jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Is it illegal and or unethical for children older than four to share a bed with

1. Nikki D. Felder profile image75
    Nikki D. Felderposted 7 years ago

Is it illegal and or unethical for children older than four to share a bed with a parent?

I think of the character "Jack" in Room by Emma Donoghue.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/3952261_f260.jpg

2. eculligan profile image73
    eculliganposted 7 years ago

I don't think so since you are a parent.  Now if it were Michael Jackson then that's a little creepy.  Although you probably want your privacy so you wouldn't want to start that bad habit.

3. Tirzah Laughs profile image83
    Tirzah Laughsposted 7 years ago

It is not illegal to have children sleep in the parents bed as long as its a non-sexual.   In many cultures, it's considered more than acceptable to have kids welcome into the bed of the parents. 

Once a child moves toward puberty, the communal bed should be discontinued. 

I'm not saying that if there are other problems in the home that Child Protective Services might not look at you funny but its not technically illegal.

Personally it wouldn't be my choice but its also not my culture.

4. Chrysoprasus profile image55
    Chrysoprasusposted 7 years ago

nah....my brother still sleeps with my parents and he's 10 yrs old.. i dont think its unethical or should put malice to it because they are your kids

5. profile image53
    SpaceAgeposted 7 years ago

I'd never let a child sleep w/ me. They'd have their own beds, w/ no excuse 2 use mine.

6. profile image0
    nomadicasianposted 7 years ago

A big NO. Neither of the two words would exactly prevent your children to sleep with you. But in any circumstances it's better for children age 6, 7 and up to have their own sleeping quarters and this is what the common set-up in the Western world and other rich countries but not in poorer countries where a family sleep together in a cramped abode.

7. profile image0
    themodposted 7 years ago

they are parents, the rest is up to you just think about it.

8. Jay Louidor profile image60
    Jay Louidorposted 7 years ago

I don't think it should be deemed illegal. To each his own. I just think it's weird.

working