jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

99 Weeks: When Unemployment Benefits Run Out what to do?

1. websclubs profile image52
    websclubsposted 7 years ago

99 Weeks: When Unemployment Benefits Run Out what to do?

2. Cassie Smith profile image67
    Cassie Smithposted 7 years ago

You should have been looking for a job while unemployed and you should still keep looking for a job even now.  Your job while you're unemployed is to look for a job.

3. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

get a job might be a good idea. people love to ride the e.i. train, but when it's gone they act like they have been ripped off.

4. websclubs profile image52
    websclubsposted 7 years ago

Connecticut’s Department of Labor now estimates nearly 21,000 people without jobs have now run out of their 99 weeks of unemployment support...

see: http://www.fairfieldweekly.com/news/featured-news/
    The story line of this Crisis is being repeated millions of times...It's very sad to be put in this situation--
    Those desperate folks...“They keep asking” ‘What is going on?’ “an incredibly serious problem”
    Connecticut’s budget crisis...  -Laid off CT "jobs lost in the recession"
    some - People don't get it unless they are laid off and understand how devastating it is...“no idea how ...to pay  rent, car and its insurance” don't have phone or Internet service at home anymore... do all ... job searching at the town library and limit ...phone usage in a prepaid cell phone.  Economic Disaster”...people need to understand, that the jobs aren't coming back...  you get the BIG picture...There are NO jobs!  YOU cant find a job for 100 miles - I agree that 99 weeks is a lot--...?? get real! still unemployed... All I want is a JOB!  --hate to be a doom and gloom but this is a reality check.
    out of time...get ready for a rude awakening? It would be in Your best interest to learn to get creative, because that's the only way, you're going to get a payday!

the Connecticut Unemployment web site.

see: http://jobsearch.about.com/b/2010/10/17/connecticu

-- Unemployed workers in Connecticut can apply ...

Connecticut Unemployment Benefits