jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

How long do you think that the GOP will control congress?

1. MikeSyrSutton profile image65
    MikeSyrSuttonposted 7 years ago

How long do you think that the GOP will control congress?

2. Buck Steiner profile image60
    Buck Steinerposted 7 years ago

Much longer than the democrats did. After trying to submit the answer I was informed it was too short.

3. BillyDRitchie profile image60
    BillyDRitchieposted 7 years ago

If they learned their lesson from 2006 and actually go up there and do what they were elected to do, they'll last a long time.

If they start reeling out of control again, they will be shown the door in short order, and rightfully so....

4. CMerritt profile image80
    CMerrittposted 7 years ago

I think the GOP is under a magnifying glass right now, and as well they should be.  IF, they stick to the promises, to reduce spending, keep taxes low, repeal the healthcare bill, and keep the size of government from expanding, I believe they will continue to control congress for a long spell.  I also, believe it the above holds true, the GOP will return control of the Senate and the White House.

5. Abecedarian profile image77
    Abecedarianposted 7 years ago

When is the next election? Look how quickly American's turned their backs on a President they elected. He did exactly what he told them on the campaign trail and it still wasn't enough. He wasn't fast enough, he wasn't slow enough. American's live in a what have you done for me society, so the Republicans shouldn't get too comfortable, for that matter neither should the Democrats because the Tea Party, the Green Party and the Libertarians could easily take over if the Republicans "fail" to do what they said, and I mean like yesterday.

6. Donna Janelle profile image74
    Donna Janelleposted 7 years ago

In my opinion, until the next election. Everything seems to completely flip flop in politics so frequently...

7. Ravaged Nation profile image61
    Ravaged Nationposted 7 years ago

Abecedarian writes: Obama did exactly what he said he was going to do...

Obama never specified anything during his campaign other than hope and change. Had Obama been vetted by the main stream media, American's who read would have known that as a youth Obama was surrounded by radical anti capitalists who want to change the complete structure of the American economy. Redistribution of wealth by any means necessary. His friends include William Ayers and Reverend Jeremiah Wright and others who follow Saul Alinsky's theory of crash the government and the economy by getting as many people as possible on the public dole until it breaks. Let's pray that Republican's control congress long enough to end Obama's reign of Hope and Change. America as we know it is at stake.

8. GNelson profile image77
    GNelsonposted 7 years ago

The GOP doesn't control squat.  Neither does that other group.  They all cater to the money and the money is not in our pockets.  I believe we will all be disappointed.  Unless you are in that top 2% that doesn't want to pay any more in taxes.

9. sacramento girl profile image61
    sacramento girlposted 6 years ago

A long, long time.  The previous Republican takeover of congress occurred in 1994 and they held on to power until 2006 -- 12 years. This time they won with a bigger margin.

working