The peaceful followers of the Revealed Religion don’t do it; they only give the Message of peace.
by Shil1978 3 years ago
Why does religion cause so many conflicts? Do we require religion at all?
by Grace Marguerite Williams 8 months ago
Why are so many people from large families so defensive & go into attack mode when othersrightfully decry the former's abysmal socioeconomic & familial conditions of living on top of each other, constant socioeconomic struggle, inferior food, no medical care, castoff clothing, living in...
by ptosis 18 months ago
Arizona Senate Bill 1500 and Arizona House Bill 2456 require a candidate for the office of president of the United States to submit a copy of the their federal and state income tax returns for the immediately preceding five years."Vote YES on Arizona Senate Bill 1500 and Arizona House Bill...
by Nexis19 7 years ago
Politics or Religion? Which is more responsible for conflict around the world?
by Grace Marguerite Williams 3 months ago
middle, upper middle, and upper class parents wouldn't think of doing to their children in terms of their children's socioeconomic success, education, and future achievement?
|HubPages Device ID|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Google Analytics|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel|
|Google Hosted Libraries|
|Google AdSense Host API|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels|
|Author Google Analytics|
|Amazon Tracking Pixel|