jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Have the recent Terror Alerts affected you in any way?

1. Lady_E profile image77
    Lady_Eposted 7 years ago

Have the recent Terror Alerts affected you in any way?

The Alerts are currently high now in Europe and America (Oct 2010).  Sometimes, when I shop, I buy so much extra just incase.......something happens and no one can go out. Paranoid!

2. wychic profile image89
    wychicposted 7 years ago

Hasn't affected anything about life here, but I also live in small-town Wyoming. I think everyone just assumes that if there's going to be a terrorist attack, they'll attack somewhere that would actually result in some casualties. Not to mention, in a land-locked state that's mostly unpopulated, it just doesn't make sense for anyone to bother, we don't even have public transportation.

3. lostdogrwd profile image59
    lostdogrwdposted 7 years ago

I just want to know what the world government are planning for EVERY TIME some terror happen, here in the United State we lost new right that we had and the government borrow super large amount of money to  contractor who the people of congress have stock in and American in more debt. sound like the start of another robbery of the people to me

4. profile image0
    jasper420posted 7 years ago

i would not say paranoid but i do think some get so worked up over what the news says i think we need to trust in god that he will do with our country and our lives his will and have faith that his will is good it helps with the whole paranoid thing

5. Ms Dee profile image88
    Ms Deeposted 7 years ago

What you are doing, Lady_E, sounds kinda normal to me. I lived in Asia for quite a while and there would be times when we were told to stay in and not go out for a week, sometimes more, because terrorists were in the city. Currently I live in a neighborhood in the US where it is not unusual for us to lose power for days, not just hours, and it has been helpful to have certain supplies on hand. One never knows. Some say that if things really get bad, there would be fights between the haves -- who have stored supplies -- and the have-nots. Probably true in certain places. I guess I've been thinking to have enough on hand to hold us over until we could get out to somewhere else...maybe a couple weeks? These are just my initial thoughts for what they are worth smile.

6. Ralph Deeds profile image64
    Ralph Deedsposted 7 years ago

I haven't experienced any effects so far as I know. The issue of how to prevent air shipment of packages containing IEDs does concern me. Apparently there's no easy way to screen all these packages. Even if we were to shut off all packages, e.g., from Yemen, the terrorists would probably simply send them from another country. Very hard to stop this. Cooperative international. efforts are more important than ever before.

working