jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Who's going to be a big winner in the Nov 2nd election?

1. Ken R. Abell profile image80
    Ken R. Abellposted 7 years ago

Who's going to be a big winner in the Nov 2nd election?

2. profile image57
    ThePeeDeeWildcatposted 7 years ago

In theory, I would say that the Tea Party/GOP/Conservatives will be the big winners on November 2, 2010. Somehow, though, I wonder how much elections matter anymore. I get the feeling that America is getting ready to degenerate into two armed camps.

3. kookoo88 profile image59
    kookoo88posted 7 years ago

The banks, corporations, special interests, political action committees, unions . . . anyone who benefits from having politicians in their control. 

The only losers will be the taxpayers who no longer seem to matter. smile

4. bayareagreatthing profile image65
    bayareagreatthingposted 7 years ago

One thing is likely that it will not be the American public.

5. GNelson profile image76
    GNelsonposted 7 years ago

The big winners will be corporations and the very rich.  They have the money to buy unlimited air time and get most of us to vote for their interests and against our own.

6. nuclearmom profile image60
    nuclearmomposted 7 years ago

I learned a new word today-"politibacy". Think celebacy, but in relation to politics.  I have a serious aversion to politics and politicians.  None of them have ever proven to be worth giving the green light to rule over my life.

7. Petra Vlah profile image59
    Petra Vlahposted 7 years ago

NOT the American people, that's for sure. Wasington is nothing but a revolving door and "the more things change, the more they stay the same"

8. Tom T profile image70
    Tom Tposted 7 years ago

I think the big winner will be President Obama!  Think about it, right now his party is in power in both houses of congress during a horrible economic situation.  He can't really blame congress too much because short of a filibuster, the republicans can't really do anything themselves.

If the congress changes hands, he gets someone to blame in 2012 for all the economic problems we have.  He can rightfully say that they had power and did not want to work with him.  Let's face it, things are going to get worse before they get better.  Having someone to blame who has some power to fix a problem is far better than having bad luck or only yourself to blame.

9. Freeway Flyer profile image90
    Freeway Flyerposted 7 years ago

Republicans will do well, but their victories won't mean much. If they get a slight majority in either the House or Senate (or both), they won't be able to get much of significance done. And if they somehow pass something that is part of the "conservative agenda," it will most likely be vetoed. The basic question is which party can do the best job of blaming the other for the events of the next two years.I guess the main winners will be those who benefit from the current status quo.

working