jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Is there a 'vote' republican stealth campaign...in action on here? Seems to be

1. Joe Badtoe profile image59
    Joe Badtoeposted 7 years ago

Is there a 'vote' republican stealth campaign...in action on here?

Seems to be several...

amateurish questions about Obama and a lot of ignorant hype from the usual right wing conservatives who still claim that Bush was good for the country.

If the republicans take over congress it will be a disaster.

Yes or No?

2. Abecedarian profile image78
    Abecedarianposted 7 years ago

I don't knolw about that, I know there are a lot of Tea Party hubs, but I know it use to be that if you had a democratic president and a republican congress, you could usually accomplish quite a bit or vise versa, but with all the NO voting and Obstruction going on, it's hard to tell what will happen.  If they gain control, they could distroy all that's been accomplished or they could actually start doing something right because if they don't, they'll not only have the GOP pissed off at them, they'll have the Tea Party against them and we've all seen what that vendictive Sarah Palin can do.

3. profile image0
    Longhunterposted 7 years ago

In not exactly sure how your Parliament works but, over here, things seem to work better if we have a difference in parties from Congress to the White House.

Given my Conservative dent on most things, no, I don't think it'll be a disaster. We need checks and balances we haven't had since Obama became president.

I do know that if they don't govern according to the will of the people and realize they work for us, they won't have a job very long.

The people of this country are just as fed up with our present government as we were when we declared our independence from your country. Our representatives, senators, and president would do well to remember that as they move past this election.

4. Joe Badtoe profile image59
    Joe Badtoeposted 7 years ago

thanks for answering folks and I'm sure you both know far more than me about how the system works in the US. I just wonder what the possibilities are should too many far right politicians get their hands on too much power. I can't believe that America will once again lurch to the extreme right and focus on war whilst allowing the banks to reign free again.

The Tea Party are hopefully a knee jerk reaction from disaffected Republicans and they'll disappear. I think there is a global resentment towards the banking industry and how they control our lives. Conservative governments by nature are pro capitalism but something clearly has to change if we are to avoid repeating the same mistakes over and over.

5. WalterDamage profile image59
    WalterDamageposted 7 years ago

I'm not expecting much in the way of progress from the GOP, but right now, if they can neuter Obama's big government, far left agenda, I'm all for it.

At least he'll be a lame duck for the next two years....

working